• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SQ: Can i make it if they make me skip my "Basic"?

R22Reg

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score

I'm about to join the military, again, after a first contract of three year and i did my "basic" four years ago. Since it's still valid they want to send me directly to my SQ. I'm in good shape and I'm craving for challenges (civi life is quite boring actually!). But I'm a little bit apprehensive since all the guys I'm going to be with, will be fresh from basic. Can i make it if they make me skip my "Basic"? Should and could i request to do my "basic" all over again? 

Thank you.

R22Reg....dont post the same thing in multiple sections of te site, thanks

army.ca staff

The "basic" topic and another one (don't recall)  didn't seem to work properly so i re posted it, since I'm first time user i didn't know it will appear two times like that, sorry.

I don't think you have much to worry about if you keep yourself in shape.  Folks fresh from BMQ aren't (for the most part) pinnacles of physical fitness.

How true!  When I was on POET up against younglings fresh from BMQ, I was outrunning them!  22 years in, 43 years old, smoker, hadn't done PT in {some time}  ;D
I don't think you'll have any problems keeping up.  Rely on your past experience and tough it out, so to speak.
:D

Why would you want to do basic again if you don't have to? You'll catch up quick in SQ I'd imagine.

If you feel that you need to do basic over again then all you need to do is mention it to the recruiter. If you think you can go directly to SQ and pass then do it. The choice is yours.
Feet :cdn:

Back