• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Back from great hike in shirt and T-shirt with a lot of sun and snow at MT. Strachan (1440m). Great view and fresh air.

Beers and burgers were good after the hike  :nod:

I should add that life is good in  :cdn:

Recovering from M & G in Ottawa...700km to Homeplate kinda sucks but the drive home through Algonquin brought back many memories of road moves to Petawoowoo. The nice part was that it didn't take 22 hours either! And as a bonus I met some very nice people too.

Cheers,

tango22a

eh, going to the Gym soon. And then the Zoo with my girlfriend lol.

Getting mentally prepared for the commute home (hey, it's the 401) then doing a quick change into Legion dress for tonight's presentation of the Medal Of Excellence to a deserving Air Cadet in Oakville. 

And I'm still trying to find out where the pics of the Ottawa M&G that I downloaded from my phone to my computer have disappeared to  ::)

because everybody deserves desires more pictures of JM in chaps  ;D

Getting ready to leave work to work out, wishing I could be baking bread instead...

Can't sleep, so I'm still up. Last shift of work before going under the knife is tomorrow, so the whole not being able to sleep thing is even more of a pain. Thinking about going golfing on Friday and/or Saturday while I still can.

Oddball

Sat, 301620KMAY09

Well, its the late arvo of the 2nd last day of fall, and the winter of 2009 offically begins 01 Jun here in the southern hemisphere.

Today, cut the grass, trimmed the palm fronds and other trees, took a load of green waste to the local tip at Ningi.

Had a mate over for a chin wag, and now thawing out a skinless chook breast for tonight's tea.

METREP currently a cool 21.6C, the sun sets at 1701h, and will rise at 0628h tomorrow. Pool temp is 21C.

A quiet easy day here in the tropics on www.bribie.com.au - WTF is a Bribie? Go to the link and have a squizz.

Cheers,

OWDU

Just had a few drinks with some friends tonight...seriously Regina must be the windiest city ever...sitting on the patio should have been nice, but nope...damn wind ruined it

janbear said:
Just had a few drinks with some friends tonight...seriously Regina must be the windiest city ever...sitting on the patio should have been nice, but nope...damn wind ruined it

Head to South Albert to Earls. They got a nice courtyard (good windbreaks), and a not-so-bad environment.

I am sure you know the place better than I, but I was there last August, and not a bad place (Earls). As for Regina (I used to live there leaving in Jan 95) as a whole, I find it a unfriendly dirty violent place with a mosquito infested swamp in the centre  ;D . When there is no mosquitos, its either snowing or -40C.

Cheers,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Head to South Albert to Earls. They got a nice courtyard (good windbreaks), and a not-so-bad environment.

Strangest thing...i actually was at that Earls last night, how'd ya know? hahaha. Still, it was gusty...of course it was like 60km/hr winds, so thats probably why!

Regina totally is a dirty disgusting city rampant with crime...i won't miss it one bit!!!!

janbear said:
Regina totally is a dirty disgusting city rampant with crime...i won't miss it one bit!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how does Edmonton compare?

Edmonton has to be alot better...Regina always kicks its ass in the "most violent crimes per capita" category in McLeans magazine. I have never lived in Edmonton, but i've been in Regina most of my life and have had cars stolen, been mugged (dont worry i broke the guy's jaw...he wasn't getting my purse), had my apartment broken into, and seen one of my friends get stabbed while waiting for a bus....Regina is BAD!

Suppose anywhere can be bad, but i've only lived here,Milestone,SK,Troy VT, Boston MA, and Guangzou China and Regina has been the absolute worst for crime and utter grunginess.

Edmonton has it's areas that are best avoided, and there is some gang violence, but that's just vermin control in my book.  I was determined not to like Edmonton when they moved me from Chilliwack in 96, but I grew to love the place pretty fast.  If you're bored in Edmonton, that's your fault.  Not really any dirtier than any other flatland city with a constant wind.

Just watching tornado like activity rolling through the area. Hopefully you won't see me on the news tomorrow.

Waiting on the Videotron guy to come and install my new cable/internet/phone service. They said to expect him between 7:30am and noon. I expect him at 4:30pm.

Back