• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

2036 and I'm wrestling with the Mag pouch layout on my body armour. Theres just never enough room, especially when your a Grenadier. Constantly shuffling pouches around since 1800 trying to make more room and be more convenient.
Probably go to bed soon anyway.

Enjoyed an early Thanksgiving Dinner and family from ON and NB visiting yesterday. Woke up to a pile of leftover food this morning. Thankfully the kids did most of the dishes before they left.

We did the holiday dinner yesterday, too.  Thankfully, no leftovers.  My sister took them as my hubby is off to Vancouver tomorrow for a couple of weeks and I head out to Trenton tomorrow and then back to Ottawa on Wednesday night.  Although, I'm going to miss having a turkey sandwich today!  :'(

Good dinner last night and this morning my sister made savory crepes with ham and cheese!  Yum!!

PMedMoe said:
Good dinner last night and this morning my sister made savory crepes with ham and cheese!  Yum!!

Oh, I'm jealous--sounds delicious!

I worked this weekend--my very favorite celebration of the entire year is Thanksgiving. So, thankfully, I don't work this weekend every year because four of us take turns.

-Guess I'll have my Thanksgiving celebration in the middle of week--probably duck and it's a family tradition to prepare Thanksgiving dinner with a large number of different coloured vegetables--not sure about dessert yet :-\. Maybe the traditional pie or maybe I'll try something completely new and different.

The family's all gathered at my Mom's place at Wasaga Beach where they're having lotsa way too much fun and under directives not to call me and brag about it ;D.

For dessert, my sister-in-law made apple crumb with ice cream, as well as a pumpkin cheesecake vice pumpkin pie. I found the cheesecake to be a real treat.

PMedMoe said:
leroi, I'm going to ask my sister for the recipe.  I will pass it along!

Thanks Moe!!!

Kratz, I'm going to try a pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It sounds yummy!

leroi said:
Thanks Moe!!!

Kratz, I'm going to try a pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It sounds yummy!

No problem.  Yes, pumpkin cheesecake is divine!!

Spent my free time cleaning up after a wicked tropical spring storm here on the island. I lost 4 palm trees in the back (hammock ones are fine), and two lilli pillies (trees) in the front. Some chain saw action took care of it all, pool was brown with mud, as it decided to rain mud too, so the pump is one now cleaning that mess too.

It was 35C yesterday, and 31C today with more dust from the west moving in.

I am rooted, off to bed, 0500 comes early.

Regards,

Wes

Overwatch Downunder said:
Spent my free time cleaning up after a wicked tropical spring storm here on the island. I lost 4 palm trees in the back (hammock ones are fine), and two lilli pillies (trees) in the front. Some chain saw action took care of it all, pool was brown with mud, as it decided to rain mud too, so the pump is one now cleaning that mess too.

It was 35C yesterday, and 31C today with more dust from the west moving in.

I am rooted, off to bed, 0500 comes early.

Regards,

Wes

Saw Pic's of your place, I did'nt know the ADF paid that well  ;D.

But on a more serious note, how often do you get those wicked Dust Storms we've been seeing on the News here ?.

Cheers.

P.S. 35 c, it must be tough, Winter has already arrived out West and its only the start of Fall. Brrrrrrr.

philr1960 said:
Takeing a break from studying for ecfat and interview on wed.This should be interesting ive been out of uniform longer then most recruits and instructors have been alive 31yrs to be exact.But at 48 ive reapplyed and keeping fingers crossed.Hopefully this time next yr will be sitting in leapord.
I'm in a similar situation, out of regs for 20 years, getting back in, this time PRes. CFAT, Fitness test, Medical, and interview all completed. I rec'd a call yesterday from a med tech saying we now need some blood work and an ECG because I'm over 40. With 49th B-day around the corner, and further delays I may end up retiring before swearing in !  ;D

Recovering from a very long week (so far) of getting back into running and dropping some weight from my being laid up from injury.Have two of my kayaks put away for winter...but debating on heading out tomorrow in my old one I got left out to shoot some video.

Currently watching CNN/CBC live feeds & TV stations ...

Of attempts to figure out how to slow down/catch/stop a runaway hotair ballon carrying only a 6 year old boy ... balloon is deflating ---

Hope all works out for this wee lad.

:-\

Ughhhh,

Balloon just landed with no 6 year old inside ... apparently one of the siblings is reporting having seen him fall out 'somewhere' ...

Gawd. I hope this kid is OK. Hoping the sibling was wrong & the 6 year old wasn't even in it when it took off. Fingers crossed.

Just logging on briefly.

I'm taking a break from working on creating a Lat/Long quiz for tomorrows classroom training; it's multiple choice, but the answers are very close and the answer for each question could easily be any one of the listed options, so you either know your stuff or you don't (it's either right or it's wrong) and as per request... just to keep things interesting, I threw in one way out in left field question.  Nothing like sharpening the brains of pilots , Navs and SAR air crews... myself included (theoretically speaking).  I'm looking forward to tomorrows class.  Always lots to learn! 

The snow finally melted.  The weather can't seem to make up it's mind.  I'm hoping the weather will continue contemplating the warmer fall like weather until the spring and skip the cold winter temps all together, but that might be too optimistic.

Nothing fancy for supper tonight, just some soup with bread and butter.  It just felt like a soup kind of day.  Speaking of which, the soup is ready, so off I go and then back to work.

Have a super week everyone! 

Sitting in the MIR staring at my cartoonishly swollen left foot and wishing I was home in my bed with my family. Instead I keep reliving wednesday morning over in my head and wishing it wasn't true. *sorry for being a downer, lately it seems my moods have been depressed and not AS depressed*  hopefully this week will be better than the last.

Lil_T said:
Sitting in the MIR staring at my cartoonishly swollen left foot and wishing I was home in my bed with my family. Instead I keep reliving wednesday morning over in my head and wishing it wasn't true. *sorry for being a downer, lately it seems my moods have been depressed and not AS depressed*  hopefully this week will be better than the last.

What happened?

Broke my left leg on the obstacle course last Wednesday. So now I'm on sick leave for a while and I'll be recoursed. Ugh. You know, if that "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" saying is true, I'm going to be the toughest fracking clerk the CF ever saw when this is all over!!

Sorry to hear that Lil_T.
We've missed your sense of humor on the forum!
I'd been wondering about your absence. Now I know.

Watching U-571 on The History Channel, looking at the remainders of the first snowfall in the front yard and having a coffee while trying to figure out how come the word "entitled" is used the way it is so much in this country.

Back