• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Somehow a Fitness Thread from a "Kiwi shoe polish" Thread

This is the piece that people are missing. The FORCE was designed from the ground up. The foundational documents being the BFORs and the Common Military Task Standards. Any fitness evaluation the CAF uses has to be defensible to challenge. That's why even during the EXPRES days, if you failed the BFT or Army Fitness Test, you still only had to complete the EXPRES. Any service specific fitness requirements would have to be consistent with the FORCE, and failure could not result in punitive, or even administrative measures. That is not to say that certain courses can not have fitness standards that exceed the FORCE, but there's no entitlement to be placed on course, so there's little recourse for not meeting the standard.
The FORCE Test has nothing to do with "Fitness". It's about keeping disabled people out of the CAF in a way that complies with the Canadian Human Rights Act.

The FORCE Test has nothing to do with "Fitness". It's about keeping disabled people out of the CAF in a way that complies with the Canadian Human Rights Act.

The CAF be like...

Lying Sneak Attack GIF by Kim's Convenience

Hence why I would suggest for the RCN some form of Fireman's test. It has excellent practical application and, as you and I can both attest, bunker gear, Dragger, a charged firehose will test anyone's fitness. Throw in some CASEVAC and ladder climbs and you have yourself a pretty sweet little fitness test, that's also providing some reasonable applications that will help to express to th participant that this is not just an exercise in nuisance it's also part of being a sailor.
Can confirm.

Having done several FORCE tests over the years, and also perfoming the CPAT for Fire. The CPAT is hands down a more occupational related test. Never felt gassed after a FORCE test quite the same as the CPAT.

I never really had an issue doing the FORCE test the couple of times that I had to do it. Never did like doing the firefighter PT test every year. I'd get to a point and it would literally be I'm going to keep going as I don't want to have to do this test again for another year.

I never really had an issue doing the FORCE test the couple of times that I had to do it. Never did like doing the firefighter PT test every year. I'd get to a point and it would literally be I'm going to keep going as I don't want to have to do this test again for another year.

Which is exactly what an operationally focused PT test should be like, IMHO, otherwise we're fooling ourselves that our troops will be ready for their jobs in battle.

Back