• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some People Should Be Deported....

We may not agree with what that website has to say, I infact disagree with it entirley.

But it ultimatley comes down to the fact that we exist to protect their right to be able to openly hold ideals such as those. Be thankful we live in and proudly serve to defend a country with freedom, many people don't have that luxury.

One of the key points that people who object to militaries in general seem to forget is the fact that human nature as it is, there is always someone who wants power. Whether that power is political, economic or other, there is always someone who wants it and will stop at nothing to further their own agenda. This is the key reason that world peace, while a nice, fuzzy and happy dream, is likely to never become a reality. People are people. Someone always wants something more than someone else.

I have no problem with our military members being willing to fight and die for one's right to voice their opinion. What I do take exception to is the willingness of these people to whine, bitch and moan at the money being spent on our barely armed forces. At the same time should something go horribly wrong (our own 9/11 for instance) or some sort of natural disaster or large scale emergency, these same people will be the ones who come running to the military and demand action. The worst part will be that because the politicians and the general public remain complacent and continue to neglect the military which in itself is shameful, they will openly complain that the military hasn't done enough to protect them and their interests when the after action reports come down and blame is assigned, which it always is....

That is the nature of our political and social system and while it is our job to be the tool of the government, which does the bidding of our people, it doesn't make it right. The public and our government should be ashamed of themselves. They alone have let the state of the military degrade to the point of virtual ineffectiveness. Every military goes through transitional periods and re-constitutional phases, but usually there is some sort of vision or firm end state in mind. If anyone knows where we're headed, let me know.

The famous Jack Nicholson monologue from A Few Good Men comes to mind........That being said, I'm proud of my country, proud of the armed forces. Overall a country is a reflection of their military. Look at world opinion of the US.......Who are their tools of foreign policy?

That website and the people who promote it are shameful. I respect their right to voice their opinion yes. Do I expect that their ridiculous agenda and ideas be considered for even a moment? I should hope not!

:salute: :cdn:

>Nonviolent resistance is a viable alternative to war, and has been used successfully in many freedom struggles around the world, including the Danish resistance of Nazi occupation

You have to admit, that's a priceless remark.

the crackheads are right outof'er,heres my donation. :bullet: :bullet: :bullet:

Priceless is right!!!! How long did it take for the Germans to roll.......Ah, never mind. Non violent resistance as an idea is great. Smart or viable enough to succeed? HAHA!!! Got to go back outside and hug my tree again...........

TM ;D

Well their mailing addy is one from T.O, so I imagine that's where they're based out of. I wonder if any of these tool boxes had their driveways shovelled by any of us when Mel Lastman(another tool box) called in the army.

The more i read their page, the more  I want to smash things.

HollywoodHitman said:
Priceless is right!!!! How long did it take for the Germans to roll.......Ah, never mind. Non violent resistance as an idea is great. Smart or viable enough to succeed? HAHA!!! Got to go back outside and hug my tree again...........

You mean you haven't logged it yet?  What the heck are you waiting for??

Here, I'll even let you borrow my chainsaw.

I need some wood for my campfire.

Workin on it guys!!! Nice thing about trees.....Once you cut one down, he has friends!!!! :threat:

They absolutely have the right to say those things, but I reserve the right to laugh at them for being such complete and utter morons.

It's quite spectacular that in a society in which damn near everyone is literate, and therefore reasonably educated by historical standards, there can be so many dumb people.

They absolutely have the right to say those things, but I reserve the right to laugh at them for being such complete and utter morons

I utterly agree with that one!

Hey, these guys might be on to something.  The corollary to their argument of some CO withholding money from the military budget means that I (or any other Canadian) should be able to direct ALL of my tax dollars to the military (and none of it to the Gun Registry!), if I so choose.  Let's see, I paid about $15K in federal tax last year (not including any GST)- all that we need to do is find about 1 million other like minded Canadian individuals or corporations to do the same and we are talking a $15 billion/year defence budget!  If we hire a really slick PR firm (and some good telemarketers), the CF should be rolling in the dough in no time!

Cheers!

As a member of the military, I dont worry so much about health care.Maybee I should look into not paying taxes for health care, yeah in the end without funding, people may die but after all this is about me right??

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world where a peaceful protest will stop an MBT.  These people are definitely having their cake and eating it too.  They can feel good about themselves painting the military as a pack of bloodthirsty war mongers while at the same time knowing that if anyone ever tried to take away their freedom to do so we are here to defend them.  In any case here is quote I found particularly suitable:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertion of better men than himself.

-John Stuart Mill

I just wrote these retards an email. Doubt I'll get one back though.

ive written them as well, but remember one thing, if you write to them telling them off and being rude they arent going to listen to you. not only this, but if you have told them you are a member of the military then you are just feeding fuel to the fire. write them if you will, but be factual, precise and above all polite.

I wrote to them, and managed to refrain from swearing and/or mocking them excessively.  As a result, I received a reply:

Greetings,

As you can probably imagine, I've been getting quite a few e-mails from
people who are upset by our website. I want to reply to each message, but
that will take time.

First I just want to thank you for your message, because yours is a
welcoming kind of message. It invites us to visit the forum website.

I did that and got some idea of what the forum is all about. I don't know
what one needs to do to get a password to join... and to tell the truth, I
don't think I could handle belonging to a forum.

If I did join, I would need to join from my own computer as this computer
(and e-mail address) belongs to my mother. (It's a bit of a long story why
this is so, basically because for some Conscience Canada work I need to
handle attachments and I can't with my own computer.)

One part of my belief in non-violence is that "each person, each being, has
a piece of the truth" to paraphrase Gandhi. I believe that dialogue is of
vital importance. So, I'm glad someone alerted the forum to our website and
look forward to writing replies.

Feel free to post this message to the list if you want.

I should explain that mail sent to our site comes to this address (my
mother, Jody's, address). Neither of us is thrilled with profanity, but I
know that's just a matter of style really. (Yours is one of the few messages
free of swear words.) I'm the secretary of Conscience Canada.

all the best, Jan Slakov

So there ya have it.  I actually didn't expect a reply at all.  I assumed the whole thing was a scam, but this reply made me rethink that.  I still think their beleifs are idiotic, but I'm actually looking forward to debating his/their ideas.

48thHighlander........

You are very brave. I am not so patient. I'm not so sure I could manage a dialogue with someone so easily with my hand wrapped around their neck, eg. Homer with Bart........(Granolas aren't the only ones who can use drama to illustrate a point)......I think I need an insulin shot from the sickly sweet tones of that response email you recieved.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze are these people for real???.........Where's my chainsaw and a large pristine forest?

On a slightly more serious note.......I think if anyone is going to send nasty-grams to Unconcious Canada, they should refrain from using profane language. I don't think it'd reflect well on soldierdom (new word?) if we can't demonstrate a little verbal/typewritten restraint. There's some very articulate and thoughtful people on this (army.ca) site from what I've seen...........

One last, not so serious note......Let's not offend Jan's MOTHER...........Jeeeeeeeze.

i phoned them earlier today, and im pretty sure it is just some private reisdence. when the lady answered the phone all she said was hello, no 'hello conscious canada how may i help you.' someone obviously didnt put much thought, time, or money into this, i guess they are too busy filling out welfare forms and standing in line ups and wednesday.

Back