• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snow in Toronto... "where is the army?"

PMedMoe said:
I see a locked thread in the future......
CRYSTA~12.GIF

Considering the number of Mods on here from Tronna, I don't 8)

I wonder if Vancouver got its annual rainfall in one day if they would come-a-callin'?

The West coast got the crap kicked out of it with wind, rain, AND snow a few months ago.  I never saw anyone in RELISHPAT bailing out my mum's basement.

Did it equal the ANNUAL precipataion for one year in a few days?...then its not the same.

No, because it would have had to be 175% relative humidity.  Are you sure it was the total?  Does that mean you won't get any more then? You also got off pretty light for the rest of the winter, so there should have been a crapload of unused SNIK money just sitting there, waiting.  Out here, if we are expecting a big one, every private equipment operator is contracted for the digout by the county.  Even me and my little plow got some county cash for clearing my hamlet's roads.  " Something something planning prevents something something performance" or something like that. 

Ok...'average annual'.........oh, hold it...more flyshit right over there....

Yup, lots of money........and I'm sure the military was quite happy to grab it.

Wasn't so much the lack of plowing equipment, just lack of places to plow it too........you really need to see a big city some time. ;)

You win, it was the right thing to do, and BadBoy and the rest of you should be justifyably proud.

Hey, I wouldn't live there.........they have people who set up 'smokers' and then don't show.

Now why would you think I meant you.............? :-[

Hehe

He ain't living that one down soon is he. 8)

Tess there is only one way to redeem yourself...set up another smoker and SHOW UP THIS TIME, evern if the city gets snowed in and you have to surplus winter warfare kit to get there.

NO NO NO NON NON NON!!!

I was walking home today and the streets are jammed.  I walked faster than anyone was driving.  I heard thunder twice - as long as the power stays on I'm happy as a clam in my nice warm apartment. I got two phone calls - and an e-mail from my unit saying not to come in tonight.  If we are called up this weekend to shovel snow - I'll still be happy.  I'm away on course this weekend Ha!  :warstory:

Rick Mercer Report : Special Report
Snow...........In............Toronto

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZcwnO794k

Sheerin said:
I honestly would like to see how any other part of the country would do if they got their yearly average in short period of time. 

We got it in December 2007 in 2 snow storms (Montréal). Everyone was saying the city didn't do a god job. The citizens neither, by having theirs cars in streets where the snow had to be removed.

Ottawa has almost broken its all time record for snowfall - it was coming down quite a bit last night and most of today.

Back