• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snow in Toronto... "where is the army?"

niner domestic said:
Norms, storms and that's what White Juan was.. all 95 cm in one night...and I'm married to the freaking army and I never got any little green guys helping me shovel out...
Looks like a typical mid february snowfall in Greenwood to me?  And TO is complaining about a few inches? :mad: 
They will never understand the Secret of Snow.
(PM me if YOU don't know)

Sheerin, I'm from the Yukon.. we know snow...http://www.taiga.net/yourYukon/col409.html

Lived in Kingston during the Ice Storm, Halifax for Juan and White Juan and now live in Ottawa...I lived in TO when I was a kid for a few years and certainly remember the snow, but never having to use the Army...my dad just made us go out and shovel everyone's walkway and driveway.

Pffft.  City People...  Nuff said.

My first purchase on posting to Petawawa (after the house) was..... a 12 HP snowblower.  It saw plenty of use, and the snowplow went by more times than I could count when the snow was falling.  First thing I sold on reciept of my posting message to Comox was that snowblower!  ;D

Trapped on the street for 3 days waiting for a plow to clear the 20 inches of snow that brought the Comox Valley to it's knees.... I bought a 95 4X4 Tahoe.  I wanted a Yukon, cause, like 9D I am from Yukon, but none in my price range.  I was pleased though, since it is so green it must please the econuts here.  Anyhow, if you don't, can't, won't deal with the weather... I guess Darwin is calling.

niner domestic said:
Norms, storms and that's what White Juan was.. all 95 cm in one night...and I'm married to the freaking army and I never got any little green guys helping me shovel out...
Sorry.. I was busy digging myself out.

Okay,

Where are all these "fancy fanatsy" places you all talk about?  Just tell em me what part of Toronto you are posting from, as we all know that if you leave the edges of Toronto you fall of the face of the City...

pfft, GTA challenged heathens.

dileas

tess

I live in Scarborough, the most beautiful and historic part of this gallant metropolis. I remember when the Army came, I thought it was awesome, being a kid at the time seeing them.

I grew up in Scarborough as well.

But still, I love this city. 

niner domestic said:
Sheerin, I'm from the Yukon.. we know snow...http://www.taiga.net/yourYukon/col409.html

Lived in Kingston during the Ice Storm, Halifax for Juan and White Juan and now live in Ottawa...I lived in TO when I was a kid for a few years and certainly remember the snow, but never having to use the Army...my dad just made us go out and shovel everyone's walkway and driveway.

99.999% of time here, we're okay.  It was just that one, once in 50/100 year storm that we needed the help.  This whole discussion reminds me of a converstion i had with a friend who moved to Ottawa from Toronto.  They moved in early September and when they got there, their neighbours advised that the first thing they should buy is a snowblower.  Of course they didn't thinking that the snow can't be that bad, afterall they survived in Toronto without one... needless to say after the first fall of the year they went out a got themselves a blower...

Sheerin said:
... Of course they didn't thinking that the snow can't be that bad, afterall they survived in Toronto without one... needless to say after the first fall of the year they went out a got themselves a blower...

You just proved "everybody's" point - you folks from Toronto think you know it all.  You don't - not by a long shot - and you won't admit it until somebody rubs your face in it - just like your friends and the snowblower.

Roy Harding said:
You just proved "everybody's" point - you folks from Toronto think you know it all.  You don't - not by a long shot - and you won't admit it until somebody rubs your face in it - just like your friends and the snowblower.

Roy Harding said:
You just proved "everybody's" point - you folks from Toronto think you know it all.

Roy, finally you are a poster with some sense!

Roy Harding said:
You don't - not by a long shot - and you won't admit it until somebody rubs your face in it - just like your friends and the snowblower.

Now with this this statemnt, you must be telling us Torontonians not to put our hands near the blades of the blower, otherwise some cheeky neighbour will rub our face in the snow, so that they can get their daily alotment of gold from the pavement.

Ahh the love of Tee Dot Oh.  God bless hogtown!

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Roy, finally you are a poster with some sense!

Now with this this statemnt, you must be telling us Torontonians not to put our hands near the blades of the blower, otherwise some cheeky neighbour will rub our face in the snow, so that they can get their daily alotment of gold from the pavement.

Ahh the love of Tee Dot Oh.  God bless hogtown!

dileas

tess

Absolutely, Tess. 

Some time, when you happen to be away from the center of the universe, I'd be more than happy to have a beer or two (or many) with you, and discuss this subject in "depth" - so to speak.

Roy my friend,

I would love to have a beer with you, however, as I stated if I edge away from Scarborough, Etobicoke, and North York I will fall off the face of Toronto.  And I will be in the void of wobly woo.

We were taught that as young'uns....

dileas

tess

I see a locked thread in the future......
CRYSTA~12.GIF

the 48th regulator said:
Roy my friend,

I would love to have a beer with you, however, as I stated if I edge away from Scarborough, Etobicoke, and North York I will fall off the face of Toronto.  And I will be in the void of wobly woo.

We were taught that as young'uns....

dileas

tess

Aach - I understand. 

And the reverse situation has its' own perils for one of my ilk - should I venture too close to the edge, I might get sucked into the swirling vortex - or so I was taught as a young'un in Alberta ...

Guess we'll have to make do with "virtual beer" - next round's on me, Tess.

Roy

PMedMoe said:
I see a locked thread in the future......
CRYSTA~12.GIF

You are, indeed, prescient.

Tell me, swami, will I meet a rich, soon to be buried woman who falls madly in love with me, or should I just carry on as if I knew what I was doing?

the 48th regulator said:
You will find one, in the next snowstorm of the century in toronto;

Flapper.jpg

giddy up!

dileas

tess

Now THAT's HOT.  Got her phone number??

She don't have a phone, but let's meet at Magilicutty's 5 and Dime, and I will bring you to her house in cabbagetown.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
She don't have a phone, but let's meet at Magilicutty's 5 and Dime, and I will bring you to her house in cabbagetown.

dileas

tess

Thought I told ya' - can't go there - too close to the vortex.

Just give her my email (which is NOT close to the vortex), I'll handle it from there!!

Roy

Back