• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sniper/Long Range Rifles

Furthermore the C7CT and AR10T have been adopted in limited numbers - when (once again DLR has to go out and mug some senior citizens coffee fund) the MRS trial gets funding those systems will be evaluated and in all likleyhood a 5.56mm DM gun and a 7.62mm DM gun will be adopted, whether or not they will be the CT or 10T remains to be seen as there are better options out there for both.

Not only that but it was a secound round head shot too.  First shot went through a bag the target was carrying I believe.

So what's happening with the MRSWS program?  Has a rifle or caliber been chosen, yet?  Heard the timberwolf in .338 was the head runner and favoured to win?

Kal said:
So what's happening with the MRSWS program?   Has a rifle or caliber been chosen, yet?   Heard the timberwolf in .338 was the head runner and favoured to win?

A bird in Ottawa tells me the trial is over and the winner is known  ;)

KevinB said:
A bird in Ottawa tells me the trial is over and the winner is known ;)

Did this bird happen to mention anything else, or is it strictly forbidden?  Besides, if 'nothing' else was said, an expert such as yourself must be able to 'speculate' and add your 'opinion' to which weapon and caliber would be most viable, right? ;)

calibre is .338 Lapua Magnum

Rifle is   :-X

:cdn:

;)

big bad john said:
The Accuracy International .338 Lapua Long Range Rifle is a very accurate single shot rifle which is effective to 1200 metres. The 0.338 round from this weapon is capable of penetrating light armour and is a very effective suppressive weapon system. Each Commando Unit has 12 LRLCRs

The .50 calibre Barrett is a single shot bolt action rifle. The large calibre round used with this weapon makes it particularly useful in the anti-material role. The Barrett's maximum effective range is up to 2000metres.

The L96A1 Sniper Rifle is a bolt action single shot weapon. It is accurate up to 1000metres and fires a 7.62mm round

I hope that gives you an idea.

i dont think the barrett is a bolt action.
it's more of a semi-auto

Depends on the Model number:

The 95M is bolt action.

Duke

KevinB said:
The McMillan Tac-50 is not technically the LRSWS - there is an upxomign LRSWS trial (when who knows - I guess when DLR goes out canvassing as a charity for $) - the 750gr AMAX round is a .50BMG round used for antipers usage in the Tac50.   It has not been type classified a C series weapon.

Well, if the MRSWS weapon is to be .338, what will the LRSWS weapon be?  What will happen with the McMillian then, strictly counter sniper and anti-material rifle?

Kal said:
Well, if the MRSWS weapon is to be .338, what will the LRSWS weapon be?   What will happen with the McMillian then, strictly counter sniper and anti-material rifle?

.50BMG
  - Long range Anti-Pers, HTI etc.

I am pretty sure the rifle submittred will be the Mac Tac, PGW's .50, FN Hecate, Barrett M107, EDM ARMS Windrunner (the original favourite of the guy who did up the IOR (Immediate Operational Requirement - pre 9/11... so much for IMMEDIATE eh...) and more - I was going to list the AI but until there receivership issues are worked out they are dead in the watter for contracts.

I thought the ones submitted for the trial were:

AI AWP
Sig Blaster LSR2
FN PGM mini-Hecate
PGWDTI Coyote
RPA BMF
Sako TRG 41
PGW Timberwolf

MRSWS yes

I was talking about the upcoming LRSWS trial - MRSWS is done dude - toime to make up new rumours about the next trial  ;D

Ahhh...So true....

Forgot about the LRSWS trial being commissioned....

8)

Ex-Dragoon said:
I think someone needs to do a bit more research before commenting.

Sorry if the information is incorrect, but I was quoting from the Barrett Web Page:  "The 95M is one of the most unique and innovative bolt-action rifles available to date...an unconventional design from an unconventional company. The 95M borrows the best of its features from its counterpart, the semi-automatic  M-107"

http://www.barrettrifles.com/military.htm

Duke

KevinB said:
.50BMG
- Long range Anti-Pers, HTI etc.

I am pretty sure the rifle submittred will be the Mac Tac, PGW's .50, FN Hecate, Barrett M107, EDM ARMS Windrunner (the original favourite of the guy who did up the IOR (Immediate Operational Requirement - pre 9/11... so much for IMMEDIATE eh...) and more - I was going to list the AI but until there receivership issues are worked out they are dead in the watter for contracts.

Still confused.  What will happen to the McMillian if another rifle is chosen, say the Barrett?  Also, why would another contract be put forth since the McMillian is already operational?

You were not Duke...your post was quoted to illustrate why nervous sheep needed to do more research as you proved him quite wrong. More of an example why someone should have stayed in his own lane so to say.

Back