• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sniper/Long Range Rifles

Kal,

The Mc does not do all of what some want.  It was adopted since it was in use in "another part" of the CF (I'll let you fill in the blank)

KevinB said:
Kal,

The Mc does not do all of what some want. It was adopted since it was in use in "another part" of the CF (I'll let you fill in the blank)

Ahhh, I got ya'.  You mean like the reserves right? ;D

So the Macmillans are going to be handed down to the militia?

Just like the Leopards?

from what i heard the death star is issued and it travells at 200000 fps and that it can smell you from across the ocean. Actually i just wanted to say we all dont have a need to know, and i hope the good guys have the right rifle to dump targets at what ever range be it a .22 or a .50 or what ever, its the man behind the rifle not the rifle.Without proper fieldcraft your a big bulls eye. 

well iam sorta an idiot ...............i except that  ;D just saying without proper fieldcraft its all moot point. 

PGW Defence Technologies (formerly Prairie Gun Works) is reporting on their website (http://www.pgwdti.com/) that they've been awarded the MRSWS contract, presumably for their .338 Timberwolf.

great for them i'd liketo handle myself a timberwolf

any of u knows how it costs and if its prohibited in canada? :cdn:

Cost is about $10k with all the bells and whistles(less suppressor) - all you need is a valid PAL - they are non restricted.

Yup I'm gonna need another tour to pay the bills on that one. :)

Beautiful rifle, almost makes punching holes in a paper plate at 1000m boring. At $6- $13 a round it is not the cheapest weapon to feed. Keep that in mind if you are planning on buying one.

what prompted the decision to adopt the new .338 Lapua magnum round? was it changing doctrine, like acknowledging the need to have more penetration through body armour? or was it better performance in general?

just curious.. thanks,
Pat

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here but I have found confirmation on the selection for a new rifle:

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-mrsws.htm

It is in fact the Prairie Gun Works Timberwolf in .338 Lapua

A bit late on that one there Suter_A, :) next time use the search function or hell read the entire topic before posting stuff that has already been discussed.

I did read the entire thread...I was providing a link to an official site declaring the decision made and confirming which rifle was chosen. I am aware that a link to another part of the same site was provided but sometimes finding the information on government sites is a pain.

Suter_A said:
I did read the entire thread...I was providing a link to an official site declaring the decision made and confirming which rifle was chosen. I am aware that a link to another part of the same site was provided but sometimes finding the information on government sites is a pain.

For you it looks like even finding the dnd site is challenging, the link you posted is to a Simon Fraser University site, hence the www.sfu.ca domain name. The Canadian American Strategic Review (CASR) department and its DND 101 overview has no direct ties with DND that I am aware of.

cheers.

Back