• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Showers - Nudity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greymatters said:
Nicely worded follow-up, and also a good point to make that not all discomfort can be solved with acclimation - there will always be individuals with personal issues related to this subject that arent so easily solved.

Members should also consider that working with persons from other countries and cultures can also have its consequences when those same foreign military members have issues with our lack of concern over nudity.  This can result in many humourous situations, but can also lead to personal conflict.  In one case I recall, the foreign member was a Muslim and was offended by one of our members walking around with only a towel, which almost got our member stabbed.  Others may have similiar stories...

Or you can swing that needle 180 degrees and work with the Norwegians and their co-ed system of spa and shower 8)

recceguy said:
Or you can swing that needle 180 degrees and work with the Norwegians and their co-ed system of spa and shower 8)

Sigh......

What can one say!  You are born naked.  You will always be naked; under your clothes.  This topic has been covered before and only went in one direction..............downhill....................and had to be locked. 

Do we have to do this again?

Funny story...  :warstory:

We had a guy in Battle school that was uncomfortable in the showers and always showered late at night after lights out.  After a field ex where were exceptionally dirty and stinky he had no choice but shower with the rest of us.  He had absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!  It turns out the reason he was uncomfortable was because his tackle damned near reached his knees!  As we later found out it was so big it made normal things difficult to do, like rappelling (imagine Swiss seat) swimming etc.  Poor guy.  ;)

If you require a cure for your shyness in the shower. Try have to shower with members of the Jamaican Defence Force. :warstory:

While on Jungle Warfare Training, members of the JDF where in on the training. So showering together was the norm. As a side note, we had no hot water so we were forced to use very cold water(shrinkage). :'(

I am sure to this day, Jamaican's still wonder how Canadian soldier's ever had children. ::)

Loachman said:
So have you been inundated with X-rated photo-laden PMs from every perv on the site yet?

NO  :crybaby: !

No a single one yet !

Can you believe it  ???

;)

I'm surprised.

Maybe if you offered to reciprocate.

Loachman said:
Maybe if you offered to reciprocate.

Hum,

since you didn't say it had to be personal pics,
and I'm on a friend (male) computer (so there IS
female pics on the hard drive  :D ) , that would be OK...

;D

(I hope not to much children are reading this  :-[ 0

Showers and nudity in the army.  I do hope this doesn't get locked and will try to add my bit with out offending.
When I first joined the reserves I had some issues with being self conscious being naked, but getting clean quickly won out over that.  Other people being naked around me didn't really bother me since I was into swimming at a young age. Going through this topic though brought back memories of high and low lights of my career. A brief synopses.
-Reserves never having enough time or hot water to shower.  You went in usually being yelled at were quick and got out. It was not Coed and not a problem. In the Field especially during long Ex's we had a penchant for using local rivers in Gagetown to wash up. ( before the environment became a major concern) One time that stands out was a group wash up after a portion of the Ex. It was single digits above Zero in the air but the water was still warm from the Sun.  So in we get like a group of shivering snow monkeys into the river to clean up and just enjoy getting out of the mucked up clothes. Someone actually brought up that we looked like snow monkeys in a hot spring with the steam coming off the water.
-Reg Force Cornwallis, communal showers, Coed Pl but differant floors. The mandatory demonstration of how to properly wash shave and shower was too funny with one of the troops in a bathing suit as the demonstrator, The NCO did a good job at keeping it straight faced, but of course most of our minds were visualizing the females getting the same lesson.  Boys being boys we had our incidents of grab A@@ and I killed myself laughing at something I never heard of called a Pi@@ Bubble ( with out getting too graphic think about a part of your anatomy if your not cut being turned into a balloon and then released) Funny if your on the outside of the shower not in it.
-Reg Force Meaford again a version of snow monkeys to clean up but on a tactical level with sentries out.
-Somalia open air showers that allowed all regardless of sex to view from certain angles to the Mod tent set up.  CS8 had 4 walls but then I was in there once and had some Europeans visit and they were the coed shower type.  ( yeah know regardless of talk that happens most guys are face only contact and really quiet.  ) Solmalia again and for various reasons we went from portapotties to half barrels in the bottom of them. Mogadishu had wooden constructs and no dividers that were also coed.  Being in the middle of something having a Medic ( female ) come in and sit beside you I did what i thought was appropriate and asked her if she wanted a magazine.  She said sure and with out looking handed her a hustler.  She laughed as I blushed and said no problem she liked the cartoons.
-Reg Force early career, women are just getting into all arms and one road move to the sates we were staying at a National Guard barracks.  Guys are walking around in hand towels to the shower ( no larger ones available ) there were a couple of women there. One did all her thing buried in her sleeping back to change and all that. The other one had biking shorts and sports bra and compared to what the guys wore figured no problem wearing that as she walked to the shower room ( the CSM was old school and went on a rant, so she pointed out to the hand towels boys and it came down all to be dressed to get to shower and back.
-recently women are more the norm in all branches and to the point many bathrooms will have a male female sign on it. flip for your own gender. Mobile field showers are more common and more hot water. I learned early on to always do a tour or long ex with a bath robe. I hate having to get into sweats when dirty or hand carry clean clothes.  Bathrobe on I walk to the showers regardless of weather and can get changed again in my bunk space.

So to sum up you get over your inhibitions or should soon after joining.  The army is evolving still to this day as to what is permissible and in the end. The chance to get clean especially when your tired as well as dirty overrides most peoples normal sensability.

OK, nothing really wrong here. It's just going around in circles again is all. What needs to be said, has been and this will only degenerate if left open.

Yeah, yeah, I know:

50.gif

Milnet.ca Fun Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back