• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Showers - Nudity

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to highjack this thread, but:
Is the privacy/showers thing different for officers?
Just curious
JJ

SHOWER STORY

So there I was... in basic training....

40 of us in the showers... VERY apprehensive cause we've all heard
crapy rumours and most have never been naked infront of men....

In the middle of my shower.. I dropped my soap.. and it didn't just drop.
It flew... across the floor from one end of the showers to the other and EVERYONE
stopped dead. 

You could smeall the fear.

After a few seconds, everyone still paused.. I said..'
"thats ok.. I was done using it anyways.. I don't need it"

And we all continued on... scared and apprehensive......

Ah... the first few showers...  scarrier than combat for some.

argylls_recruiting said:
Unless, of course, you are female. In that case, you get palatial bathrooms with individual shower stalls that are little used and the water is always warm -- at least, that's the way it was in Gagetown. And, this is not meant to be a knock against women -- it's just how things are set up.
haha ya right we had 8 girls 2 shower heads in a space of about 2 meters by a meter wasn't so fun 

Hansol said:
No dividers in the toilets? Those boys are worse than the bloody 10th century vikings. Good conversationalist indeed.

That's right, in Parris Island, there are no dividers in the toilets at weapons training battalion.  The comodes are spaced very close to eachother and all we do is pass the toilet paper around while having a dump.  It builds character.

The entire concept surrounding the whole nudity among others bit, is based on desensitization.  If you are not inhibited to be naked around other people, then you will be less inhibited doing other activities such as squeezing the trigger to kill the enemy.  It's all part of breaking you down and building you back up.  Some people call it brain washing, we call it training.  Good luck.

PJ D-Dog

this brought a funny story to mind that my dad told me...

Im really not sure where abouts this took place in his Military career, but it was funny.

So not only is this an open latrine, but its one of those ones where its just 1 long bench with holes cut every few feet. under each is a bucket.

So there he is, doing his thing. he had been waiting for the place to clear out as he likes to do his business alone. Suddenly, he hears a voice go "hey buddy!". he pauses, looks around and sees nobody. "Hey buddy!" again, he looks through his legs only to see a guy below. "Hold off a second, Im gonna change the bucket".  ;D

So much for privacy

Makes you wonder, what did the poor guy do wrong to get bucket duty.......suddenly so many other extra duties don't look that bad anymore.

Armageddon said:
Makes you wonder, what did the poor guy do wrong to get bucket duty.......suddenly so many other extra duties don't look that bad anymore.

Wait until its your turn to empty the shitter in the aurora during an away trip.......

Get use to being naked with a whole whack of other people and getting only a 10 second shower and barely washing the soap outta your eyes before you're running down the hall hangin' onto your towel 'cause the Masterjack is screaming at you and your course-buddies 'cause you're all freakin late for inspection and extra duties are just around the corner!

Unless, of course, you are female. In that case, you get palatial bathrooms with individual shower stalls that are little used and the water is always warm -- at least, that's the way it was in Gagetown. And, this is not meant to be a knock against women -- it's just how things are set up.

So so so True ;D

Well then, I'm guessing a sex change will be in order then. Actually being part of a hockey team showering with other man is nothing new to me. Neither are the good ol' wet towel fights!!  ;D

:cdn:

Hmm.  Showering with a group is for pansies.  Try giving birth with an audience.

Try passing a kidney stone the size of a marble using a shopvac!  :crybaby:. Not pretty nor pleasurable!
ZING ZING!!!

good to know a bout the flip flops for the shower.

Canex wouldn't have this would it?

alexpb said:
good to know a bout the flip flops for the shower.

Canex wouldn't have this would it?

Why wait?....get some now....Canex could be sold out or only have children's sizes.

PJ D-Dog said:
That's right, in Parris Island, there are no dividers in the toilets at weapons training battalion.   The comodes are spaced very close to eachother and all we do is pass the toilet paper around while having a dump.   It builds character.

The entire concept surrounding the whole nudity among others bit, is based on desensitization.   If you are not inhibited to be naked around other people, then you will be less inhibited doing other activities such as squeezing the trigger to kill the enemy.   It's all part of breaking you down and building you back up.   Some people call it brain washing, we call it training.   Good luck.

PJ D-Dog

I remember the time in Ft.Lewis just off Ex., walked in dropped me draws and had a good porcelain and all the sprogs in the shower line walked out in dsigust and some of the buys taking pictures.We got a hot shower. ;D

During my QL2 we had a section of "keeners" that had a 2nd set of all their toiletries so that things would look good for inspection.

One morning this turned out to be real bad for them, the Sgt inspecting them started screaming at them (you could get away with that still then) he figured they were a bunch of dirty pigs who never showered.  He ended up having them switch to towels, grab their soap etc. and march off down the hall to do a shower parade.  YES, shower parade, they scrubbed by numbers (1. lather soap, 2, 3 scrub body, 1. rinse.) the entire shack could hear them....

The hardest part was not laughing as we stood at attention for our inspection.

um, do they supply you with alcohol wipes for your hands and if not, do they teach you about  the very serious problems with e-coli?

I was thinking of  in the field where there is no water and it is  far away from medical care.

You'll find few "germaphobes" in the military, though you will also often find waterless hand sanitizer either issued or purchased.

That being said, not really sure what you mean by "the very serious problem with e-coli"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back