• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shooting rampage at Fort Hood

ObedientiaZelum said:
I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of dollars is being spent on keeping these people on death row alive for over 20 years.

What's your point?

Putting them on death row instead of life in prison is a toothless gesture.

The money spent housing feeding guarding these guys not to forget education entertainment and court costs would be better spent in a thousand other ways.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Putting them on death row instead of life in prison is a toothless gesture.

The money spent housing feeding guarding these guys not to forget education entertainment and court costs would be better spent in a thousand other ways.

And there the two sides of the death penalty debate agree to disagree - to keep this on track

Some more cheerful news that I think we can all agree on it seems he is now being forcibly shaved.

And I bet he squealed like a stuck pig.  Would make a great youtube video.  >:D

Too soon?
After being convicted and sent to death row for the murder of 13 soldiers, the death sentence of former Army Maj. Nidal Hasan has been delayed indefinitely due to problems with checking out of supply, sources confirmed today.

Before he can be moved to Fort Leavenworth’s Death Row, Hasan still needs to turn in all of his gear to the Central Issue Facility (CIF), an arduous process that some believe could take years.

“This really is not something that we had planned for,” said Lt. Col. Neil Hayes, who prosecuted the Hasan case. “We knew the mandatory appeals process would delay his sentence being carried out, but the supply system threatens to derail the process entirely.”

According to sources at CIF, Hasan needs to return all his issued gear — his poncho liner, pack, helmet, and his sleeping bag for example — in pristine condition, with no dirt, dust, scratches, or bullet holes.

“That last one may be a problem. During his attack, he was shot while wearing his issued flak jacket,” said Hayes. “And CIF just won’t budge on this.”

“He also gave away his poncho liner to a local mosque as a prayer rug,” he added ....
Don't forget the reflective safety belt ....

Retarded.  I bet the families of the slain soldiers are impressed that supply won't take his stuff back. Just burn the shit.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Retarded.  I bet the families of the slain soldiers are impressed that supply won't take his stuff back. Just burn the shit.

I agree.  What does supply do for someone who's been killed?  Delay their burial?

I take it that the US Detention barracks are completely different from ours where our detainees have to keep their kit in immaculate condition, and purchase any kit deficiencies out of their pocket/pay. 

Just curious as to how their Supply System accepts the kit of soldiers KIA?  A flak jacket worn by a soldier KIA by an IED sure will not be in pristine condition.

This is a devious scheme to prolong his not being a martyr and getting to his concept of heaven.......Don't you think? 

I hate to ruin the entertainment of others, but the article is from duffleblog...

Scott said:
I hate to ruin the entertainment of others, but the article is from duffleblog...

Damnit!  I didn't even look at the link....  :facepalm:

Scott said:

lol
That's what I get for posting so early in the morning ;D

The problem with TDB is that there's enough truth in their articles that you really have to think about it sometimes. It really throws civilians off. My mom's raged about articles from TDB.

See also, "Army S-1 Admin Paperwork Mishandled: Hassan receives sex change, Manning receives death penalty."

George Wallace said:
I take it that the US Detention barracks are completely different from ours where our detainees have to keep their kit in immaculate condition, and purchase any kit deficiencies out of their pocket/pay. 

Just curious as to how their Supply System accepts the kit of soldiers KIA?  A flak jacket worn by a soldier KIA by an IED sure will not be in pristine condition.

This is a devious scheme to prolong his not being a martyr and getting to his concept of heaven.......Don't you think?

Army Supply is generally run by contractors, whose sole purpose is to make clearing CIF hard, or so I like to think, but KIAs follow a different process.

Back