• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shooting rampage at Fort Hood

recceguy said:
Let him sit in his wheelchair, rotting in his cell, until he dies of old age.

Sometimes death is too good for people.

:goodpost:

I agree. A death sentence will give the Islamist lunatic fringe a martyr ~ life in prison, real life in prison with no possibility of parole, ever, for any reason, teaches them a lesson.

Throw him so far underground they have to pump in sunlight, and feed him with a slingshot

Kat Stevens said:
Throw him so far underground they have to pump in sunlight, and feed him with a slingshot

So far back you have to feed him with a 106 mm Recoiless Rifle......

George Wallace said:
"No Virgins for you!"

Let him have his virgins.

So long as they are all male, mid-thirty, X-Box fanatics who lack social skills and live in their parents' basements.

Loachman said:
So long as they are all male, mid-thirty, X-Box fanatics who lack social skills and live in their parents' basements.
Oh man, you're going to decimate the Recruiting threads.  :-\

Loachman said:
Let him have his virgins.

Heck no! Give him young, nubile female ones!

He took a bullet to the spine and is paralyzed from the waist down ;)

recceguy said:
Heck no! Give him young, nubile female ones!

He took a bullet to the spine and is paralyzed from the waist down ;)

Allah can fix shit like that, he knows a guy.

Nidal Malik Hasan was sentenced to death Wednesday for killing 13 people and wounding 32 others in a 2009 shooting spree at Fort Hood, Tex., the worst mass murder at a military installation in U.S. history.

Dressed in Army fatigues, Hasan, who turns 43 next month, listened impassively as the death penalty was handed down by a panel of 13 senior military officers in a unanimous decision. If even a single panel member had objected, Hasan would instead have been sentenced to life in prison.

A military jury has convicted Maj. Nidal Hasan in the deadly 2009 shooting rampage that killed 13 people and wounded dozens more. The verdict makes the Army psychiatrist eligible for the death penalty.

The jury deliberated for a little more than two hours ....
Washington Post, 28 Aug 13

For more on how it's done, "U.S. Army Corrections System:  Procedures for Military Executions"  (16 page PDF)

My guess, based on this report, is that Nidal Hasan's death sentence will be overturned on the very first appeal, because of ineffective legal representation, and will never be reinstated.

Well he did have a friggin idiot for a lawyer.  I'd still like to see him hang and be cremated.

He wants to be a martyr....he won't appeal...

GAP said:

It's not his choice; the appeals process is automatic is capital cases and his sentence will be tossed ~ he'll rot in prison until he dies, which is appropriate.

GAP said:

I think E.R. is referring to the Globe and Mail story "... the process will likely take an additional 10 or 15 years. An automatic appeals process will inch Hasan’s case through military and federal appellate courts, ..."

ME

The only way the sentence is reversed,is if the President issues a pardon.It is undisputed that Hasan was the shooter and acted alone.Its an appropriate sentence for the crime.I was surprised that the court went with the death penalty,rather than life without parole.

tomahawk6 said:
The only way the sentence is reversed,is if the President issues a pardon.It is undisputed that Hasan was the shooter and acted alone.Its an appropriate sentence for the crime.I was surprised that the court went with the death penalty,rather than life without parole.

I think they will pretty well amount to the same thing.

He's going to rot til he dies, while the appeal wends it's way through offices for the next 20-30 years.

In the meantime, lock the brakes on his wheel chair and put him in front of the big screen tv.

Make sure it's on the Evangelical channel and then hide the remote.

tomahawk6 said:

Nope, not according to the experts.  See, e.g. this article in the South China Morning Post, which says, "Appellate review is mandatory for courts-martial involving the death penalty, regardless of the defendant’s wishes, according to Eugene Fidell, a professor at Yale University who studies military justice ... [then] ... If the sentence is upheld by the Court of Criminal Appeals, the next review takes place at the US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, the military’s highest court, which has five civilian judges ... [and] ... The final step in the military appeals process for capital cases is presidential approval." And, at any time Hasan or his supporters can file appeals under habeas corpus in a federal district court.

By the time it gets to the POTUS, an election will have been held.

I also hope that this "work place violence incident" is called what it actually was and the KIA/WIA and their families get the benefits they should have got at the get go.

recceguy said:
Make sure it's on the Evangelical channel and then hide the remote.

I was thinking more along the lines of a farming type network that the majority of programming dealt with pigs. The oink oink kind, not the ones in the bars.

For a break - the Military Channel program the deals specifically with women in combat.

Back