• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shit Civilians Say to Veterans

I'm surprised there wasn't anything about,
"Hey, my brothers friends cousins sister knows _input random name_, they are in the Army too...do you know them?" That one gets my husband all the time, lol.

"did you learn any Arabic? Durka, durka, durka" hahaha

Outside a Timmies in Ontario, about 2 years ago.....

Local: "Hey, soldier!  Kill anybody today?"
Me: "Nope"
Local: "Bet you couldn't kill me, old man!"
Me: "Today ain't over yet."

Her: 'How many jumps have you made?'

Me: '200.... but that will be 201 by tomorrow morning if you get lucky'

Delaney1986 said:
I'm surprised there wasn't anything about,
"Hey, my brothers friends cousins sister knows _input random name_, they are in the Army too...do you know them?" That one gets my husband all the time, lol.

With the size of the Army I'd say 50% of the time I do know who they are asking about. The part I like is when I ask them what they do and they have no idea and say ummm army/navy/airforce ummm stuff

Colin P said:
"Before we go any further, can I catch PTSD?"  ;D

Yep....Part Time Social Diseases....... ;D

What about all the people who think air force = fighter pilot

Whenever I tell people I'm thinking of joining the air force or the army, some of the comments about the air force one include

"Wow, when I'm in university you will be flying a fighter jet"
"What do you want to fly?"
"But you have glasses, don't you needed perfect vision for the air force?"

I also get the usual "But you'll get PTSD and run around killing stuff when you get back!!!!"

Tank Troll said:
With the size of the Army I'd say 50% of the time I do know who they are asking about. The part I like is when I ask them what they do and they have no idea and say ummm army/navy/airforce ummm stuff

It's true. A lot of the time my husband will recognize the name but you're right about no one ever seeming to know what they do, being in the Army is enough I guess. I seem to get those types of questions lately too, apparently being married to someone in the Army means I know everyone in the Army too,  :)
It's amusing though.

Back