• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shilo clothing stores hours?

Bandittheone

Inactive
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me cfb shilo's clothing store's operating hours? And if anyone has a phone number/ext. I would appreciate if it was posted.

Thanks and CHIMO :cdn:

I'm not sure about Shilo. If there's no response by tomorrow from someone in the know, I'll look it up in the morning when I go into work to unlock and post it for you.

Vern

0930-1600 Mon to Fri.  But they are closed Wednesday afternoons for stock taking.

Phone number:  (204) 765-3000 Ext: 3226

See? The SME has arrived!! Thanks MCPL!!

Wednesday afternoons closed??? I'm open every morning/afternoon from 0830-1500. That's 27.5 hours per week to their 22.5 hours!! And I have 5400 supported customers....Man...I'm going to have to unionize!!  >:D

Also there are days were the afternoons are appointment only not sure when those are though.

armyvern said:
See? The SME has arrived!! Thanks MCPL!!

Wednesday afternoons closed??? I'm open every morning/afternoon from 0830-1500. That's 27.5 hours per week to their 22.5 hours!! And I have 5400 supported customers....Man...I'm going to have to unionize!!  >:D

Here they are open Tue and Thu.

Mon, Wed, and Fri closed to do ??? Stock taking I suppose?

Cheers

Shadowhawk said:
Here they are open Tue and Thu.

Mon, Wed, and Fri closed to do ??? Stock taking I suppose?

Cheers

Holy guacamole. That's it...I'm putting in for a posting to Cold Lake. That's very scary.  :mad:

CFL said:
Also there are days were the afternoons are appointment only not sure when those are though.
I set up appointments too. All day during our regular hours of operation for things like releases...initial issues...direct entries. Each appt is 1 hour long. But, I still have staff to serve all the other customers who walk-in.

Not to mention the blocks of courses we run through here constantly on top of all that.

Next time one of my customers complains about lack of support/or whines about our hours....I am referring them to this thread!! Oy yoy yoy.

When I first got here ... last Jan ... (my first posting in the regs and my first experience with supply as a reg) I didn't have a winter coat or parka. I dropped into supply to pickup the kit. (much needed kit in cold lake). I was told I would have to make an appointment to get this issued. I explained that I had an appointment to receive the rest of the kit but I needed my winter coat, boots, gloves etc today. Again I was told that I would have to wait until my appointment next week to get the kit.

I asked what I was supposed to do in the mean time since I was to start work tomorrow. To make a long story short... the clerk (military) told me that she was not supposed to do this but.... and issued my winter jacket, boots, parka, etc. I thanked her for not allowing me to freeze my ... well ... you know... off.

I walked away a bit confussed as to why a sup tech couldn't issue this kit without getting into trouble. I have to say that this was the only time I have ever had any "bad" dealings with a Supply Tech. I have been in to see the same tech again for the rest of my kit and she was great. Never had a problem since.

???

Just some old ramblings ... or is that ramblings from the old???

Cheers

Shadowhawk said:
... I didn't have a winter coat or parka. I dropped into supply to pickup the kit. (much needed kit in cold lake). I was told I would have to make an appointment to get this issued. I explained that I had an appointment to receive the rest of the kit but I needed my winter coat, boots, gloves etc today. Again I was told that I would have to wait until my appointment next week to get the kit.
Shadow - It's been many years, but I worked Cloth Stores in Cold Lake as a young Sgt.  Just curious. Did you arrive in Cold Lake without any Military kit i.e winter clothing ?
If you are talking "environmental clothing", it is normal practice (always has been and I'm sure it still is) to arrange appointments and your supervisors should be fully aware of this.

Shadowhawk said:
Again I was told that I would have to wait until my appointment next week to get the kit...
the clerk (military) told me that she was not supposed to do this but.... and issued my winter jacket, boots, parka, etc.
Cheers
To  immediately issue you the winter kit that you require in the winter is common sense. Let me assure you that there is no rule that says you can only have this issued during your initial issue appointment, but there may be a local policy in effect. Appointments are a common courtesy however. Jackets, boots etc are a necessity and should be issued immediately (especially winter jackets and boots in the winter).

Appointments are not mandatory by the books, but are a common courtesy for initial issues, deployments, releases, field scale issues, enviornmental clothing etc. For the kind of kittings that are time-consuming, this ensures that someone is available to kit you out and that you don't have to wait in line behind 30 customers and then hold up 30 more customers while Supply issues you many items.

While appointments for initial issues/releases etc are common practice for the above reasons, common sense must and should prevail. In your case, you had to point out the common sense of your request to the Sup Tech who served you. The Sup Tech should have showed the initiative to use their own common sense. Of course, the issue can only happen if there is stock to issue....critical shortages of gortex are another problem in itself.

Our schedule here is a very busy one, with a standard wait of 3 weeks to get into clothing for a release/deployment top-up/initial issue appt. BUT, if there is kit which is required immediately, like winter jackets in the winter, it is issued immediately and non-essential items are issued during the appt.

If I get a guy coming in off his QL3 etc who is going to the field 'in 2 days/next week etc '....guess what? The standard requirement for the appt is out the window and he is getting his field kit issued now...even if it means my staff works after hours to get it done and even if it means other customers might have to wait in line that little bit longer for service.

For example, in December I had 4 pers come in to Clothing (new to the Base) who are in Pat Pl here until their SQ course starts in mid-Jan asking for mukluks/gortex parkas/winter gloves etc. I didn't tell them...too bad the SQ Course is booked to come into clothing stores en masse on 15 Jan for their issues. I gave them their winter boots, coats and gloves. They were happy with that (and hey...they're warm too!!) and they'll be getting issued the rest of their stuff with their course mates during their bulk appt.

My suggestion to anyone who comes across this problem of being told "they are not allowed to issue outside of your appointment" ask to see those directives in writing if they believe that common sense dictates an immediate requirement for the item. Ask for the supervisor, and if you are still not satisfied with the outcome address it through your CoC.

Mind you, don't take this to mean that it is acceptable to walk into clothing stores and ask everything to stop so that you can receive your "basic field initial issue" without making an appt or giving prior notice to Clothing Stores. This particular issue takes approx 1.5 hours to do (including sizing, issues, paperwork and signatures from the customer). Common sense on the customer's part must come into play as well.

We run with a standard of "10" here. If you show up at Clothing Stores and need to be issued/exchange/return more than 10 items at once, we ask why you didn't bother to make an appt. If it's because of circumstances you couldn't control (ie deployment/last minute tasking etc) we'll serve you. If it's because you just wanted to wait so you only had to come to clothing once this year (we see that alot!!) we request you make an appt both for your own convenience and that of the other customers you are holding up.

Essentially, it all comes down to common sense, if you are entitled to it and you require it now and I have stock...there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be issued it now. And if you are told different by the Sup Tech at the counter...request the Supervisor immediately.

Edited to add: Reading Scott's (Hi Scott-Welcome aboard!!) post below, it would seem that Cold Lake may have a local policy in effect regarding appts. We had something like this in Pet as well....and as soon as our Supervisor's knew we were posted into the Unit, they booked our basic field (enviornmental clothing issue) on our behalfs so that we were issued the kit very shortly after our arrival on Base. Most of our 1st Line Units here will do the same for newly posted-in pers, but for the Schools, it is simply much easier to block book the course into Clothing Stores rather than make 30 seperate appointments for 30 individuals.

Scott57 said:
Shadow - It's been many years, but I worked Cloth Stores in Cold Lake as a young Sgt.  Just curious. Did you arrive in Cold Lake without any Military kit i.e winter clothing ?
If you are talking "environmental clothing", it is normal practice (always has been and I'm sure it still is) to arrange appointments and your supervisors should be fully aware of this.

Hi Scott57,

I arrived in Cold Lake right from St. Jean. The only items I had were 3 pairs of "combats" my DEU's and the Blue gortex jacket. (Can't wear that with CADPAT).

I did call and make an appointment to get "kitted out" and at the time the appointment was made, I explained the situation to the Mcpl who had answered the phone and he said no problem... drop in tomorrow at 1300 to get your jackets boots toque, and gloves. Seemed reasonable to me. And you know the rest of the story.

armyvern said:
To  immediately issue you the winter kit that you require in the winter is common sense. Let me assure you that there is no rule that says you can only have this issued during your initial issue appointment, but there may be a local policy in effect. Appointments are a common courtesy however. Jackets, boots etc are a necessity and should be issued immediately (especially winter jackets and boots in the winter).

Exactly what I thought... :)

I realize that you folks are busy and that I am not the only one who needs kit right now... and I agree that appointments are a common courtesy (something that is often lacking in todays society) {rambling again  ;D }

Like I said ... I was a bit miffed by the sup tech comments but in the end ... I received what I needed and was on my way with a "thank-you and have a nice day" - the tech I think just wanted me out of there before she got "caught" 8)

I chalked it up to perhaps the tech was new there (Pte) ... maybe didn't know all the rules or was perhaps just having a bad day. Like I said... when I returned for the scheduled appointment ... she was the one who served me and I had good service. No complaints since either (have been there 3 or four times now)

Thanks to the both of you for your input.... just to be sure ... I'm not complaining really ... just though I would share my story. (old folks like to talk and tell stories ... ;D

Cheers

Hi Vern. I just left Pet this past summer and you're right about the policy there. Although over twenty years ago, same policy existed in Cold Lake and I believe it still exists at most Cloth outlets. Supervisor's would make appointments for environmental kit as soon as they received a msg on that newly posted in member. From reading a number of your posts, I beleive you would agree - common sense dictates.

Shadow - glad everything worked out.

Back