• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sharp Weekend

We get the same stuff in the Coast Guard. The Instructor advised us as supervisors, that we needed to say â Å“Can I touch youâ ? before giving someone a pat on the back for good work. My female assistant was horrified and said to the instructor â Å“Are you crazy! Hearing that statement is far creepier than being patted on the backâ ? All of our female assistants criticized the program and thought it was totally bogus.

After doing a employee survey, DFO was given scathing review about management harassment, so it's off to another harassment course (3 in one year for everybody!). I enjoyed relating to our Instructor of Indo-Canadian descent how racist, I thought the over 30 (years) Indo-Canadian community was (my wife is Indo-Malay and they don't like seeing us together). Apparently my view of racism doesn't fit the official view that it can only come from white Anglo-Saxons! But then of course I also believe that someone that speaks Cantonese and English is bilingual, but not the government.

So lets see if I‘ve got this straight: They teach you how to be sensitive, and once that‘s done you learn how to tear a second a--hole into someone with a bayonet. I might be wrong, but I sense a contradiction in there somewhere.

Originally posted by linear Rosa:
[qb] So lets see if I‘ve got this straight: They teach you how to be sensitive, and once that‘s done you learn how to tear a second a--hole into someone with a bayonet. I might be wrong, but I sense a contradiction in there somewhere. [/qb]
I should have thought it intuitive that one sticks a bayonet into enemy soldiers while sensitivity training relates to how you treat friendly soldiers.

Which part don‘t you understand?

Intuitive to stick a bayonet into someone... Hmmm...sure, sport. Who was your ethics professor, Caligula? I love your self-aggrandized reply to an innocuous comment. Go push your papers.

Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee

[qb] Intuitive to stick a bayonet into someone... Hmmm...sure, sport. Who was your ethics professor, Caligula? I love your self-aggrandized reply to an innocuous comment. Go push your papers. [/qb]

[qb] Intuitive to stick a bayonet into someone... Hmmm...sure, sport. Who was your ethics professor, Caligula? I love your self-aggrandized reply to an innocuous comment. Go push your papers. [/qb]
Well, Mister Civilian, training is aimed at inculcating intuitive behaviour, so, yes, that would include killing people. Sorry if that bothers you. For what it is worth, bayonets have never been a major contributor to battlefield fatalities, even going back to the US Civil War, studies show less than 1 percent of casualties - fatal and non-fatal - can be attributed to bayonet wounds. This applies equally to Canadian soldiers involved in full intensity conflict - war - in South Africa, World War I, World War II, and Korea. By the time it comes to cold steel, most mortal human beings would prefer to surrender than go hand to hand.

As for my self-aggrandizing comment, I equally liked your uninformed and, in retrospect, kind of stupid comment which you are now trying to backtrack from. Pretend you were joking all you want, I suspect you still haven‘t demonstrated that you know the difference between how you treat your enemies and how you treat your own troops. I reckon a year or two with the RCR, PPCLI or R22eR ought to do you a bit of good. Push papers? That‘s what they pay me to do, sweetheart, and I‘m quite good at it. As for you - Go sign up. Then run off at the mouth about what should be and shouldn‘t be on our syllabus.

Man i hate people who cut down people for their trade.
Go push your papers.
This mentality is usually found in soldiers who screw up "YOUR NAME HERE" on forms

Oh yeah that‘s a smart move. Tick off the guy who deals with your pay. Welcome to the military there rosa darling.

Not that Michael would screw with this wannabes pay if he had the opportunity of course.

I, on the other hand, have great respect for the clerks, having recently struggled my way through my first income tax form, while barely keeping my hair in one peace.

...Bless you oh wonderful distributers of pay, who have helped to make me a happier person, because of the bountiful return I will be receiving as a result of the Queen‘s Service...amen :salute:

Related to the topic, I find that although over-obvious at some times, SHARP has its uses, with regards to how the Canadian Public views us. We are supposed to represent Canada, so it helps our image to just by haveing sensitivity training, given what has happened in the past, like Oka and Somalia.

Uhh not sure what the canadian military did that was so "wrong" at oka. I think the program is good for members serving in the military. But when it comes to basic training their is a certain level of getting blasts of ****, that should be expected. I mean were not in the business of training babies. Holding up a red card because your "stressed" isn‘t gonna do much good for you when someone has a AK-47 pointed at you. Getting yelled at by your superiors because you messed up isn‘t harassment. It‘s getting yelled at by your superiors because you messed up that‘s all. It‘s the army, everyone has gotten yelled at before. I like the sharp program it‘s a good start. But using it as a shield to protect you on courses is bullshit. IF you can‘t take it then get out and save yourself alot of trouble and hopefully you won‘t get someone killed. A medium is needed people do take it too far.

Most of you sound as if you would fit in quite nicely at a gay pride parade. This would probably explain your interest in the military. All of those husky men! I bet you guys can‘t wait to head for the showers at the end of a long day of "training", eh?

Hahahahah, Michael, I‘ve just had a look at your picture. All dressed up like a soldier boy. Wow, I honestly didn‘t know that grown men played dress-up anymore. What else do you dress-up on besides the army clothes? Your mothers? Probably. I wouldn‘t be surprised of you lead a double life. A soldier during the day, and drag-queen at night. Do you and your mother have dress-up sessions at her house? I bet you do, naughty boy. Go push your papers.

"Most of you sound as if you would fit in quite nicely at a gay pride parade. This would probably explain your interest in the military. All of those husky men! I bet you guys can‘t wait to head for the showers at the end of a long day of "training", eh?"

Hey I resemble that remark!
I think you need SHARP training,you hurt my widdle little heart.WAH!! :crybaby:

I bet this guy buys army clothes at army surplus stores and runs around the woods playing soldier. Its sad when a wanna be like this can‘t even hack the canadian army.

Go get me a coffee boy.

Back