• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes Armoured Recce DP1

IDF-96

Reaction score
Hello All.

I just wanted to confirm something that I've heard.
Reserves armoured recce DP1 is taught full-time only and it's 6-8 weeks long and it can't be done part-time on weekends, is it correct?

Cheers.

I believe all trade courses for the Reserves are being given during summer-time, and yes it's full time.

Thanks for your reply! Any ideas about the length of it?
I did the Regular DP1 back in 2005 and I believe it was roughly 7 or 8 weeks in Gagetown. But that was on the Coyote and Leo 1. You guys will most probably get trained on Recon with the TAPV.

I did the Regular DP1 back in 2005 and I believe it was roughly 7 or 8 weeks in Gagetown. But that was on the Coyote and Leo 1. You guys will most probably get trained on Recon with the TAPV.
What is Recon?

Reserve DP1 can be done at the unit over weeknights and weekends. Engage your chain of command and Regimental Ops, instead of the internet.

What is Recon?

Reserve DP1 can be done at the unit over weeknights and weekends. Engage your chain of command and Regimental Ops, instead of the internet.
I asked the recruiter, he hasn't replayed yet. We're still waiting for our BMQ and not enrolled yet. It's important to know what's coming our way.

I asked the recruiter, he hasn't replayed yet. We're still waiting for our BMQ and not enrolled yet. It's important to know what's coming our way.
The recruiter likely won't know unless they are unit recruiters. You haven't even enrolled yet, or completed your BMQ. DP1 shouldn't even be on your radar yet. You have a long way to go before you get there and things might change. Once you get to your unit, they'll answer your questions.

What is Recon?

I honestly don't know what branch or trade you're in, but all the trades at our unit is full time during the summer between may and september.

Recon = reconnaissance. This is what we used to do with Coyotes back in the days.

But yes, all answers found on internet is not 100% accurate. As mentionned, better make sure to ask your recruiter.

I also understand your question here if you already have a full time civilian job and trying to figure out squeezing your weeks of BMQ and DP1.

Good luck !

Canadians don't do Recon. We do recce.

Like I did in Ferret Scout Cars.....back in the day.๐Ÿ˜‰
I hear ya. We used Recon in french. We used to have a Ferret right in front of our regiment, dunno if we still have it haha.

We donโ€™t do DP1 on the TAPV in the reserves, we use g wagons. TAPV driver/gunner is a different qual that we can get after DP1. Also, afaik all PRes Armd units have transitioned to Cav, no more recce

Of course you do.๐Ÿ™„
Dude, it's been 20 years lol... but I recall that we did used recce a lot. Recon might've only been on paper.

We donโ€™t do DP1 on the TAPV in the reserves, we use g wagons. TAPV driver/gunner is a different qual that we can get after DP1. Also, afaik all PRes Armd units have transitioned to Cav, no more recce
I didn't know that. I thought TAPV was the basic of Armour now and that it was the main vehicle on the DP1. Thanks for the info.

The recruiter likely won't know unless they are unit recruiters. You haven't even enrolled yet, or completed your BMQ. DP1 shouldn't even be on your radar yet. You have a long way to go before you get there and things might change. Once you get to your unit, they'll answer your questions.
With all do respect, your replay brings absolutely nothing to the discussion. I'll decide myself what should or shouldn't be on my radar. As @Aper said, as a civilian with a career and family I'm just trying to figure out how to manage my time away for BMQ and DP1.

I honestly don't know what branch or trade you're in, but all the trades at our unit is full time during the summer between may and september.

Recon = reconnaissance. This is what we used to do with Coyotes back in the days.

But yes, all answers found on internet is not 100% accurate. As mentionned, better make sure to ask your recruiter.

I also understand your question here if you already have a full time civilian job and trying to figure out squeezing your weeks of BMQ and DP1.

Good luck !
Thanks!

Back