• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Several Taliban killed in gun battle--CNEWS

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (CP) - Canadian troops were involved in an extended firefight today along Highway 1, west of Kandahar.

A joint patrol involving members of the 2nd Battalion Royal Canadian Regiment battle group and the Afghan National Army fought the engagement in the village of Hawz-e Madad, 27 kilometres outside the city.

Roughly 10 to 15 Taliban fighters took on the patrol around 11 a.m. local time in an area that is a known hotbed for extremists.

Maj. Dale MacEachern, an army spokesman, says several militants were killed, but he doesn't have specific numbers.

There were no Canadian or Afghan army casualties.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/War_Terror/2007/02/23/3658838-cp.html

More On Link

Good to see the boys breaking their cherries and delivering the business, well done.

Ahem....

My condolences to the family of the departed
(may they rot in hell for the harm they have perpetrated on the Afghan people)

geo said:
Ahem....

My condolences to the family of the departed
(may they rot in hell for the harm they have perpetrated on the Afghan people)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Now I really feel good for these guys.  I was with that unit 8 years of my life.

(I'm talking, of course, about 2 RCR: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Taliban, Mr. McCarthy!)

Pro Patria!

:cdn:

I was with em for 5 years as their medic (was an x-grunt for 6 years with 1RCR). Well done troops and keep safe!

Pro Patria  :salute:  :cdn:

-gerry

How RCR-centric of me!  I forgot my brethren from 2 VP:
Pro Patricia ;)

But, in all seriousness, here's hoping that the lads keep on giving much better than they get!

:salute:

Glad to see the boys taking it to the TB. Even harder to do with the ANA especialy when it is all new.  Good on them.

Poor Timmy....we should have warned them that they were taking on a rough bunch from the Maritimes!! ;D I guess they've got the message now eh?? ;)

There is still a steep learning curve to go through, much like, but different than 1-06....there will be mistakes and misjudgments on both sides. I think this Roto comes with some lessons learned, but by no means do they have it down pat.

Good luck guys, it's going to be a long hot summer.

Thats right guys, kick ass and don't even bother taking names! :threat: :cdn:

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Poor Timmy....we should have warned them that they were taking on a rough bunch from the Maritimes!! ;D I guess they've got the message now eh?? ;)

Yeah a bunch of Maritimers without beer and hockey...a force not to be f**k'd with for sure!

Good on ya guys! I know a good bunch of 'em out there.

CAW

Back