• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sergeant Eades, Corporal Wasden and Sapper Stock Killed- Aug/ 20/ 2008

Terrible news indeed.
RIP to the fallen.
Get well to the wounded.
Condolences to the families.

:salute:

CF Statement - another photo below

Three Canadian soldiers killed and another injured in Afghanistan
CEFCOM NR–08.038 - August 21, 2008

OTTAWA – Three Canadian soldiers were killed and one soldier injured after an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle, while on patrol, on Highway 1 in Zharey District at approximately 10:30 a.m., Kandahar time, on August 20, 2008.

One of the fallen soldiers is Sergeant Shawn Eades, a combat engineer with 12 Field Squadron, 1 Combat Engineer Regiment from Edmonton, Alberta and attached to the Second Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Battle Group. At the request of the families, the names of the two other soldiers are being withheld temporarily.

The four soldiers were evacuated to Kandahar Air Field’s Role 3 Multi-National Medical Facility. Sadly, three soldiers were confirmed dead by medical authorities.

The injured soldier is in serious but stable condition. The commitment and sacrifice of our soldiers are helping to make a difference in the lives of the people of Kandahar Province. We will continue with our mission as we remember the lives of our fallen soldiers. We remain committed to working together with the people of Afghanistan to improve security and stability in Kandahar Province.

from ctv news:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080821/canada_afghanistan_080821/20080821?hub=TopStories

Also lost were Cpl. Dustin Roy Robert Joseph Wasden and Sapper Stephan John Stock.

Sad.

There are those who will use these fatalities to futher criticize the mission. They are looking forward to the bench mark 100 to further their political cause.   We may pray that it never comes ...

However, those same critics likely do not know or even pay attention to the fact that twice as many lives have been lost in the BC Forest Industry during the same period that the CF has been in Afghanistan.   --- What is worth dying for?  Which is more preventable? Where should one be safer?

That is not to judge either as more tragic than the other.

For your use when appropriate. 

Sad news indeed.  Thoughts and prayers to family, friends and comrades of the fallen sappers.

I had the pleasure of growing up with Shawn before he moved out west. He was always the nicest, most happy-go-lucky, most genuine guy you could ask to know. He was a good friend.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

RIP

Patrick

*edited for grammar

Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky.

RIP Sergeant Shawn Eades, Corporal Dustin Wasden and Sapper Stephan Stock.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2744

Rest gentlemen, for you have done your best. My sympathies go to the families and friends of these brave men. I know there will be many more sad faces on base now. :salute:

from darkness lite said:
Shawn was a friend of mine and a damn fine soldier too.... RIP

FDL :cdn:

I remember Shawn from back in 1 CER

RIP my freind.

To the Sapper's that have passed away, may St Barbara grant you the peace you so richly deserve, and my condolences to the family of those who died.

Chimo

Back