• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2009 BMQ

LordVagabond

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see any September BMQ threads (although there is a September BMOQ thread  :blotto: )

At my interview part 1 yesterday, the recruiter pretty much up and told me that July is full and August will be filled before my file completes processing, so told me that I'd be going to the September BMQ once my file reaches merit listing status. His exact words were "barring a medically unfit note from Ottawa, you'll be going in September."

So... starting this thread as it seems that course loading for September is about to kick off  :warstory:

I think a Sept. BMQ thread is a bit premature.  It takes some time for everything to go through. Some of us who completed interviews etc. mid April are still waiting and July BMQ dates are still being reported in, I haven't seen any August ones yet.  But yes, if you just interviewed September would seem a likely possibility.

It depends on your scoring overall.  He said for me that as long as I pass my medical then I will get it that day because of my CFAT score.  So I will probably be in august

I wouldn't bet on that either.  For your sake I truly hope that pans out, but I rocked my CFAT and I'm still waiting.  I was told 5 days on April 29th.    Reasons I'm waiting #1: trade choice, national selection, could not be offered at recruiting center, #2 Awaiting PLAR assessment for trade, #3 really long wait for criminal record check (And I have had CSIS international air-side clearance and other high security clearances in civi occupation).  The point here is things that are out of the control of your recruiting office can really slow stuff up.

Hey, Im rejoining for reg force infantry RCR. im merit listed and just waiting for medical to return from ottawa by june 15th routhly. i got an estimate for August 3rd, check out the thread i started. Good luck what are you going in for ?

I don't think you should guess or plan to be on any BMQ until you get the call. I know the waiting kills you I just got my call and start BMQ July 6th. Wait times vary and from my search on this forum average time is 3 months start to finish. There are people who wait 1 year or longer. My cousin just got accepted in 18 days start to finish going infantry out of Yellowknife, NWT. Mine was around a month and a half. I know there is a number of factors that can slow the process down or speed it up. I was an out of country applicant but this played in my favor because when visiting my parents I applied on April 14th and they were nice enough in Toronto to set me up with one processing on April 16th for CFAT, medical, and interview.

Just hold tight and try not to think about it. I'm know it's the hardest part and I hope you all get called soon. Good Luck

i fianlly got a call!! they said i most likely start weekend bmq September 25!  ;D

Im going to be leaving bc on aug 28th for St. jean
reg. Infantry, anyone else going then as well??

I will be going for my BMQ on spetember 14th in Borden Ontario because St Jean in filled.Going infantry and so very excited but I can't seem to find anyone going to borden around the same time as me.Hmmmmm am I the only one????

fancyface said:
I will be going for my BMQ on spetember 14th in Borden Ontario because St Jean in filled.Going infantry and so very excited but I can't seem to find anyone going to borden around the same time as me.Hmmmmm am I the only one????

Nope. I will see you there. :)

I'm Hoping to make September BMQ, my process has only taken about three weeks aside from the medical i have that on the 5th of august  :) . The PO said i would be merit listed pending my medical

fancyface said:
woohoo celtic girl I was beginning to feel alone haha

I feel nothing but releif for you. Those one-man courses are a real murder. I'm glad you were spared that ordeal.

Seriously though I've tried to find others going there for atleast a week now and haven't heard anything so to find someone else who is going to Borden is great news.I know there are others out there but just haven't heard it yet.Everyone is talking about St Jean not Borden.I was kidding when I said I thought I was the only one  ;)

I got the call today. Im off to Borden on sept6th for BMQ. applied for vehicle technician.

See you all there.

Young.Alex said:
I'm Hoping to make September BMQ, my process has only taken about three weeks aside from the medical i have that on the 5th of august  :) . The PO said i would be merit listed pending my medical

Good luck with that.  I've been waiting 6 weeks and counting since my medical.

Hey Hey! September BMQ in Borden for Infantry :D Leaving on the 7th. And it goes from Sept. 8 to Dec. 11. Hope to see you all there!

I am starting September 7th in Borden as an ATIS tech. It's always good to find a few people to get to know a bit before you get there.  ;)

fancyface said:
Seriously though I've tried to find others going there for atleast a week now and haven't heard anything so to find someone else who is going to Borden is great news.I know there are others out there but just haven't heard it yet.Everyone is talking about St Jean not Borden.I was kidding when I said I thought I was the only one  ;)

Im leaving Sept 14th for Borden so i will also see ya there

Back