• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2009 BMQ

I haven't even been sworn in yet. :eek: The ceremony was suppose to be on Sept.4 in Victoria, now it's been change to Sept.9 in Calgary...I'm in the middle of a move. I'm suppose to leave for Borden Sept.12 and start basic on Sept.14. I better start getting together the stuff I need for basic now, a couples days after swearing in is not a lot of time. Oh well, good time to work on my time management skills. Better get going, I'm still in BC. :)

Got sworn in today. I'm taking the train up to Saint-Jean on the 27th from Kingston. It's pretty exciting!! ;D

Swearing in in New West on the tenth and Flying out for BMQ on the 26th in St. Jean.  Im Going Feild Artillery, anyone else?

hey i got a call today i go for october BMQ.... i get sworn in october 21st and am leaving for St.Jean.... i understand there is no october BMQ but im excited  :nod:

Holy flip...I feel more nervous this time around than last!  :p I'll see you 14 Sep Borden folks this Sunday. Enjoy the last couple of days of freedom!  :blotto:

Can't wait. Leave for BMQ in Borden tomorrow morning, course starts the 14th. See you all soon!

Well for those showing up the 12th, I will see you all there. 

Im all packed and ready to go, not feeling nervous yet but im sure that will change by the time I drive up to the gates.

Anyone here going to be going to St. Jean for BMQ on the 28th? Just wondering as this is the date that my BMQ will start! Also, if anyone has any tips or heads up for St.Jean it would be appreciated.

And is BMQ really hard on the knees? My knees hurt a bit after high impact workouts but its nothing I can't handle. I was also wondering what happens if you fail BMQ? Can you go back and do it again in a few months, I am not talking about having to start over because you failed a few things, like what if you get injured? I don't plan on failing anything and I am going to give this 100%, if I wasn't going to give it my all I wouldn't even go and waste there time and resources.

dude you gotta let me know how long did it take for your application to go through? because i am just waiting for my file to be sent back from Ottawa then the CFRC will call me. how long did that take for you?..im just wondering because im getting really tense lol THANX!

Dave

I honestly think the banner on the website should be "Read the stickys first, search bar second... Welcome to Army.ca" or something...

boboyer said:
I honestly think the banner on the website should be "Read the stickys first, search bar second... Welcome to Army.ca" or something...

The terms members agree to cover many of those suggestions. Many of the boards and sub-boards also have similar suggestions.

Note: The site's search function has not been working correctly for the past few days. Though using Google - "forums.army.ca", "enrollment waiting" ect...works just as well, if not better right now.

DaveyOldNavy said:
dude you gotta let me know how long did it take for your application to go through? because i am just waiting for my file to be sent back from Ottawa then the CFRC will call me. how long did that take for you?..im just wondering because im getting really tense lol THANX!

Dave

Well it depends on a lot of things. If it's your medical file that is left to be reviewed that should take 2-3 weeks or so. After all of your information is cleared then you get Merit Listed and depending on your trade it may have to go to a National Selection Board which could be very short if not many other people applied for your trade. I would call your file manager at the 2 week mark after whatever part of your file was sent to Ottawa to get an update and he/she can probably give a closer time-frame.

KodyN202 said:
Anyone here going to be going to St. Jean for BMQ on the 28th? Just wondering as this is the date that my BMQ will start! Also, if anyone has any tips or heads up for St.Jean it would be appreciated.

Yes! I am starting monday the 28th as well. We have to be there Sept 27th before 5 PM don't forget.

Polish-GIJOE said:
Awesome man see you there... have they told you anything about possible postings besides letreim or kingston ?

They told me that QL3's are done in kingston I think...for postings he (MCC) mentioned Alert or the Queen Charlotte Islands.

Maestro said:
They told me that QL3's are done in kingston I think...for postings he (MCC) mentioned Alert or the Queen Charlotte Islands.

Alert is not a posting, it's a six-month tour.  Just think, you could get posted to Gander, NF!

PMedMoe said:
Alert is not a posting, it's a six-month tour.  Just think, you could get posted to Gander, NF!

And what's wrong with Gander?

;D

Back