• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sept 2023 UKR Vet Recognition Incident (merged from several threads)

Rota took a $90,000 annually hit on his salary and that affects his pension. Add his reputation.

I doubt he even saw his resignation letter until it was passed to the Speakers Office for release.

I don't think the Trudeau bus wheels touch the road. More of a hovercraft.

Even with Rota I saw this as an honest (but serious) mistake. Same with the PMO. Personally I thought Fergueson’s mistake was worse tbh.

But hiding it and disclosing it only after the media started digging is the bigger issue in my mind.

Even with Rota I saw this as an honest (but serious) mistake. Same with the PMO ...
I'd like to think invites to PM functions might be screened with just a titch more rigour than a Speaker's Office invite, though. Speaker & Co. missing it might be an honest (but "WTF?!?!?!" level) mistake, but whoever handles PM's invites missing this strikes me as a lot bigger deal ....
But hiding it and disclosing it only after the media started digging is the bigger issue in my mind.
.... ESPECIALLY with this in mind.
Speaking of history, it may be that his choices are "walk in the snow" or "night of the long knives".
Not enough people brave enough to pull out the knives (in spite of loyal party faithful and Team Red alumni offering all kinds of public advice/warnings from outside the bubble), and no public indications of any walks yet, so .... 🍿

Back