• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sept 19th "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"

PMedMoe said:
Aye, tis a day for swigging rum, then!  :cheers:

Perfect....drinking rum, swearing, eyepatches, peg legs, no bathing, months at sea, parrots.  What more in life could you want? 
Okay, minus the eyepatches, peg legs, no bathing, months at sea, parrots....I think I have my evening plans.
Yarrr  :cheers:

Arrrrrrrrr, 'tiz been a year already since the last.

Plenty of parrots and rum on my island www.bribie.com.au

There is even a park called Pirate Park.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
There is even a park called Pirate Park.

That's it.  I gotta go!
pirate-smiley-08.gif

pirate2_4.gif

Yaaarrrr :D I be the true pirate. Captian Jack be I arrrr.

Arrr....
I've be to the Arghandab, hoisted the Jolly Roger, and avast ye' scalliwags!  Zharey be mine, says I!

Epileptic Enrico Slaughter signin' in mateys!  A few fun things for this fantabulous day:

1. Dress like a pirate, talk like a pirate, drink some rum and take over the boat at West Edmonton Mall.  Bonus points if ye make the nightly news.

2. Visit your local HMCS - talk like a pirate - they don't find it nearly as funny as we do! 

3. Cap'n Blackbeard swaggered into a tavern in Grenada, his steering wheel thing danglin' from his belt... the wenches giggled, and the innkeeper says, "What the heck is with the steering wheel hangin' from yer belt, Matey?"

Cap'n Blackbeard squints his un-patched eye, spits, and says, "Arrr!  It's drivin' me nuts!"

Can't wait until next year.  I had 7 classes of grade 1,2,3 students talking like pirates all day on Friday.  It drove their classroom teachers crazy! >:D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Arrr....
I've be to the Arghandab, hoisted the Jolly Roger, and avast ye' scalliwags!  Zharey be mine, says I!

I'm still laughing at this one...... 

its the Zharey be mine comment that kills me!  ;D

I was reading this reminder at CNN.com and knew I had read this discussion before. So here's a heads up for all you pirated pleasure.

pirate-smiley-08.gif

Arrr.....reminders for me?  N'Arrrrrrrrrrr!  Methinks I be the first this year, sez I.....Arrrr

Arrr  it be a necro thread, but International Talk Like a Pirate Day be here again.  Startle the CPO1, afright the Lieutenants, wind up in irons in the deepest bowels of the ship. Grog for all!

Avast!  'Tis time, once again, ye scurvy dogs, to hoist the Jolly Roger, be awares of landlubbers.  Avast! Avast!

And fer all yee scurvy dogs what's forgotten yer pirate name since last year.....
http://gangstaname.com/names/pirate

Signed, Pirate Edmund the Pink  :(

I be Cap'n Mary Bonney, I be. Board me fine ship at your peril. Ye'll find me accompanied by m'ship's cat Iron Anne Kidd, better known as Iron Annie. Old girl had Parrot for breakfast, then sharpened her claws on Pegleg's peg. She be tough as nails that cat! Mind ye approach her carefully, she be a fine cat and in my protection.

Haw . . .er . . . Cap'n Bonney

Technoviking said:
Arr.  For the day I be Armless Tad Slasher.  Avast!

One begs th' question, how do ye type wi' nay arms? Do ye use yer nose?

I be Black Death Fritz.

I be Reeking Marcy Scarr.  I be reeking from no water on board me ship!!  ;D

Arrrr Armless, shouldn't ye be Armless Shin Kicker or do ye hold yer cutlass with yer tooth?

MM

"I say dis heer kegs a dryer den me ol lady.......I say dryer.....ya heer !......dryer !"

Arrgh..." Aye Cap'n..... I seen it too......thar be a wee peep hole in her belly thar."

Well.....who-dun-it I say ?.....I say..... who-dun-it ?....I say

Arrgh...."I dunno cap'n......but a good floggin sure in 'ell wood get dee ol dogs a tawkin"

"Den whats ya waitin for baye"

Arrgh...."Aye Cap'n !....... I bees a bringin the gilty pardy on deck"

"You'd be a good lad den matey.......I be a wantin to nose the trooth o'da matter.....or my name
aint Cap'n RANDAL LEADBLADE ! "

Arrgh! Arrgh!..........."ALL HANDS ON DECK !"

Back