• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Semi-auto pistols - parts and action

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Great, "adjustable" cutaway view....

http://www.m1911.org/loader.swf

Just, wow.

We need a C6, C7 and C9 of this. I know there is a video of a cutaway C7 to show recruits, but this is beyond good.

On my SQ in Gagetown we had fully functioning models of both the C6 and C9 with sections cut out so that you could see the mechanisms move.

Nice find.

And it is a shame they don't have this will all the fire arms. They all already exist as CAD models somewhere, it wouldn't be too much work to implement it.

old man neri said:
Nice find.

And it is a shame they don't have this will all the fire arms. They all already exist as CAD models somewhere, it wouldn't be too much work to implement it.

That's a 1911, it uses the Browning tilting barrel short recoil design, which is the same for the Browning Hi-Power, Sig Sauers, Glocks and just about every other autoloading pistol made with a few exceptions like the Beretta 92 and some German ones like the Luger and Walther P38. No need to make if for other pistols because it's the same sequence of events.

Inch said:
That's a 1911, it uses the Browning tilting barrel short recoil design, which is the same for the Browning Hi-Power, Sig Sauers, Glocks and just about every other autoloading pistol made with a few exceptions like the Beretta 92 and some German ones like the Luger and Walther P38. No need to make if for other pistols because it's the same sequence of events.

I realize that. I meant to say have cut-aways for weapons such as the C7 and C9 which use a much different action if I recall correctly. I am by no means a an expert in this.

old man neri said:
I realize that. I meant to say have cut-aways for weapons such as the C7 and C9 which use a much different action if I recall correctly. I am by no means a an expert in this.

Gotcha, I thought you were talking about the Browning Hi-Power and Sigs that are in service.

You are correct, the C7 and C8 are gas operated, not recoil operated like pistols.

It's a sad, sad day when a pilot:

a) uses words like "tilting barrel short recoil design"
b) understands what he said.

Sigh....what's the Air Force coming to....????

Garry said:
It's a sad, sad day when a pilot:

a) uses words like "tilting barrel short recoil design"
b) understands what he said.

Sigh....what's the Air Force coming to....????

Hey! Just because I wear a blue hat doesn't mean I can't like guns. I do love my 1911.  ;D

Back