• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan10 said:
Congrats on the offer! Which trade have you been selected for?

Thank you. It has been a long process for me. I have been selected for AVN tech , which was my first pick.

KerryBlue said:
HA that's a nice joke. Nope 6 months and still nothing...

You saying on top of them? You gotta be on top of them or they just forget about you :S

Treemoss said:
You saying on top of them? You gotta be on top of them or they just forget about you :S

Is going to the CFRC once a week enough...as well as calling once a week...Believe me I'm trying, and am more the keeping on top of them. Still not a thing.

KerryBlue said:
Is going to the CFRC once a week enough...as well as calling once a week...Believe me I'm trying, and am more the keeping on top of them. Still not a thing.

Kerry its only been around two or so months for me and I am starting to get your annoyances and slowly starting to feel your pain. My main trade is "in-demand" and all that I know is that my application is currently still in processing, and once my reliability check clears I will be scheduled for my medical and interview. I call about once every 2 weeks and was told just yesterday "Your file is still in processing. There is no need to contact us as we will contact you." But at this point if I didn't keep in contact with my File Manager I probably wouldn't have been scheduled to do my CFAT. I am probably going to go back to the calling once every month rule, if by chance I still haven't been scheduled that is.

Hopefully my backround check, and liver function test gets processed quick so I can be ready for May selections if there is one. Been waiting since October 2012 for this application process to finally finish. Keep your heads up everyone, our calls coming.

AlphaBravo said:
Once my reliability check clears I will be scheduled for my medical and interview.

Not to be a dick, but don't count on it...That's the same line I heard after my CFAT, then again in November when they "forgot" to do it, then after a month I did like they said and came back and whoops we can't process you now, new system sorry.

KerryBlue said:
Not to be a dick, but don't count on it...That's the same line I heard after my CFAT, then again in November when they "forgot" to do it, then after a month I did like they said and came back and whoops we can't process you now, new system sorry.

At this point I still hope to get a medical and interview scheduled., I mean they hounded me to get my direct deposit information to reimburse me, but it almost seems like I don't I have the right* to hound them about scheduling my medical and interview. And I know they have been doing my reliability screening since I contacted a few references and they have in fact been contacted.

Not everyone is having so much of an issue it seems, there are some people getting contacted for theirs and there are some people who aren't its just a battle of the waiting.

Also I was wondering, does anybody know if/when you get a job offer, do they email you as well as a phone call? My voicemail sometimes deletes messages before I get a chance to hear them, and I'm a little worried about missing it.

geterdone123 said:
Also I was wondering, does anybody know if/when you get a job offer, do they email you as well as a phone call? My voicemail sometimes deletes messages before I get a chance to hear them, and I'm a little worried about missing it.

My best friend only got a phone call (left a voicemail and he called back) based on what he told me. If that is the case with your phone though (and you do not have another primary number they could call) I would contact your CFRC and explain that email would the best option for contacting you.

Goose15 said:
My best friend only got a phone call (left a voicemail and he called back) based on what he told me. If that is the case with your phone though (and you do not have another primary number they could call) I would contact your CFRC and explain that email would the best option for contacting you.

Do they call from a Private Number or Blocked Call? I have those numbers blacklisted on my phone.

petercushing said:
Do they call from a Private Number or Blocked Call? I have those numbers blacklisted on my phone.

CFRCs numbers are blocked.

Can anyone tell me when the next merit boards are being held for:

- Crewman (Army)
- Com. Eng (Army)
- Boatswain (Navy)

I'm in the tail end of my application and wondering what my chances are for making BMQ in June. Thanks!

When CFRC Toronto called my cell for an offer, it showed up as the main line number.

Winter727 said:
When CFRC Toronto called my cell for an offer, it showed up as the main line number.

Ditto this. Never once did the CFRC's number show up as private or blocked.

CFRC Hamilton had always been a blocked number for me. Must depend on your RC.

Winter727 said:

SJantzi said:
CFRC Hamilton had always been a blocked number for me. Must depend on your RC.

Interesting. I guess it must be CFRC dependant. Mine has always been blocked. The recruiter who called me the first time, after noticing my surprise at a blocked number, informed me that most were blocked as per protocol. I gather he may have been mistaken by the above.

Buchanan1950 said:
Can anyone tell me when the next merit boards are being held for:

- Crewman (Army)
- Com. Eng (Army)
- Boatswain (Navy)

This thread is more likely to give you an answer for that: Selection Dates

Buchanan1950 said:
I'm in the tail end of my application and wondering what my chances are for making BMQ in June. Thanks!

I would NOT use the dates you are given as a sign of when you will be leaving for BMQ.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back