• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goose15 said:
Interesting. I guess it must be CFRC dependant. Mine has always been blocked. The recruiter who called me the first time, after noticing my surprise at a blocked number, informed me that most were blocked as per protocol. I gather he may have been mistaken by the above.

I find it hard to believe, that a Government Department like Recruiting is paying for the "blocking" of their phone number.

My CFRC doesn't block theirs. It shows up as Govt. Of Canada.

DAA said:
I find it hard to believe, that a Government Department like Recruiting is paying for the "blocking" of their phone number.

Not sure quite what to tell you to be honest. It's blocked every time they call me and the recruiter I spoke to told me that it was protocol :dunno:

I would NOT use the dates you are given as a sign of when you will be leaving for BMQ.

Good luck :)

Thanks Goose15, appreciate it.

Does anyone have a general idea of how long the background check can take?

AlphaBravo said:
My CFRC doesn't block theirs. It shows up as Govt. Of Canada.
When Hamilton called me it came up unknown name, I now pick up any unknown name or number and end up hearing a pre recorded message that I just won a cruise lol

Mac Isaac said:
When Hamilton called me it came up unknown name, I now pick up any unknown name or number and end up hearing a pre recorded message that I just won a cruise lol

Applying for a Navy Trade, are you?    >:D

MrMace said:
Anyone hear about any combat arm trades getting selected yet?

Only Artymn.  I'm sure some will come out of the shadows shortly.

DAA said:
Only Artymn.  I'm sure some will come out of the shadows shortly.

They'll probably fill all the spots right around the time someone finally calls me for a medical/interview......

I got in touch with recruiters at CFRC Edmonton I was told that Infantry, Arty and Combat Engineers will have selections at the end of May. Good luck.

MrMace said:
I got in touch with recruiters at CFRC Edmonton I was told that Infantry, Arty and Combat Engineers will have selections at the end of May. Good luck.

I was told the same by CFRC Halifax. My recruiter had told me that combat engineers will be selected on May 26Th.

FwuzzyWabbit said:
Called my CFRC today for an update on my application. Was told my references were called and that they're just waiting on some check to come back and I should be merit listed in the coming weeks, recommending that I should call in the next week and a half to see. Applied for ACISS and was wondering what the selections are like for this trade.

Called Thursday last week and they still had the same thing to say as when I posted this on April 1st. Going to try and get ahold of the CFRC Friday to see if I've finally been merit listed. Would also be cool if someone had any info about ACISS selections.

I got a call last Wednesday to come to my local CFRC and do a second medical. I showed up Thursday and completed the medical. I was then informed I was scheduled for a second interview, which I also completed. At the end of this interview I was told I had a good chance of getting a job position offer early as Tuesday ( I may or may not have seen a computer screen stating that I was to be given a job offer as soon as my paperwork was updated and processed aswell, if everything was good).

Here comes the odd part. To the best of my knowledge and that of those involved that day I was told everything was in good standing. However I've yet to have any contact from my CFRC. I've emailed two different email addresses, one the general inquiry and the other of a officer, without any response. I'm beginning to worry something may have went wrong and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Has anyone else  had an experience like this or similar to it?

Called in to CFRC Winnipeg today to check on my file and was informed by my file manager that next selection will be end of May. I don't know if ACISS will fall into that selection as I'm not sure what the acronym stands for but I would assume if it's a regular force NCM position you will probably be up for review/consideration at that time if you've been merit listed. Your best source of information would be to call your local recruitment centre and ask though. Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone else waiting.

Mods, can this thread be merged with the application process sample one?  It's pretty much turned into that.....

Edit to add:  Case in point:

From Selection Dates:
Traintosucceed said:
I got a call last Wednesday to come to my local CFRC and do a second medical. I showed up Thursday and completed the medical. I was then informed I was scheduled for a second interview, which I also completed. At the end of this interview I was told I had a good chance of getting a job position offer early as Tuesday ( I may or may not have seen a computer screen stating that I was to be given a job offer as soon as my paperwork was updated and processed aswell, if everything was good).

Here comes the odd part. To the best of my knowledge and that of those involved that day I was told everything was in good standing. However I've yet to have any contact from my CFRC. I've emailed two different email addresses, one the general inquiry and the other of a officer, without any response. I'm beginning to worry something may have went wrong and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Has anyone else  had an experience like this or similar to it?

From Application Process Samples:
Traintosucceed said:
I got a call last Wednesday to come to my local CFRC and do a second medical. I showed up Thursday and completed the medical. I was then informed I was scheduled for a second interview, which I also completed. At the end of this interview I was told I had a good chance of getting a job position offer early as Tuesday ( I may or may not have seen a computer screen stating that I was to be given a job offer as soon as my paperwork was updated and processed as well, if everything was good).

Here comes the odd part. To the best of my knowledge and that of those involved that day I was told everything was in good standing. However I've yet to have any contact from my CFRC. I've emailed two different email addresses, the general inquiry and the other of an officer (who conducted my first interview), without any response. I'm beginning to worry something may have went wrong and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Has anyone else had an experience like this or similar to it?

It's like deja vu!  :nod:

I'd second that.

"Selection Dates" is now being interpreted as "selections for medical and interviews" rather than "job offers".

Maybe the MODS can magically create a new thread called something like "Processing Dates"?

DAA said:
Maybe the MODS can magically create a new thread called something like "Processing Dates"?

Oh, let them not and say they did.  It just turns into application/merit listing/etc comparisons and personal stories anyway.  Just an observation. 

Last time I checked these forums were here to help people seek the answers they are looking for, not to ridicule them and use them as examples to prove your own points... Whatever floats your boat and makes you feel good about yourself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back