• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you are merit listed and your trades are marked as recruiting now (logs and Mars) DEO the next BMOQ won't be until after April 1st? Do they generally give you 3 weeks to a month before BMOQ starts in order to get yourself situated from the date of the job offer? Glad I am getting some sort of time frame, thank you.

Bruins91 said:
So if you are merit listed and your trades are marked as recruiting now (logs and Mars) DEO the next BMOQ won't be until after April 1st? Do they generally give you 3 weeks to a month before BMOQ starts in order to get yourself situated from the date of the job offer? Glad I am getting some sort of time frame, thank you.

Not sure when the next BMOQ will be, but definitely after 1 Apr.  Selections are usually done 60-days prior to the start of BMOQ/BMQ, with employment offers being given 30-45 days before the course starts.  That's the norm, but on occasion there will be instances of short notice offers.

There is a new group every two weeks in BMQ (Based on what my recruiter has told me). How soon and if you go is dependant on where you rank merit wise.

Best of luck and following up with your recruiting office will certainly speed up the process.

my interview and medical have recently expired and have to be redone. Will this put me further back on the selection list and delay me from getting "The Call" ?

Kermode said:
How fast do BMQ's generally fill up? I see a thread for people already selected for the February 23rd BMQ. This early on, what % capacity is that BMQ at would you guess?

They start filling BMQ's 60 days or more prior to the start date and try to have them filled 45 days prior.  Given the time frame, I'd say that BMQ should be 100% full and if not, they will fill it very soon.

Conrod94 said:
my interview and medical have recently expired and have to be redone. Will this put me further back on the selection list and delay me from getting "The Call" ?

If the med and interview have expired, they usually remove you from the Merit List pending these items being updated.  But the bad news is..........you will now be subject to the new system, so you may very well be thrown back into the pool of applicants, who are waiting for their medical and interview.

DAA said:
But the bad news is..........you will now be subject to the new system, so you may very well be thrown back into the pool of applicants, who are waiting for their medical and interview.

What are the differences in the new system?

Conrod94 said:

Your CFAT score determines whether or not you receive a medical and interview. If you do not pass a certain threshold score on the CFAT you may be waiting for a long time.

DAA said:
Selections for the upcoming recruiting year (ie; BMQ's starting in Apr), probably won't start until late Feb.

Just wondering if there are any confirmed dates for the next selection? Or is it still too early?
Thanks.

Conrod94 said:

KerryBlue said:
Your CFAT score determines whether or not you receive a medical and interview. If you do not pass a certain threshold score on the CFAT you may be waiting for a long time.

That pretty much sums things up.  The better you do, the greater the chances of moving forward.

jd3 said:
Just wondering if there are any confirmed dates for the next selection? Or is it still too early?
Thanks.

At this point probably whenever they have openings on BMQ's and spots to fill someone will be selected. The selection dates for the next FY will probably be late February.

Well, looks like I made the Merit List for the last selection, I got a job offer today for Vehicle Tech and accepted!!!! Cannot wait to start.

jd3 said:
Well, looks like I made the Merit List for the last selection, I got a job offer today for Vehicle Tech and accepted!!!! Cannot wait to start.

See you there mang.

Does anybody know if calls have started going out for March 2? I accepted my offer already, just waiting for a call with the finer details! Supposed to come when everyone else gets the offers...

ShadyBrah said:
Does anybody know if calls have started going out for March 2? I accepted my offer already, just waiting for a call with the finer details! Supposed to come when everyone else gets the offers...

Calls are still going out for people starting on the 16th. They're playing a bit of catch up I think. Hopefully selection dates for march and BMQ dates for April 2015 are confirmed soon also..

Yea I feel a little bad for people getting calls for the 23rd at this point.. let alone the 16th still. Time is on the mind. 

Yep, I'm glad I called to check up on things or I'd be in that boat. Lucky me got a good months notice. Just need someone to call me with the details now >.<

I was wondering if anyone would know if they've started running MPAC's yet?

My application has been finished processing as of about a month ago and I'm just curious as to when they start going through the list.

Coldtoast2113 said:
I was wondering if anyone would know if they've started running MPAC's yet?

My application has been finished processing as of about a month ago and I'm just curious as to when they start going through the list.

MPAC/MPOAC is running right now and ends early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back