• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be completely Offtrack but wasn't there a site where people could see when the next selection date / next BMQ was done at ST-Jean ???? ( or was it only BMQ ) .....

Only BMQ and the next selection for all trades that still need to be filled is January 19th.

alright been a long time since I've been following it haha ! I'm still waiting for my transfer paperwork which take forever hahah !

Moore said:
Only BMQ and the next selection for all trades that still need to be filled is January 19th.

Can you point me to where you can find out which trades needs to be filled or is it word of mouth at the moment?

Quid99 said:
Can you point me to where you can find out which trades needs to be filled or is it word of mouth at the moment?

The only source that I know of is DAA since he pretty much knows everything, you'll just have to wait for him to reply to this thread if he sees it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you if you messaged him either.

Quid99 said:

Here you go    ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

Right now, there are still some spots to fill for the current year (ie; BMQ starting before 31 Mar) and most if not ALL occupations for the next recruiting year (ie; BMQ/BMOQ starting after 1 Apr) are currently OPEN for processing.

The link to the CAF Recruiting website above is reasonably accurate at the present time.  So if the occupation has the "Now Hiring" beside it, that means it's currently OPEN.

DAA said:
Here you go    ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

Right now, there are still some spots to fill for the current year (ie; BMQ starting before 31 Mar) and most if not ALL occupations for the next recruiting year (ie; BMQ/BMOQ starting after 1 Apr) are currently OPEN for processing.

The link to the CAF Recruiting website above is reasonably accurate at the present time.  So if the occupation has the "Now Hiring" beside it, that means it's currently OPEN.

When you say currently open, does that mean still open for the 2015/2016 year or for BMQ starting before March 31?

Quid99 said:
When you say currently open, does that mean still open for the 2015/2016 year or for BMQ starting before March 31?

DAA said:

DAA said:

DAA, i think that if i could, I would kiss you for that answer  ( don't worry. I am talking in a non gay way  :p ) .Its  Been a while since i was wondering if those "Now Hiring" was accurate on the CAF website and now i know .  :salute:

Was the January 19th selection for leftover NCM job selections or was everything included in it?

Treemoss said:
Was the January 19th selection for leftover NCM job selections or was everything included in it?

Leftovers.

Selections for the upcoming recruiting year (ie; BMQ's starting in Apr), probably won't start until late Feb.

Kermode said:
So they select for the next fiscal year before the fiscal year even starts?

Any chance of getting selected for NESOP before the new fiscal year?

YES and YES.  Selections for next years recruiting numbers, normally begin in mid/late Feb for BMQ's starting after 1 Apr.  However, to be considered for selection, you have to already be Merit Listed and to be Merit Listed, your application has to be fully processed.  So "processing" applications for these jobs usually begins in mid-Dec at the latest.

Any advice you are given with regards to an application where someone is attaching the date "1 Apr".......is BAD advice!

DAA said:
YES and YES.  Selections for next years recruiting numbers, normally begin in mid/late Feb for BMQ's starting after 1 Apr.  However, to be considered for selection, you have to already be Merit Listed and to be Merit Listed, your application has to be fully processed.  So "processing" applications for these jobs usually begins in mid-Dec at the latest.

Any advice you are given with regards to an application where someone is attaching the date "1 Apr".......is BAD advice!

With that being said where does that leave applicants like myself who are not on the Merit List and are still waiting for an Interview and Medical. My file is on hold until 28 Feb 15 so will I see any movement on it before or after the new Fiscal Year? I am applying for Infantry NCM

FortYorkRifleman said:
With that being said where does that leave applicants like myself who are not on the Merit List and are still waiting for an Interview and Medical. My file is on hold until 28 Feb 15 so will I see any movement on it before or after the new Fiscal Year? I am applying for Infantry NCM

I'm sure you will start to see some movement by the end of Feb or sometime in Mar, if not sooner.

Please excuse my lack of understanding all this haha, so with my medical and interview scheduled for Thursday (Jan 29th) Does this mean that I am on the merit list for this year as an AVN tech? (my first choice). Im hoping to head off to Basic training before July 2015, is it a realistic hope?

James17 said:
Please excuse my lack of understanding all this haha, so with my medical and interview scheduled for Thursday (Jan 29th) Does this mean that I am on the merit list for this year as an AVN tech? (my first choice). Im hoping to head off to Basic training before July 2015, is it a realistic hope?

it could be a realistic hope, but this doesn't mean you will get a position offer by then ( chances are you will , but we never know ) it all depends on the trades you chose and the number of position available , once that's done , you will get a formal job offer for the 1st , 2ND or 3rd pick on your list , depending on the CFAT results. 

so depending on a lot of factors you could very well leave for July , or you could only leave next year , it all depends on the number of spots , and your personal file and score.

Yea I figured, I just wasn't sure if I would even be considered yet as I am not finished my interview or medical yet. I know its all done on test results and availability ect. I appreciate the reply! THANKS!

James17 said:

If you have not yet completed the Medical and Interview stages of your application, then you would not be on the Merit List.  After completing the Med and Interview, it could still be another 4-6 weeks, if not longer, before you could be merit listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back