• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance Form

ringer98

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, it seems I have already made my first mistake and I am not even in St. Jean yet  :(

I have recently been selected for BMQ. I have filled out all my paperwork already, I am just going over and proof reading, crosses "T's" and what not, and while it seems I read the Detailed instructions, I failed to read the General instructions and wrote the thing in "BLUE" ink rather then the required "BLACK"

My RC is closed until the 5th (as all are i'm sure). I was wondering if there is a place online that I could print another one off? Or if I am going to have to wait until Monday to get another one?

Any other questions regarding the forms # please PM me, I didn't think it would be wise to post it on here.

Now that seems backwards to me. Usually forms are filled in with blue ink so when photocopied you can tell the original from the copy.

Yes it reads:

-This form is to be completed using an automated system or if not available using a typewriter or printing in block letter format in black ink

Most clerks prefer that forms be filled in with blue ink, so when copied they can tell which is the original.  However, most documents are scanned, and archived as digital images.  Black ink scans much better, providing a better image.

Ringer -
       If you have all the information on your forms, it should not take too long to re-do when the CFRC opens on 5 Jan.  Unfortunately, the only available source of the forms other than the CFRC that I know of is on the DWAN.

BCOG

Roger, will do.

Thanks guys. Have a great New-Years!

Cheers

I wouldn't worry about it too much you will redo that form many times over because it will inevitably be lost/misplaced at least once in your military career ;)

Keep a copy of your previous security clearance form in with your documents you keep (SIN card, Birth Certificate) in a safe place. You'll rack your brain for a week trying to come up with all the details of your past 10 years and previous, especially if you've got a Level III clearance and have to redo the forms every 5 years.

Thanks for the link, garb811. Definately make it easier to do fill out when its an electronic copy.

Back