• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Section Attacks+Refresher

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiflemanPhil

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I've been  thinking about section attacks recently, and I can't quite remember all the steps to them. Can someone please write a quick refresher of the steps and any other tips?
Phil

I'm sure your Section Commander would love to explain the steps to you.

-Prep for Battle
-Reaction to effective enemy fire
-locate the enemy
-win the fire fight
-Approach
-assault
-consolidation

Knowing the theory is fine but practice makes perfect. If you were trained properly a day or two of refreshers should get your head back into it.

Since you're asking this over the Internet, I can only guess this is what you want.

Press the start button to begin your mission, kit your section out however you see fit.  I usually give every one of my guys a machinegun and a sniper rifle, it weighs them down a lot but they all run at the same speed this way.  Make sure you give them all a knife, too.  Don't worry about grenades -- they're not very accurate and the graphics generally suck.  I recommend changing the colours on their uniforms to something distinct.  I use the Reservoir Dog colour scheme (actually call my team the Reservoir Dogs).  Makes determining who's who easier when the game's going and camouflage doesn't work with the AI anyhow.  Don't worry about radios, they'll just cost you extra money and slow some guys down.  Anything important will appear on screen and your mission objectives are all viewable through the menu.

Have your guys all use their sniper rifles at first.  They don't have the visual range of binos, but your guys will spot the enemy from a lot further out than with the guns.  And when they spot the enemy, they can start engaging right away (it's sort of annoying to have to have them run as a section when they're not shooting).  They also don't shoot as much, so they consevere ammo nicely.  Once they get close enough for the enemy to start shooting back, they're probably in MG range.  Press the start button and scroll through to their MG's.  Kind of sucks the game won't let you do this all at once so you'll have to do it for each guy (no radios on all your guys won't let you do that, either.  I tried).  No point in leaving one guy with his sniper rifle, either, because he'll take so long to shoot that he'll slow the whole section down.

I don't use this cheat much, but if your guys run out of ammo, press up up down down left right left right start select start start.  Free replen!

ArmyRick said:
-Prep for Battle
-Reaction to effective enemy fire
-locate the enemy
-win the fire fight
-Approach
-assault
-consolidation

Knowing the theory is fine but practice makes perfect. If you were trained properly a day or two of refreshers should get your head back into it.

I had to note that this was Armyrick's 666th post! NICE.....

LMAO about the video game part, I'm crying!!!!

AHAHAHAHA!  :p
blimey, I love the army.
By the way, I don't have a bloody section commander right now. I don't even actually have a unit because i'm in the middle of a transfer. The other thing is, for reservists, we are on stand down right now. They don't have "Riflemen" in the reg force dude.
oh, and darn it, you forgot about the bazookas!!!!! Start off with the bazzookas right before engaging with machine guns. VERY useful. Especially if you equip one member of the squad with a lasar designator and you spend extra credits to buy laser-guided bazooka rockets! :D

RiflemanPhil said:
They don't have "Riflemen" in the reg force dude.

They don't you? you mean the army lied to me all those years when I signed PDR's my job title was "Rifleman". Man someone better tell our CoC they might want to hear the  news that we haven't Rifleman...

Oh man  ::)

The regs are more progressive.  They're Riflepersons there.

"Rifleman" is a rank in some reserve regiments.  I only know of one, the one I'm thinking of wore a laniard as a rank for these individuals.

:brickwall:

Are you SERIOUS?????

I don't believe that the term "infanteer" is real english, but I are one. Hell I could be wrong about being a rifleman too. Maybe I'm not in the army. WHO AM I!?!?!?! WHAT AM I?!?!?!?

This has been a thought provoking and interesting topic.

I seem to remember in my Riot Control Trg the orders to "Number 1 Rifleman, 1 o'clock, 100 meters, little old lady in black dress crossing tape, Fire!"

RiflemanPhil said:
They don't have "Riflemen" in the reg force dude.

I too have been on the recieving end of some false PDRs then - and I've written a few too - OH NO!!

Where are you getting this mis - information from?

HollywoodHitman said:
I don't believe that the term "infanteer" is real english, but I are one. Hell I could be wrong about being a rifleman too. Maybe I'm not in the army. WHO AM I!?!?!?! WHAT AM I?!?!?!?
You are either an "Infantryman" (an NCM in the infantry corps) or an "Infantry Officer" (self-explanatory).  That is your trade.  Your specific job could be driver, Gunner, Machine Gunner, Crew Commander, Rifleman or any other myriad of specific jobs within the infantry, none of which has anything to do with mortars anymore (sadly.  Man, maybe I should drop this whole "mortar" thing?  I mean, it's been four years for me!!!)

Von Garvin, don't drop it, mortars rock and still have a place on the battle field...

ArmyRick said:
mortars...have a place on the battle field...
as a number of Marines and US Army pers (with first-hand experience), told a forum full of Canadian officers (with none) some short while ago, and were pooh-poohed by same ::) (principally the individual responsible for removing the most effective weapon, less the radio, from the Infantry Battalions in the first place, and should be dishonourably discharged for doing so).

How's that for a rant + tangent + run-on sentence combined?

He was referring to the use of Rifleman as a rank for trained privates in a Rifle Regiment. Not to be cofused with the job of rifleman in an infantry section (which can be a Private or Corporal) ::)

That's all great information and mis-information. BUT, I'm still wondering if you could review the unlimited ammo procedure for my section again....was it up up down down left right...AAAAHHh forget it...I'll stick to double tap, dash, down  crawl ,sights , observe....Always worked for me.

Cdn. Royal said:
...I'll stick to double tap, dash, down  crawl ,sights , observe....Always worked for me.

That gives you an unlimited ammo resupp?  Kool!   ;D

Cdn. Royal said:
That's all great information and mis-information. BUT, I'm still wondering if you could review the unlimited ammo procedure for my section again....was it up up down down left right...AAAAHHh forget it...I'll stick to double tap, dash, down  crawl ,sights , observe....Always worked for me.
That's double tap, dash down crawl OBSERVE, sights, fire.  Geesh, I've had seven heart attacks and I'm not above having another!  (sorry, just couldn't ignore the obvious chance to get in a Simpson's reference)

;D

As for dropping the mortar thing, of course mortars remain in the army (81s with the Artillery, 60's with the infantry).  I just want it back in the battalion is all (just as it was).  

Another peeve, and this one is the infantry's fault, is that we have collectively dropped the ball on the employment of the 60 at the company level.  Consider the footage of the recent combat in Afghanistan.  Yes, M203s were used, as well as LAVs, GPMGs etc.  Now, assume that the four 60s in the coy were sited as a group with their bipods, etc.  No longer would that platoon commander have to wait for his airburst (though the 155 airburst is quite nice, indeed!!!!!), he could have used HE on not only the targets being engaged, but on targets further in depth.  After all, the 60 when on the bipod is the longest ranged weapon in the entire battalion! (longer than the 25mm.  I'm not saying the range for obvious reasons).  Four 60s together firing can do quite a bit for you!
Supplement that with the 81 firing from farther back and with the 155 from even farther back, and there is one heck of a superimposition (is that a word?) on the enemy!

OK, /rant off/

Back to your regularly scheduled subjects

George Wallace said:
That gives you an unlimited ammo resupp?  Kool!   ;D

Did I blend two thoughts into one subject again...man and to think the docs said I am too young to suffer from APS....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back