• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Salute with arms vs. Present Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

davies.jd

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been reading the CF manual of drill and ceremonial and here's a question for you.  Where is the line drawn between a normal "salute with arms"
and the "present arms"?  The manual says the "present arms" is a ceremonial salute, whereas I would assume the "salute with arms" is a normal
salute.

So here's some examples:

If I'm walking across the base with my rifle and the National Anthem starts playing should I do a normal salute or present arms?
What if I'm walking down the street and the Queen happens to walk by?  Should I just give her a regular old slap on the forestock?

roxie roller said:
What if I'm walking down the street and the Queen happens to walk by?  Should I just give her a regular old slap on the forestock?

Must ....resist...temptation....to...use...this...line....in...mocking....manner......

dileas

tess

Your assumption is correct, salute with arms is a standard salute where you happen to be carrying a rifle. For both your examples, a standard salute with arms is appropriate.

Present Arms is generally done with formed groups on parade, where there is a dignitary or inspecting officer. Rarely is Present Arms done by individuals. Of course with any general rule, there are exceptions, but this is the case for 99% of the time.

That said, if you happen to be walking down the street and the Queen walks by, I doubt her security entourage would allow anyone holding a rifle to get within "saluting" distance.

the 48th regulator said:
Must ....resist...temptation....to...use...this...line....in...mocking....manner......

dileas

tess
It took me a bit to grasp what you were talking about...then it hit me!!!

You owe me a new monitor!!!  HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHahr de har har    ROFLMAO~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back