• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP PLT Stats

2fly

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, I was looking at some of the plt stats for ROTP and CEOTP.  From this year (08/09) it looks like the number of slots for ROTP PLT is 51 and the number of applicants is 548 with no offers on the table yet (for those waiting).  Wow, everyone wants to be plt.  8)

Where'd you hear 51 2fly? IIRC, the intake last year was in the 70's, it seems odd it would go down seeing as the CF lowered vision standards and now accepts laser eye surgery.

CFRG's Recruiting Status fy 08/09 ROTP/SEP SIP=51 as of 18 Apr 08.

benny88 said:
it seems odd it would go down seeing as the CF lowered vision standards and now accepts laser eye surgery.

One has nothing to do with the other

I personally have beat odds worse than that.  Don't sweat it since it could and has been worse.

CDN Aviator said:
One has nothing to do with the other

True as I guess they had more applicants than spots before the lowering of the standards, sorry, wasn't thinking.

Corey Darling said:
So a 1 in 10 change ..... yikes.

That would be if it were a lottery. It is not. Do everything you can to help your application and good luck.

Hi all,

I'm an ROTP applicant and recieved a conditional offer for Air Operations.  My number 1 choice is pilot and have been told that I am awaiting an AirCrew Selection slot.  Is anyone else in the same boat?

Welcome to the site, you are one of MANY that are ROTP applicants awaiting ASC (AirCrews Selection Course).  There are a couple of ROTP's on here (right Cory  ^-^) that are going on the ASC with some of us Internal CEOTP members on Saturday.

Thanks for the reply... I was curious to whether anybody knows what the maximum allowable height of pilots is?  I'm about 6'4" with quite long legs so I've been under the impression for quite a long time that I am too tall.  Have the new anthropometric procedures and standards at AirCrew testing changed the limits at all?

Cheers,

Jeff

There are a couple of ROTP's on here (right Cory  ) that are going on the ASC with some of us Internal CEOTP members on Saturday.

;)

Just spent 600$ on some dual practice lol. Mostly instrument work. so expensive :(

I was wondering, are those ~550 applicants only those making it to ASC, or the total number who initially applied for pilot? I suppose once ASC weeds a bunch of us out, the odds will be better for those who can pass. :)

You guys are expending time and energy focussing on things you cant control........

BarthJD said:
Thanks for the reply... I was curious to whether anybody knows what the maximum allowable height of pilots is?  I'm about 6'4" with quite long legs so I've been under the impression for quite a long time that I am too tall.  Have the new anthropometric procedures and standards at AirCrew testing changed the limits at all?

Cheers,

Jeff

You'll find out soon enough, and there's nothing you can do to change it. From what I've heard 6'4 is not out of the ballpark at all. Unless you have garagantuan thighs or something you should be ok for all cockpits.

Hi Moody,

The number from CRFG for the internal CEOTP is only 5.  :eek:

Hi Jeff,

I have a friend of mine that is a pilot and he is 6'7" with long legs and he made it through the training for multi.

CDN Aviator said:
You guys are expending time and energy focussing on things you cant control........

That my friend, is the story of my life.  :salute:  Then again, us in the mobb spend a fair amount of time working on things we cannot control. :)

Corey Darling said:
;)

Just spent 600$ on some dual practice lol. Mostly instrument work. so expensive :(

I was wondering, are those ~550 applicants only those making it to ASC, or the total number who initially applied for pilot? I suppose once ASC weeds a bunch of us out, the odds will be better for those who can pass. :)

Hi Corey,

Those are just the applicants.  The top pics get sent for ASC and the selection is from those that pass. :)

2fly said:
Hi Moody,

The number from CRFG for the internal CEOTP is only 5.  :eek:

The writing was on the wall given the changes that have been intoduced lately. Thanks 2fly; I am twice as happy about my decision now.

Back