• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

The incongruous said:
Happy new year to you guys too and good luck on your ongoing applications. I'm done with my process so it's the waiting game for me.

The wait actually isn't too bad (well it hasn't been for me). I was done the process this past August and time has just flown by since then...It'll be March in no time. It would still be nice for the decision to come even quicker! Happy New Year though everyone, and good luck with the ROTP process in the 2010!  :)

Hello fellow applicants!

I came back from the Aircrew Selection last month, unsuccessful in the sim part, so I put 3 new choices on my ROTP application(Logistics/Armoured/Artillery). I remember the counsellor telling me that they have received a mail from RMC stating my application has been reviewed and found suitable in all Arts & Science/Engineer programs in both RMC and Civy U. Later he told me to apply to Civy U's as well if I haven't done so.

Did anyone else receive such news like I did? Does this mean that the RMC verifies your application 'first' then process it to the selection board? or does this mean that my chance of getting in is higher?

I tried to ask this to the counsellor but the recruiting centre at the time was very busy so I really didn't want to bother them by asking twice.

I'm not sure if I should be excited to hear that or if it's something else.

Thanks guys, good luck :)

As for you, I was told that my application was found suitable for a degree in arts so I had the same question as you.

My application is going to be tight. Getting it in this week hopefully so I'll have a month to do CFAT, Medical, Interview.

I was also told to be found suitable for civy u but not for RMC since i'm in 2nd year already at civy u. I also saw a little flow chart somewhere in one of the cubicles at the recruiting centre and i believe all the applications are being sent for a sort of pre-screening process, followed by the selection board later on.

Just waiting to hear back at this point.

Everything went great. I'm just hoping my medical history, though no current problems, doesn't hold me back.

I was told that the CF - ROTP Pilot occupation quota had been filled for this year, and were no longer accepting Pilots until after March 31st. I'm not sure I fully understand this though, how could the quota be filled if ROTP applications are not due until January 15th of this year? Perhaps someone else has heard of something along these lines?
Thank you.

Ashbringer said:
I was told that the CF - ROTP Pilot occupation quota had been filled for this year, and were no longer accepting Pilots until after March 31st. I'm not sure I fully understand this though, how could the quota be filled if ROTP applications are not due until January 15th of this year? Perhaps someone else has heard of something along these lines?
Thank you.

Well, ROTP applications are not just for Pilots - other occupations are still open so can still be applied for until the 15 Jan deadline. Perhaps, as well, that enough applications for ROTP pilot were recd prior to the deadline (ie early) to fill the avail slots.

Ashbringer said:
Thank you.

Who told you?  Was it a recruiter/someone else in the recruiting system?  I ask because my current understanding is that like the two previous ROTP intakes, applicants are occupationally grouped (eg. "Air Ops") initially, with MOSIDs (eg. "Pilot") assigned after they are in the system for a while (with a few exceptions).

I can see applicants being told applications for pilot are not being accepted, but only in the case that no positions exist for it this year at all. I'm definitely no SME, but that sounds unlikely.

*Update*
I have double checked with some recruiters and others, and I have been informed that the pilot occupation quota has been filled for this fiscal year ending March 31st 2010. This is for DEO only, and the occupation will open back up for recruitment on April 1st 2010. As for ROTP - Pilot, you can still apply for this it is separate from the DEO pilot recruitment quota.

I just found out yesterday that I have my medical and CFAT on the 13th, man this is such a tight squeeze! I applied for pilot, air combat systems officer and air traffic control. I'll need to go for ACS, but I obviously wont get into that before the 15th. Hows this going to work?

Will I have to change my choices or can I do my ACS after the application due date?

Aircrew selection can be done later.  I went there 4 months after my offer was made.  The subject of actually booking it did not even come up until during the "Here's your offer..." call.

I also had my offer for pilot before I completed my aircrew selection. I found out March 9th and then was sent to aircrew two weeks later. When I went to pick up the kit the week before I left, my file  manger kindly looked at me and said "You've got through the recruitment phase, and you've got your offer, now don't screw this up!".

-H

mrmat29 said:
I was also told to be found suitable for civy u but not for RMC since i'm in 2nd year already at civy u. I also saw a little flow chart somewhere in one of the cubicles at the recruiting centre and i believe all the applications are being sent for a sort of pre-screening process, followed by the selection board later on.

I am in the same situation as you. I am in my second year of university therefor they dont want to restart me from scratch at RMC. I have been waiting on the famous merit list since the end of October and I am waiting patiently for the selection board. Any news around what time of March that this board makes there decisions?

Hi! I joined this site purely for get some information on RMC and ROTP. Their website is pretty detailed, but it would be excellent to get some feedback from past, current and aspiring students on their thoughts about RMC.

So I filled out my application, and have my transcript. One problem though is that I'm taking Grade 11 courses only this semester, and all my Grade 12 courses next semester. Also, my Grades aren't the best grades to say the least. Will having a strong extracurricular component raise my chances when my grades are, for lack of better words, crap? I have improved my work habits for this year but only have 1 term marks to prove it. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank You!. =)

Extracurricular activities will definitely raise your chances. Unfortunately, it won't carry you all the way, you still need at least a 70% to be considered for ROTP. The rest is all in the hands of other applicants (to see how competitive ROTP qualification is). Make sure you continue to do well on the current year, you still have that under your control. The interview and aptitude test would also be really important for you to do well on, so study up for those. 

I asked my recruiter about updating my marks, he explained that you can always update them but the problem is you might not get your updated marks into the selection boards on time. Speaking of not getting things in on time, did you hand your application in yet? You need to get your medical and aptitude test done by the 15th so make sure you get your application in ASAP!

I'm handing in my application on Monday, the recruiting centre closed before I got there yesterday and their not open on weekends. I've only started this like a week ago(debating wether to take a year off or not), so I know I'm a bit behind on schedule. What kind of things will be on the aptitude test? Will they take the average of Grade 8-11 Marks, or just the Grade 11 Academic ones? If it's just Grade 11 Academic I barely make it by 74%.

I heard that they would set up the Medical, Interview and Apt.Test for me. Is this true? Or would I have to make an appointment with them?

Thank You! :)

They look at your most recent marks from grade 10 onwards, but they all must be academic ones. The aptitude test is known as the CFAT, just go on google and type in "CFAT" in the search bar, you'll get lots of info on it. What you heard about them setting up your medic, interview and CFAT is true.

The questions you're asking are really easy to find on this site, they've been asked and answered plenty of times before, I suggest you read more on ROTP and RMC online and on this forum if you're serious.

I've got another question, Arcany, about updating marks: What if some of the marks we had when we submitted our application have gone down since then? For example, I had a 75% in Mathematics when I submitted my application, not too great, but passable. I had a rather bad unit, and then failed a test, and that mark has gone far down. I might be able to recover and end this semester in the mid to high 60s. Will they still judge me based on my 75%, or will they look at the more recent marks?

Haha, something similar is happening to me too, except this is happening to me in physics. They're going to look at your most recent mark, so just don't update your marks. BUT, I'm not sure if that's a good thing, I just know I wont be updating my marks. 

Back