• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

curious22 said:
Was also told that intake for pilot last year was "0" as there are too many pilots and they are behind in training. The only way to get pilot is RMC and maybe UWO CAMP but scolarship will not cover flight traing costs anymore.

As for your comment about the intake of 0 pilots last year, I know this is not true. I have talked to ROTP applicants who were selected last year for Air Ops and another who, just last year, after his first year of subsidized uni, was selected into the Pilot trade. Also, these ROTP applicants I have talked to all attend Civilian Universities. You may have misunderstood the recruiter. I believe there was an intake of 0 pilots for DEO last year but I highly doubt there would be 0 intake for pilot for ROTP applicants.

Also, your mention of "there are too many pilots" is not true. There is actually a need for pilots right now. But as you said there is a training backlog.

mrmat29 said:
I had a not-so-good experience with CFRC Toronto as well. I applied early september for ROTP and i waited almost a month for them to schedule my CFAT. Luckily i went down there a few days ago to check on my application and they accidentally closed my file. I had it reopened and scheduled my CFAT for November 17.

Your lucky that you can go in, I can't really, I have to rely on my CFRC here in Barrie to contact them and to have them send in my CF50. And all's the CFRC can do here is send them countless emails and phone messages. I'm seriously worried about what happens when they send my ROTP application down there to have it processed and sent up to Kingston! I'm seriously un-impressed!

I just wrote my CFAT on Tuesday! I qualify as an officer so that was a weight off my shoulders!
Im totally new to the military, anyone else like me?
Any other girls applying??
:cdn: November 11th- REMEMBER

I had my interview on Wednesday, Nov. 4, here in Barrie and it was possibly the best interview I ever had.  Actually the whole process through the Barrie CFRC has been amazing.  Even the dealings with Toronto.  I had my medical and had to get my eyes tested by a doctor, so I faxed the form from the doctors the next morning.  I called Toronto that afternoon and they said they had already sent my file to Ottawa. 

The interview in Barrie though was very relaxed and the Captain was quite funny and reassuring.  I am glad to say I passed my interview.  It was actually more like a casual conversation than an interview.  So to all who haven't had theirs yet, I hope they have all teh success and remember, be relaxed.

Good luck to all.

NO Hopeful said:
I had my interview on Wednesday, Nov. 4, here in Barrie and it was possibly the best interview I ever had.  Actually the whole process through the Barrie CFRC has been amazing.  Even the dealings with Toronto.  I had my medical and had to get my eyes tested by a doctor, so I faxed the form from the doctors the next morning.  I called Toronto that afternoon and they said they had already sent my file to Ottawa. 

The interview in Barrie though was very relaxed and the Captain was quite funny and reassuring.  I am glad to say I passed my interview.  It was actually more like a casual conversation than an interview.  So to all who haven't had theirs yet, I hope they have all teh success and remember, be relaxed.

Good luck to all.

You mention you had to get a form faxed from your doctor regarding your eyes. I also have glasses and i was wondering what form i will be needing for my medical. I need to get everything ready as i'm a bit behind schedule with my application. And btw good job with your interview!

Cheers

Successfully passed my CFAT. After harassing the intendant for a few minutes, I even managed to get my medical test 2 weeks earlier. Sweet!

Hey guys, I guess im abit behind in the application dept... I should be submitting my app within about a week. I'm looking forward to going through this experience with all of you! I tried a sample CFAT, it isn't as hard as I thought it would be... is the real deal any different from the sample?

mrmat29 said:
You mention you had to get a form faxed from your doctor regarding your eyes. I also have glasses and i was wondering what form i will be needing for my medical. I need to get everything ready as i'm a bit behind schedule with my application. And btw good job with your interview!

Cheers

The form I had to fax from the Optometrist was for an vision check due to having Lasik surgery 10 years ago.  It was no big deal, it also turns out my vision is -0.25.  They also had to check my night vision.  Just take your glasses with you to the medical and if you pass their vision test all should be fine, or so I was told.  I was unaware of my vision being slightly nearsighted. 

Good Luck

NO Hopeful said:
The form I had to fax from the Optometrist was for an vision check due to having Lasik surgery 10 years ago.  It was no big deal, it also turns out my vision is -0.25.  They also had to check my night vision.  Just take your glasses with you to the medical and if you pass their vision test all should be fine, or so I was told.  I was unaware of my vision being slightly nearsighted. 

Good Luck

Thanks. Does anybody know if i need a form for my eyes? My vision's something around -2.85 on one eye and -2.75 on the other. No surgeries or anything done on my eyes. I wear glasses while in class and contacts while playing sports.

hey guys,

im in my first year of nursing at UNB, and im trying to decide whether or not i want to do ROTP or not. I currently have an application in for CIC, and have completed my medical so far, so switching it over would be pretty simple. I was in the forces last year as an NCM, but was not as physically fit as i thought i was, so did not make it through BMQ. Im currently working more on my fitness in case i do decide to go the ROTP route. it will be easier now that i know what to expect and what physical standards to be at. as for the CFAT, i did it last year, and scored high enough to do any occupation. and just my word of advice, it is much harder than the practice ones on the website.  good luck everybody :yellow:

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've had anything on the go with my application, or so I thought. Apparently a lot of things happened, I just didn't find out about them until now! Just a bit of background, I had failed my medical in the spring, but got my doctor to send them a letter over the summer, which has resulted in me passing the medical. Yay! Only downside is, I apparently was given the go on my medical a day after my file was closed! And I didn't get the letter until today, despite it being sent in August, because of some mix up with my mail. So overall, boo for more paperwork, but I'm just tickled pink right now! But yeah, so now I'll get that stuff in then see where we go from there. Fingers crossed for aircrew selection boards!

I sent my app in today, other than the comment about how most of my references did not know me for 5 years made by the sgt there everything else went fine... Hopefully I don't get screwed over too much. Its hard to find reliable individuals that you would want to use as a reference that you've known for five years when you're only 17. Hopefully I can get this done in short order ehh?

terminator50 said:
I sent my app in today, other than the comment about how most of my references did not know me for 5 years made by the sgt there everything else went fine... Hopefully I don't get screwed over too much. Its hard to find reliable individuals that you would want to use as a reference that you've known for five years when you're only 17. Hopefully I can get this done in short order ehh?

I was told that if you were under 21 your references must have known you since you were 16 (for you that means at least 1 year). Three of mine were 4+ but two were less than 3... and I'm 18. Nothing was mentioned to me when we looked over my application. Does anyone known when they check references? Mine haven't been called yet and i have my CFAT tmr morning.

Just an update to everyone: I had my CFAT this morning and i passed. They are now sending my file to the RMC to check whether or not i'm eligible. They told me that since i'm already attending university the process will be slightly different than those that are applying out of high school. I've also booked my medical and interview for December 1st - however they told me i am not required to take a physical until i "move out". Did you guys have to book a PT?

Yeah, I also had troubles finding people that knew me in an educational/professional relationship for 5 years when I've only been alive for 17 :D

Got my power pilot and glider pilot licenses with the RCACS after spending 4 months of AFB Comox on C-150's and the SGS-233A's, but decided to make the switch to green with Logistics in the RETP... Loved living/training on CF bases and w/cadets, but I still want to help out with the family business. Booked for CFAT in two weeks, best of luck to all applicants!

I got the call today, and I will be doing both CFAT and the medical exam next wed.... The process is going faster than I thought!

hey im new to this whole ROTP thing, when I go to hand my forms in do they make dates then or call? and also does anyone know the rules for the civi U? i was told its a 50km raidus from where your staying or something like that? any info would be much appreciated.

R.Campbell said:
hey im new to this whole ROTP thing, when I go to hand my forms in do they make dates then or call? and also does anyone know the rules for the civi U? i was told its a 50km raidus from where your staying or something like that? any info would be much appreciated.

Hey, I applied at CFRC Toronto and i was told i was gonna get a call with the date of my aptitude test. However, due to some unforeseen impedences i ended up going down to the recruiting center to schedule my aptitude test. After i finished my aptitude test, they also scheduled my medical and interview on the spot. It depends on the recruiting centre and the way they handle things. As for the civi u restriction i'm not really sure, but from the best of my knowledge i believe there is no such restriction.

Back