• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobydoo

Inactive
Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been mentioned some where on another thread............ I have been hearing that the military is getting rid of RFT program.. I know there was success with RFT..I apologize for repeating myself.. but someone was asking about it... I tried asking at the recruiting center they did not know for sure... I would appreciate it if someone could tell me.

No they will not stop the RFT program, so far the program is working very good but there might be some minor change as example; you will have to do a minimum on the PT test to be eligible to go on RFT if you do not meet that you will be release right away

Just a bit of a bcakgrounder, when I arrived in ST-Jean for IAP/BOTP in August RFT Platoon was Company Strength, the scuttlebut around the school this fall is that RFT candidates must reach certain minimuns to be determined by PSP to be eligible to go to RFT. Keep in mind the change is still scuttlebut

To give an idea as to how much they are NOT going to get rid of RFT (also goes to show how packed St-Jean is) they are currently setting up mod-trailers for use as housing. Now from what I've heard on base it is for the PAT/PAR platoons, or if you ask someone else it's for RFT. Either way there are so many folks in those platoons they need to accomodate them. I very much doubt they are getting rid of RFT though, it is in fact working wonders by prepping recruits both physically AND mentally for platoon placement.

RFT has been going for a while now.Has anyone seen any studies in reference to:

-Number who fail off RFT(release)
-number who join onto a BMQ serial and fail/release
-avg time spent on RFT

Also be interested if the CF are planning on tracking these individuals over the next few years to see their progress.

X-mo-1979 said:
Also be interested if the CF are planning on tracking these individuals over the next few years to see their progress.

Is there a precedent to do so? What groups do we track now over time to measure effectiveness of any intake or training method?

Michael O`Leary said:
Is there a precedent to do so? What groups do we track now over time to measure effectiveness of any intake or training method?

Just wondering if any studies are in place where it was a fairly new idea.
Like anything new I would think that there would be some analysis done,to see if the idea is worth it or not.
Analysis isnt much good without the follow up,unless they look at BMQ graduation as the endstate.(Which would be a flawed system IMHO)

As for other groups I couldnt say.

Be interesting to see numbers/charts.
Hopefully someone has a Powerpoint on it somewhere. ;)

From seeing faces around the Mega I can tell that RFT burns through a lot of candidates, however, with that being said I don't have much time to make nice with a lot of the RFT folk (I know a couple were from my platoon, but I don't ask the turnaround). I agree, it would be nice to see some stats on it in the long run. Those that made it sure work their tails off once they hit platoon.

The new trailer are for PAT/PAR only the RFT are staying on the 12 floors of the blue sector, because the stairs are part of their training.  And for all the stats yes we are keeping track of it.  For number it is pretty easy we loose 1/4 voluntary release and about 1/3 medical, the remainder at about 95% do pass the completed PT test inside 2 months.  After one month about 95% of them all pass the VO2 max(Running Part) portion of the test and after that is push ups.  So the program do work and I don't think RFT will be leaving soon especially when this years alone they bought treadmill and weight for about 250 000$
That was it for me have a good Christmas and stay in shape

Thanks for the replies.. I appreciate it.. When I was in St Jean I had instructors tell us that RFT will be weaned out... I am glad to hear that it is not..It works I have seen it first hand... I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for clearing that up for me machine. You know how things get morphed in St-Jean to something they are not. And thanks for the stats too.

machine463 said:
The new trailer are for PAT/PAR only the RFT are staying on the 12 floors of the blue sector, because the stairs are part of their training.  And for all the stats yes we are keeping track of it.  For number it is pretty easy we loose 1/4 voluntary release and about 1/3 medical, the remainder at about 95% do pass the completed PT test inside 2 months.  After one month about 95% of them all pass the VO2 max(Running Part) portion of the test and after that is push ups.  So the program do work and I don't think RFT will be leaving soon especially when this years alone they bought treadmill and weight for about 250 000$
That was it for me have a good Christmas and stay in shape

Are these hard statistics or your observations?
Do you happen to have any hard stats from any study done?

Yes we do have all the stats in our office.  We are the one keeping the stats up to date with the help of the PSP staff

Howdy Folks,

I am wondering if anyone knows how RFT PL works?  I understand that it's to assist in bringing recruits up to the basic military fitness standards, but does anyone know exactly how it works?  Is it simply the same program but with extra PT?  Or, is it mostly PT and only once you can meet the physical requirements do you take on the regular learning program? Any idea on what a typical day would look like? 

I'm very curious about this initiative, as well as how well it has been working.

Tony

As well Here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52772.0.html

Hi,
I'm a new MWSABMQ (Mother-With-Son-at-BMQ); it's my own coinage/I'm a civilian and sure appreciate your website. Just wondering what happens when a recruit sustains minor injuries preventing him from being able to perform PT. As in, shin splints with lower leg and foot swelling.  Does the recruit get sent to RFT PO? Or does the recruit get SBH (Sent-Back-Home).

Thank you for defending the rest of us Canadians (and keep up the good work inventing new acronyms to keep us civilians on our toes)!

I believe it depends on how long he will be laid up for. If he heals fast, he may, depending on the platoon staff, stay on his course. He most likely will be placed on PAT if his condition fails to improve. It is my understanding that only when someone is medically unfit for training, and I mean seriously messed up, then they will send them home. I hope this helps. If you want you can PM me if you have any questions. (I'm a recent grad, some of it is still in my head) Keep up the good work on the acronyms, we know the military doesn't have enough of em. :D

I'm on RFT right now, 2nd phase.  The stats we were given is that about 25% VR or MR during RFT.  97% of those that stick with the program will return back to a platoon, but of those numbers, less than 25% will make it to graduation.  I don't have any hard facts to back it up, that is just what we were told by our staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back