• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Return of the Army Forage Cap?

Brihard said:
'Ow do you know she's a witch?
She turned me into newt! ;D

Jim Seggie said:
I say we have the mods delete this thread in its entirety, and we shall NOT speak the evil words "forage cap"  for  least three years.....not one , not four but three.
Or we convene a Spanish Inquistion.......

So you're suggesting a paraphrase of the Book of Armaments?  ;D

"First shalt thou [delete this thread in its entirety], then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then [speaketh thou the words 'forage cap' towards thy foe, the speaking of which causeth a return of ill-causing desires to army personnel everywhere.]" Amen.  >:D

As far as the forage cap goes, I agree with leaving it to the navy or specific regiments. Specific regiments use different ones which actually look quite sharp and the forage cap fits well with the naval uniform, but the CF standard army and air caps look(ed) rather atrocious IMO.

Then ye have no say - ewe geet to weer a Balmoral or Glengarry ye horrible weee man  >:D.

MM

Do tell what Highland Regt wears a forage cap - this would be a new thing to me?

dapaterson said:
Those in the photo are from the Governor General's Foot Guards (GGFG).  They wear the forage cap.  And in this instance I fully support their desire to be unique and different from all others.  Because I don't want to wear the damned thing.

Edit to add:  The officer is from the GGFG; the two troops are from the Canadian Grenadier Guards (CGG).  My point still stands...

Those are also not CF green bus driver caps, they're Guardsmans caps, quite a different animal, old boy.

Corrections Canada:
http://www.canadiancorrections.com/mandressuniform2.jpg

Very similar to Fire and EMS.

mariomike said:
Corrections Canada:
http://www.canadiancorrections.com/mandressuniform2.jpg

Very similar to Fire and EMS.

The only time I've seen paramedics wearing their forage caps is in a dress uniform.  Fire, usually the same.  Cops - yes, but I notice even the RCMP and some of the city cops around here don't wear them as often as they used to.

Marshall - sorry to hear that  >:D

MM

medicineman said:
The only time I've seen paramedics wearing their forage caps is in a dress uniform. 

Very true, MM. You never wear a dress uniform on the job. Mine just hung in the closet.

The Russians have a purpose for them - it allows you to figure out rank at a great distance - the bigger the forage cap, the higher the rank. Kind of like hats in the Vatican.....

I've always wondered - just what do they put inside them? Is there enough surface area for them to get airborne in high winds? Is that where the kept their melmac plate, cup and KFS?

Good dress and high standard of personal appearance has been shown to increase morale. there for effective immediately forge caps will be re-instated as dress. Also to "boost the morale" of the troops, we are effectively bringing back the tan DEUs as well. We must look much tidier in garrison, so we shall also bring back the garrison dress with "honkin" huge boots.

A typical day may go as such
0630 Arrive work PT Strip
0800 First parade at work Garrisson dress (SEction comd inspect first, followed by PL WO and finally CSM)
0900 Next timing, vehicle and weapons maintenance, dress CAD PAT
1100 Prepare for lunch, garrisson dress (Can't go to lunch looking like field troops)
1300 CO parade. DEU
1430 Back to work, garrisson dress
1530 Prepare for dismissal parade (Section comd inspect, PL WO inspect, CSM inspect)
1630 Actual dismissal parade

Oh wait, this looks like a REALLY gay idea, right? IMO, it starts with "brilliant"  ::) ideas like bring back the forge cap. No, no, no!

Or we can continue to move forward and address issues that really matter in the modern CF!

We are cursed. We don't learn from our mistakes as an institution. Forage caps......Garrison Dress, Work Dress, just to name a few.

Army Rick, recall the days of the 0530 hrs inspections? I REALLY thought that was a morale booster!  ;)

Jim Seggie said:
We are cursed. We don't learn from our mistakes as an institution. Forage caps......Garrison Dress, Work Dress, just to name a few.

Army Rick, recall the days of the 0530 hrs inspections? I REALLY thought that was a morale booster!  ;)

I also recall WAAAYYYY too many days that went almost the way Army Rick's example went ::). The only change being the type of dress due to the year(s) it was happening.

medicineman said:
I'll second that - I'm sure there is a Jimmy Cox wannabe somewhere thinking it's a GREAT IDEA to bring that abomination back into routine use with our service dress.  I'll also bet that this freak of nature is reading this and drooling over a potential "Leading Change" bubble on the far right...Hey, Freak of Nature, if you're reading this, read backwards and take heed - I'm watching you  :threat:.

MM

Ack you said the Jiiiiiimmmmmeeeeee word, that's another poor kittie done in. :eek:

Focus on real issues? Heresy! Cardinal Fang, fetch out the Comfy Chair!

If that doesn't work, we will poke you with the soft cushions....

Staff Weenie said:
Focus on real issues? Heresy! Cardinal Fang, fetch out the Comfy Chair!

If that doesn't work, we will poke you with the soft cushions....

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!

Our chief weapon is surprise and fear...two two weapons, surprise, fear and an almost fanatical dedication to the Forage Cap....and nice camoflage garrison jackets.... ;D >:D

Back