• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017

dapaterson said:
Brookfield gets paid a set fee to deliver services for each relocation file that gets opened.  The payments you get do not come out of their pockets; those are 100% paid by the Crown.

To add to this.  Brookfield has absolutely no incentive to "save money" as it does not affect their revenue one iota.  They get paid the same regardless of how much money Crown spends on moves.  However, Brookfield is accountable for mistakes and does have to re-pay the Crown for any overpayments they make if they are found at fault.  They have been burned more than once.  In the current climate, they follow the contract to the letter and they neither have nor do they exercise any discretion.

I had two moves that the claims were corrected within a year after going through an audit and received additional payment for items the initial agent rejected.  I don't have an issue with them adhering strictly to the rules as anything you do not agree with you can ask to have reviewed.  I haven't even had to ask for the review though.  Will wait on this one to see what comes out of it as I had another move within this period.

CountDC said:
I had two moves that the claims were corrected within a year after going through an audit and received additional payment for items the initial agent rejected.  I don't have an issue with them adhering strictly to the rules as anything you do not agree with you can ask to have reviewed.  I haven't even had to ask for the review though.  Will wait on this one to see what comes out of it as I had another move within this period.

Note that these reviews are not 100%.  Only about 10% of files each year are reviewed in this manner and it's a random sampling, so there is no guarantee that your file will be reviewed.  If they notice trends (e.g. one base seems to be routinely denying an eligible payment), then they will dig deeper.

Anyone know if the pensions/severance pay are done yet?  Just got a Canada Pay deposit in my bank account.  Pension deposit not due until 27-28 Dec.... :dunno:

Retired in March and I also received a similar deposit in Nov with no corresponding pay statement.  Unsure what it is and assume retro severance.  My pension comes into the bank titled Deposit Canada. and this was titled Pay Canada which I believe is the RPPO. 

PMedMoe said:
Anyone know if the pensions/severance pay are done yet?  Just got a Canada Pay deposit in my bank account.  Pension deposit not due until 27-28 Dec.... :dunno:

Did anyone figure out what this payment is yet? I retired summer 2016, got my retro in July 17 and also received unexpected money this month.

There was a retro for your posting allowance, of it was only a few hundred that could be it.

PuckChaser said:
There was a retro for your posting allowance, of it was only a few hundred that could be it.

Don't have that one yet, but I'm tracking and they only owe me around $160, this was around $1100. I'd try the pension office again, but the guy in my letter group never picks up the phone or returns messages...plus it's the holidays.  :subbies:

PuckChaser said:

I think people received an email from Brookfield for that.

Back