• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retired general claims $72K in moving expenses (CTV)

George Wallace said:
Are all our politicians fools to hire complete morons as their advisers? 
Not to mention fool enough to follow bad advice if that's what the morons suggest?  Or ignore good advice if that's what they got?

donaldk said:
CGCS doesn't list a crystal ball  :mad: , but the NSN above should be ordered and sent to CTV .

Code:
Item Identification 
 NSN:  6530-21-865-3389
 DMC:   A 
DPA1:  Gen Inst 2b 
DPA2:  NNNN 

Date CGCS Established:  17-FEB-1972
  STATUS Date:  31-DEC-1999

Last Updated:  01-SEP-2009

ITEM NAME:  ENEMA ADMINISTRATION SET,DISPOSABLE

Characteristic  Reply 
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ITEM DESCRIPTION
  CONSISTS OF A GRADUATED 1500 TO 2000 CC CAPACITY PLASTIC FILM BAG FITTED WITH A 60 INCH ENEMA TUBE,ENEMA SOAP,STERILE LUBRICANT,PLASTIC LINED UNDER PAD,AND ASHUT-OFF CLAMP

USERS:   MS, TA 

RNCC RNVC  Reference Number NCAGE 
5 2  20275-010
3 2  BP3443
 Management Data - from CFSS 
Stock Type:    
 C 
Stock Classification:    
 X 
Stock Item Group:    

IM Advisory:    
 2E 
Tracking Indicator:    

Repairability:    
 A 
Entitlement Checking:    
 NO

Batch Lot Managed in CFSS:    
 NO

Shelf Life:    
 0 (Months)

Quality Assurance:    
 C 
Supply Manager:    
Lead TA:    
 C10K 
SCHC:    

Serial Number Profile:    

Base Unit Of Measure:    

Unit of Issue:    
 EA 
CFSS UOI price:    
 $2.72 

HAZMAT:   

I was wondering who would be curious enough to look up the NSN.  My money was on ArmyVern.  ;)

Bumped with the latest ....
The federal government will no longer cover moving costs for retiring members of the Canadian military who are relocating within a 40-kilometre radius ....
The Info-machine version:
The Government of Canada has announced changes to the Intended Place of Residence (IPR) policy for retiring Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members. Following a review by the Department of National Defence, the Government of Canada is amending the IPR policy to apply only to members moving outside a 40 km radius within a one-year period following their retirement. This change will better align the IPR policy with those of other federal government departments and agencies such as the RCMP. It will also include compassionate exceptions for medical reasons and extenuating personal circumstances ....

So it looks like now you just have to wait a year and still claim IPR in the same city and get that cost move as you're entitled to the move for up to 2 years? Really doesn't look like a huge hit, but the public will see it as us being "fiscally responsible".

Reading the press release, it sounds like it will now have to be in excess of 40 km and within one year of release; the second year will no longer be there either.

I expect a CANFORGEN in short order to provide the details...

I hope there is a grandfather clause, if not the grievances will follow.

kratz said:
I hope there is a grandfather clause, if not the grievances will follow.
Except that one cannot grieve TB policies.

milnews.ca said:
The Government of Canada has announced changes to the Intended Place of Residence (IPR) policy for retiring Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members. Following a review by the Department of National Defence, the Government of Canada is amending the IPR policy to apply only to members moving outside a 40 km radius within a one-year period following their retirement. This change will better align the IPR policy with those of other federal government departments and agencies such as the RCMP. It will also include compassionate exceptions for medical reasons and extenuating personal circumstances ...

So, is there also going to be a review to align other benifits with other department and agencies?  Like interest payment when breaking a mortgage or CMHC insurance?

Serious question for the many admin SMEs here: what about those in PMQs at time of retirement?

They must vacate (within how long?) upon release.  What if they wish to retire in the same city? 

Any provision for that?

Just curious -- this is the first thought that popped into my head upon hearing this.

You will need to wait for the new policy to be published for that answer.

SupersonicMax said:
So, is there also going to be a review to align other benifits with other department and agencies?  Like interest payment when breaking a mortgage or CMHC insurance?

:rofl:

Oh, I'm sorry.  You were serious.  ;)

Wolseleydog said:
Serious question for the many admin SMEs here: what about those in PMQs at time of retirement?

They must vacate (within how long?) upon release.  What if they wish to retire in the same city? 

Any provision for that?

Just curious -- this is the first thought that popped into my head upon hearing this.

And your question has been answered:

Occam said:
CANFORGEN 160/14 CMP 071/14 171505Z SEP 14
CHANGES TO THE INTENDED PLACE OF RESIDENCE POLICY AND ASSOCIATED RELOCATION BENEFITS
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP) DIRECTIVE EFF 16 SEP 14
B. CLARIFICATION BULLETINS 2009 (1-3, 6-14) AND 2010 (1-5)
C. CBI 208 SECTIONS 8-10
D. QR AND O CHAPTER 209 SECTION 2 - RELOCATION EXPENSES
E. CANFORGEN 089/14 CMP 041/14 281403Z MAY 14

A.  .....................................

B.  LOCAL IPR MOVES (40 KM OR LESS FROM DOOR TO DOOR). RELOCATION BENEFITS WILL NO LONGER BE PAYABLE, THEREBY BRINGING CONSISTENCY BETWEEN THE IPR POLICY AND THE WIDER RELOCATION POLICY WITHIN THE CAF WITH RESPECT TO MINIMUM DISTANCE OF A MOVE. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR PERSONNEL WHO ARE REQUIRED TO VACATE CROWN-CONTROLLED ACCOMMODATIONS ON RELEASE/TRANSFER, .........

4  THE AVAILABLE IPR RELOCATION BENEFITS REMAIN UNCHANGED FOR THOSE WHO ARE RELOCATING TO AN IPR LOCATION GREATER THAN 40 KM FROM THEIR CURRENT RESIDENCE

5.  IN ADDITION TO THE CHANGES SUMMARIZED ABOVE, EFFECTIVE 16 SEP 14, ANY TRAINED MEMBER MEDICALLY RELEASED, REGARDLESS OF YEARS OF SERVICE, WILL BE ENTITLED TO AN IPR MOVE TO ANYWHERE IN CANADA

:goodpost:

Thanks for that George.  I didn't realize the CANFORGEN had been issued already.

I'm glad to see that at least they addressed the issue of personnel residing in crown controlled housing.  Not often a policy changes and something "smart" is included in it!

Back