• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservists going on TF 2-08

Kendrik
Even TFs are still up - they just don't have any reserve force personnel attached.

snowy from the sounds of it whether or not there is a TF that your area has slots on, you are not ready to deploy overseas.

As stated earlier in the thread as far as reservists are concerned there are no more standby TF's. For regforce they still exist but with no reservists. Therefore by powers of deduction the tour that you are asking about would be a deploying TF, which again by process of elimination would mean that it is TF 3-08.

All of that being said, deploying to a place like Afghanistan is not a walk in the park, it is not going away to Meaford, or Gagetown, or WATC or wherever for a summer course or tasking. Be honest with yourself and take an introspective look.  Are you mature enough to deploy? Do you have enough experience? Do you feel that you can contribute or will you be a danger or hindrance to your fellow soldiers? Are you over 18 (cant deploy if your not)? I don't mean to cut you down or flame you I'm just trying to point out that these are questions you need to ask yourself. A deployment, particularly your first, will change you and your outlook drastically. I know, mine did. It is a large commitment, for 1-06 I was on contract, with my civvy life on hold for 17 months, not counting leave. Think long and hard as to whether its something you want to commit to.

Well right now I have options such as college and joining reg force as a medic (I've already submitted a component transfer) but as many times as I'd heard it before...the other Thursday when they told us to put our names in for going on tour this last time seemed to stand out to me.  Suddenly the thought of actually going to fight clicked in to me, I realized what I had really signed up for and that its not just to get a pay check and learn how to tie knots it is alot more than that and I could be a part of something worth doing and that would mean something.  Am I ready? maybe not but when I got my head wrapped around the idea of it, my mind was filled with questions and as eager or  irrelivant my posts may have sounded I had to throw them out there to quench my thirst for knowledge.  Guess I've learned enough I'll move on to another topic.

I wasnt trying to flame you or trying to stop you from asking relevant questions. Just pointing some things out to think about.

Back