• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Enrollment PT Test Current and Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm just about to join the Reserves (My tests are in a week) and I was worried about the physical aspects of the tests. I'd like to think that I'm fairly fit, as I played football at school for the past 3 years, and I downhill ski all winter, but I was recently sick and bedridden, so some of my muscle mass has deteriorated, and I'm nervous about the push-up and sit-up parts of the test. Will I fail completely if I can't do them all? (I can do the allotted 19 of each, but not usually after running and swimming)

Thanks,
Polesco

(P.S, I have read all the guidlines and agreements, so plz don't yell at me)

Polesco said:
Hi
I'm just about to join the Reserves (My tests are in a week) and I was worried about the physical aspects of the tests. I'd like to think that I'm fairly fit, as I played football at school for the past 3 years, and I downhill ski all winter, but I was recently sick and bedridden, so some of my muscle mass has deteriorated, and I'm nervous about the push-up and sit-up parts of the test. Will I fail completely if I can't do them all? (I can do the allotted 19 of each, but not usually after running and swimming)

Thanks,
Polesco

(P.S, I have read all the guidlines and agreements, so plz don't yell at me)

You fail one you fail them all.

If you don't think you will pass, call the RC and see if you can schedule it a week or two later. That being said, you do have a week still to train and that should give you enough time to get over 19. I also do recall they used to pay for two express test. You could also train this week and then see how you do. If you fail do it two weeks later.

When I did my express test there was no swimming or running just a step test and then the push ups, sit ups and grip test.

You still have a week to train, just work on what you're not good at. The physical test is pretty easy, and if you have trouble doing the physical test, I can tell you that you will have a much harder time when you're training during BMQ.

There will be no swimming involved, unless stuff have changed. You'll be given a short break for each test.

And, yes you will fail the physical test if you fail one of the tests. But you will be given another opportunity to try it again.

I also confirm that the step test is still used. I just did it today. Mind you, if the change is in April I guess that doesn't mean much.

Merged several similar threads about preparation (or lack thereof, and ensuing anxiety) for the Reserve enrollement PT test.  Since in the most recent post the OP's most pressing question was answered, I will be locking this as well, since the older posts had been locked.  If you have a compelling reason to add something PM me. 

Hatchet Man
Milnet.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back