• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

This from the New York County District Attorney's office ...
DA VANCE: JAMES JACKSON INDICTED ON CHARGES OF MURDER IN THE FIRST AND SECOND DEGREES, AMONG OTHER CHARGES

Defendant Charged With Murder in the First and Second Degrees As an Act of Terrorism, Murder in the Second Degree As a Hate Crime, Among Other Charges, For Fatally Stabbing Timothy Caughman

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., today announced the indictment of JAMES JACKSON, 28, for fatally stabbing 66-year-old Timothy Caughman on March 20, 2017. JACKSON is charged in New York State Supreme Court with Murder in the First and Second Degrees as an Act of Terrorism, Murder in the Second Degree as a Hate Crime, as well as three counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon.[1]

“James Jackson prowled the streets of New York for three days in search of a black person to assassinate in order to launch a campaign of terrorism against our Manhattan community and the values we celebrate,” said District Attorney Vance. “Last week, with total presence of mind, he acted on his plan, randomly selecting a beloved New Yorker solely on the basis of his skin color, and stabbing him repeatedly and publicly on a Midtown street corner. James Jackson wanted to kill black men, planned to kill black men, and then did kill a black man. He chose Midtown as his crime scene because Manhattan is the media capital of the world, and a place where people of different races live together and love one another. We must never take for granted New York’s remarkable diversity. We must celebrate it, protect it, and refuse to let violence and hate undermine the progress we have made as a city, a state, and a nation.”

Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi, Special Counsel to the District Attorney, is handling the prosecution of this case, with the assistance of Assistant District Attorneys Nicholas Penfold and Juan Abreu of Trial Bureau 80, under the supervision of Executive Assistant District Attorney John Irwin, Chief of the Trial Division.

[1] The charges contained in the indictment are merely allegations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. All factual recitations are derived from documents filed in court and statements made on the record in court.

Defendant Information:

JAMES JACKSON, D.O.B. 5/26/1988
Baltimore, MD

Charges:

Murder in the First Degree (in furtherance of an act of terrorism), a class A-I felony, one count
    Murder in the Second Degree as a Crime of Terrorism, a class A-I felony, one count
    Murder in the Second Degree as a Hate Crime, a class A-I felony, one count
    Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, a class A misdemeanor, three counts
More on this one from Google News here.
- mod edit to fix link -

Hope he rots in hell and I hope the dozens of New Yorkers who watched a bleed black man pass them on the sidewalk join him in hell. 

Jewish kid arrested for hoax threats against Jewish centers world wide.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.779087?v=B5A3983820BE90A38603F587C04433A8

I saw a post about an idiot Muslim doing this, I am posting this to show that particular idiocy is not stuck to one religion or ideology only.

Also.. i saw this right before i saw the other post and it has stuck together for a few days so needed to get it out 😂

Abdullah

This from an interesting Q&A with a former FBI undercover cop on radicalization ...
... Q)  When you look at these kinds of white nationalist groups and you look at a group like ISIS or al Qaeda, their ideologies are very different but many of their tactics are the same. When you look at these groups, what are the biggest similarities and what are the biggest differences?

A)  Absolutely. When I left the FBI I wrote a book about this called “Thinking Like a Terrorist” in which I tried to explain that terrorism is a methodology and that all the groups that use terrorism tend to follow the same strategies.

One of the things that surprised me when I went undercover was how much these groups published about their methods and motives. I expected aimless violence, anger, and hatred. Instead, they were handing me pamphlets and literature, and signing me up for newsletters. And all this stuff was open-source, partly because these organizations are clandestine. They can’t directly communicate with one another so the way they communicate is through publication. They promote broadly the methodologies they expect people to use.

A former Klansman named Louis Beam published a piece arguing that groups could no longer afford to be hierarchical because police had gotten good at tracing those hierarchies, no matter what secret methods they tried to use. Instead, people should follow a model of leaderless resistance where groups of likeminded people just come together without direct orders and participate in attacks that they expect would help further the cause.

After 9/11, when there was a focus on al Qaeda, everyone was pretending these things were brand new, but if you knew the tactics you could predict exactly each step they were going to make. And again, all this is published. If you look at the al Qaeda manual it’s really not that different from the Irish Republican Army green book or a lot of the white supremacist documents. There’s even a Brazilian Communist, Carlos Marighella, who was one of the first to put all of this on paper in the Minimanual of the Urban Guerilla.

So it was very frustrating to me in the three years after 9/11 before I left the FBI that we weren’t paying attention to those manuals, paying attention to what those tactics were, and trying to get in front of their tactics. Instead, we did what they wanted us to, which was respond emotionally in a very broad way. This helped them to expand the conflict and, as we can see almost 16 years later, we are continuing to expand that conflict across the globe, where it would have been better to respond in a much more narrowly focused way.
#RadicalizationConvergence?

- mod edit to fix link -

Stretching the thread definition envelope a touch - not extremist, but certainly (eventually discovered to be) non-Muslim - shared under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42) ...
Borussia Dortmund bombs: 'Speculator' charged with bus attack

Police in Germany have charged a man suspected of being behind an attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus.

Rather than having links to radical Islamism, he was a market trader hoping to make money if the price of shares in the team fell, prosecutors say.

The suspect has been charged with attempted murder, triggering explosions and causing serious physical injury.

He has been identified only as Sergej W, and was staying in the team's hotel overlooking the scene of the attack.

Two people needed medical help after three bombs exploded near the bus.

Spanish footballer Marc Bartra underwent wrist surgery and a police officer was treated for shock.

Following the attack on 11 April, Borussia Dortmund's home Champions League match against Monaco was rescheduled a day later, which led Dortmund fans to open their doors to stranded away supporters.

Police initially treated the blast as a terrorist attack.

However, the following week, investigators cast "significant doubt" on jihadist motivations being behind it.

They now say the attack was in fact motivated by financial greed.

Sergej W, 28, would have made about €3.9m euros ($4.2m; £3.2m) from his actions, Germany's Bild newspaper reported.

In a statement on Friday (in German), the German federal prosecutor's office said he has German and Russian nationality.

He was arrested on Friday near Tubingen in Rottenburg, south-west Germany.

The suspect had allegedly bought 15,000 put options on Borussia Dortmund shares - reportedly priced at €78,000 (£65,000; $83,600) - betting that they would drop sharply after the attack.

He would have made large profits if the team's share price collapsed.

Experts have likened the alleged plot to a sophisticated form of insider trading - because he tried to use information not widely available to the public to make money quickly.

He was staying at the team's L'Arrivée hotel in Dortmund on the day of the attack and had moved to a room on the top floor, overlooking the street where it took place, prosecutors say.

The suspect placed the bet on 11 April using an IP address traced to the hotel, after taking out a loan for the money.

What are put options?
  • A put option on a share or other asset is a contract, which allows an investor to sell the asset at an agreed price, on an agreed day in the future
  • If the market price falls before then, the investor can then buy the asset more cheaply on the open market and sell it at the higher, option price to whoever sold the option. The investor pockets the price difference

Investigators believe three explosive devices packed with metal pins were hidden in a hedge and set off as the bus passed.

The bus was damaged about six miles from the Westfalenstadion - officially called Signal Iduna Park - in Dortmund about 90 minutes before kick-off.

Pictures from the scene showed its windows broken and its tyres burst.

- mod edit to fix link -

False flag averted?
Police have arrested a German soldier who had posed as a Syrian refugee on suspicion he was planning an attack, apparently motivated by anti-foreigner sentiment, in a case that prosecutors said Thursday was “more than strange.”

The 28-year-old lieutenant, whose name wasn’t released, faces charges of preparing an act of violence, said Frankfurt prosecutor’s spokeswoman Nadja Niesen.

The officer, who was “of German background” and stationed in France, allegedly stashed a loaded pistol in a bathroom at the Vienna airport that was discovered, leading Austrian authorities to take him into temporary custody when he went to retrieve it in February, Niesen said.

Though under investigation in Austria, authorities there did not keep him in custody and he was arrested in southern Germany on Wednesday.

A 24-year-old student from the soldier’s hometown of Offenbach was also arrested ...

- mod edit to fix link -

An interesting case from Sweden ...

(I stand to be corrected, based on better reading of the source material than just Google Translate, but ...) Swedish media report that some men charged with the bombing of a refugee shelter in February (as well as several other attempted bombings) reportedly received para-military training in Russia by Russian far-rightists alleged to be Russian reserve military officers.  The public prosecutor says there's no indication that the nationalist/white supremecist group the three were associated with -- the Nordic Resistance Movement (NRM)* -- was involved in the bombing (in fact, it looks like the three acted on their own because the group wasn't militant enough).  Although a statement from the public prosecutor's office says the crime was "politically motivated", the media story says it's not being treated as a terror crime because of the lack of NRM involvement.

Original source material here (media story in Swedish) and here (public prosecutor's statement in Swedish) - both attached w/Google English translations.

* - Usual Wikipedia caveats apply.

Attachments

• SWE-GOOG-ENG-ProsecutorStatement-9JUN2017.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 163
  • SWE-article-Swedish-GoogENG.pdf
    113.7 KB · Views: 158
Next it'll be the Judean People's Front getting militant.  Or is that the People's Front of Judea?  I can never get those splitters straight.  ;D

jollyjacktar said:
Next it'll be the Judean People's Front getting militant.  Or is that the People's Front of Judea?  I can never get those splitters straight.  ;D
Some of these group names DO have that feel, don't they?

Meanwhile, two more open source updates from New Jersey's Dep't of Homeland Security ...

- mod edit to fix link -

NOTE:  Not found guilty of terror offences, but the US Attorney's Office statement does say "The defendant solicited people to commit acts of violence in an effort to terrorize a community ..."
On Wednesday, June 14, 2017, Robert Doggart, 65, of Signal Mountain, Tennessee, was sentenced by the Honorable Curtis L. Collier, Senior U.S. District Judge, to serve 235 months in prison for soliciting another person to violate federal civil rights laws by burning down a mosque in Islamberg, a hamlet outside Hancock, New York. Upon his release from prison, he will be supervised by the U.S. Probation Office for three years. Doggart was also found guilty of soliciting another person to commit arson.

Evidence presented at trial established that, in February 2015, the FBI learned through a confidential source that Doggart was recruiting people online to carry out an armed attack on Islamberg, a community that is home to a large Muslim population. Doggart arranged to meet with the confidential source in Nashville, where he discussed details of his plan to burn down a mosque, a school, and a cafeteria in Islamberg. He showed the confidential source maps of Islamberg, laid out the number of guns and types of ammunition they would need to destroy the community, and discussed different ways to burn down a mosque and other buildings. Through a court order, the FBI also began intercepting Doggart’s phone calls, during which he solicited and recruited people to join him in his attack on Islamberg.

Doggart specifically targeted the mosque because it was a religious building and he discussed burning it down or blowing it up with a Molotov cocktail or other explosive device. At trial, the jury heard recorded conversations in which Doggart repeatedly discussed killing people, including one in which Doggart said, “I don’t want to have to kill children, but there’s always collateral damage.”

“People of all faiths have the fundamental right to worship freely, and this administration will not tolerate attempts to violate that right,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “The defendant solicited people to commit acts of violence in an effort to terrorize a community simply because of its Islamic faith. The Justice Department will continue to aggressively investigate and prosecute attacks against our faith-based communities.”

“The people of the Eastern District of Tennessee will not tolerate the type of threats and actions perpetrated by Doggart. The United States Attorney’s Office will aggressively prosecute those who seek to disrupt the safety of our community and others,” said U.S. Attorney Nancy Stallard Harr.

Special Agent in Charge Renae McDermott of the Knoxville Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation states that, “We are committed to investigating violations of federal civil rights statues. We prioritize civil rights investigations which are designed to protect all persons.”

The case was investigated by the FBI, Knoxville Division. Trial Attorney Saeed A. Mody of the Civil Rights Division, Assistant U.S. Attorney Perry H. Piper of the Eastern District of Tennessee, and Trial Attorney Clement McGovern of the National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section, represented the United States at trial.
A bit more on this case from local (Chattanooga, TN) media:

- mod edit to fix link -

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/3538083/london-vehicle-driven-into-pedestrians/amp/

If this wasn't a genuine accident, I'm surprised it took this long for an incident that mirrors previous attacks to occur.

Looks like a white dude drove a car into a crowd of worshippers exiting a mosque. The mosque in question has a history, about twelve + years back, of having been identified as a hotbed of extremism, and carries a certain notoriety as a result. It looks like the governance of the mosque changed over completely in 2005, though I cannot speak to how it is currently. That said it would have been an obvious target for someone doing a surface Google search of a way to target Muslims in London.

At first glance, and obviously subject to all the normal breaking news caveats, it appears that we have an 'eye for an eye' reprisal- a terror attack against innocent civilians in reprisal for terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. This is of course as despicable and evil as any other such attack.

Sadly, disappointingly, and unsurprisingly I'm already seeing some real sacks of crap spouting off about 'karma' and 'reap what you sow' and such. As someone whose life is dedicated to protecting the innocent, that disgusts me.

I saw the report on the news. I'm not going to bother in the least, including reading about it until the police investigation is ended and he is charged or freed. There's so much bullshit in the news today. When even CNN is flat out caught staging lies for the cameras, journalism is no longer something to pay attention to. Editorial or journalisic opinion is just that, opinion. Just like mine. Might be true, but increasingly it appears not to be. They've moved from being news reporters and journalists to storytellers and entertainers.

We don't even get it right here on Milnet. A guy hit pedestrians and because it 'appears' similar to attacks carried out by muslim terrorists, it automatically goes here in a terrorism thread. What if he had a medical problem or was texting. Nope, just like know it all journalists, we've already decided it was a planned attack. Like I've said, I'm not concerning myself until I hear it from sources I think I trust. YMMV.

Let's face it, a lot of people are getting that sinking feeling in our hearts that this is a targeted attack.

I haven't been posting here much to be honest, because I can not seem to reliably connect to the site via my phone.. and my time frame seems to get forever extended regarding joining.

But I will be one of the most relieved people in the world if this turns out to have happened due to a medical reason or even if the guy was driving drunk and it was an accident. Because that will mean that we will not have to worry about reprisal attacks etc, because i think once that gate opens it will be hard to close. But, I have reservations.. for good reasons.

Such as a teen being murdered. But it is not counted as terrorism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fairfax-loudoun-police-searching-for-missing-17-year-old-reported-to-have-been-assaulted/2017/06/18/02e379ac-5466-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html

Or the Portland event, Quebec event etc etc etc a list from the oh so reliable wikipedia.. has a suprising amount of instances of attacks against Muslims.. which sadly makes me think this was intentional.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobic_incidents

But one thing I am noticing is.. we make these idiots sound far more glorious then they deserve. Terrorist and extremist are pejorative terms to us.. but it seems the label 'terrorist' is desired to the idiots attracted to these things. So I hope the media stops using the term and refers to them as 'Mentally Handicapped Individuals' or some other demeaning term. Woops i got off on a tangent sorry.

An online friend of mine is a cop in London allegedly and I have no reason not to believe him.. but hearing about Greenfell tower, the idiotic isis inspired fools and now this.. them poor boys are having it rough lately. My friend told me the day after the fire happened you could smell burnt flesh in the air..

Sorry I will stop now, the medication I am on has me extremely loopy. But basically I can't wait for mankind to collectively grow the heck up and stop killing ourselves.. it is about dang time.

Abdullah

P.s I try to stay out of this thread and not turn it into a tit for tat thread. That is not my intention with my post.. it is just my heart breaks because of what these poor lads in england have been going through.

We are not immune in Canada, with a 5% increase in hate crimes seemingly being driven by a 12% increase in hate crime against Muslims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40252489

Back