• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release For Refusing Course?

nick2k

Inactive
Reaction score
Im currently in the Navy about to go on my QL5 course but i dont want it. This is the second time that they are offering it to me and they said if i refuse it ,i would be released under Administrative Action. If that is true would i be aloud to sign back up if i choose to?

QL5 Course - and your reason for not wanting to take it is,..............................................

i just dont want to be in the navy anymore, its not for me. i tried to remuster but i was denied

I am out of uniform to long to offer options but I am sure someone will steer you in the right direction.
Personally, I would suck it up(for now) and continue being a sailor and use the system to solve your problem.
If all else fails then put in for your VR.

I believe you have to be 1 or 2 years off your QL5 to remuster, anyway.
Does anyone know if this is true?

No that is not true.

CFA0 11-12 is the source on NCM Remusters.  Specifically it states:

204.30(5).
VOLUNTARY OT -GENERAL
15.    Members applying for transfer under any of the voluntary OT programs
must meet the following prerequisites:
     a.   minimum time prerequisites applicable to the OT program being
          considered, excluding LWOP (Leave Without Pay) granted on
          enrolment;

b.   MOC selection standards, detailed in the Canadian Forces Manual
          of NCM Occupation Structure (A-PD-123);

c.   language aptitude and proficiency standards;

d.   MOC medical standards specified in A-MD-154-000/FP-000;

e.   QL 4 qualification.

f.   Only Ptes and Cpls and those MCpls and above who are prepared to
          relinquish their appointment or rank may apply for voluntary OT.

It should also be read in conjunction with ADM HR (MIL) Instruction 05/05

You would find it hard to get back in as they would release you under an item that relects very bad on you such as an admin burden. Best to go on the course and continue to try for a remuster. Perhaps you tried to remuster to the wrong trade - such as one that is not taking in right now?

i think it would be best to go on the course. but the thing i already have civilian qualification but they wont reconize it. and ship life really sucks

Eye In The Sky said:
No that is not true.

CFA0 11-12 is the source on NCM Remusters.  Specifically it states:

204.30(5).
VOLUNTARY OT -GENERAL
15.    Members applying for transfer under any of the voluntary OT programs
must meet the following prerequisites:
     a.  minimum time prerequisites applicable to the OT program being
          considered,
excluding LWOP (Leave Without Pay) granted on
          enrolment;

b.   MOC selection standards, detailed in the Canadian Forces Manual
          of NCM Occupation Structure (A-PD-123);

c.   language aptitude and proficiency standards;

d.   MOC medical standards specified in A-MD-154-000/FP-000;

e.   QL 4 qualification.

f.   Only Ptes and Cpls and those MCpls and above who are prepared to
          relinquish their appointment or rank may apply for voluntary OT.

It should also be read in conjunction with ADM HR (MIL) Instruction 05/05

Minimum times will vary in different Trades. 

Many Trades have NO QL4, so that would mean QL 5 would become the minimum. 

George Wallace said:
Many Trades have NO QL4, so that would mean QL 5 would become the minimum. 

Actually George, its the opposite.  ISS will take QL3 for MOCs with no QL4.  I just went thru this last winter...

nick2k said:
and ship life really sucks

lol - no argument from me!! That's why I picked a posting as far from the ocean as I could get - no ship to shove me on!! ;D

What trade did you want to remuster to ? and how long have you been in for?

nick....
When you applied and you were turned down... what reason did they give you for turning you down?  You have a right to know why.
It's either a valid reason or a frivolous one.  If it's valid - deal with it, if it's the other kind, you can always file a grievance.

geo said:
nick....
When you applied and you were turned down... what reason did they give you for turning you down? 

Having recently been turned down myself, the non selection message only said that i was not selected and that if my circumstances were to change i was encouraged to re-apply.

Hmmm.... didn't have a problem when I went from Infanteer to Sapper.

Mist be all that clean living.... and that was a long, long time ago

nick2k I stongly suggest that you get on with the course while planning your next best step and likewise keep re-applying.  I wish you the best. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what trade and which coast?  Things like this have a lot of politics involved.  There are some very clicky groups in some trades.  They like to say release hoping your bluffing and keep you in the trade to keep numbers up.  On my QL5 we "lost" 6 people the first semester.  Only two due to academics the rest openly didn't want to be there and 3 are now in new trades (all much happier people).  The last guy is adamant he is releasing because they wouldn't allow him to re-muster and re-coursed him.  Seems a waste to me to spend money training people who are likely to release because they are unhappy with the job.  The CF is really hurting if you have a square peg in a round hole now and there are square holes empty they should try and fill them.  It might be best to continue with the training but a Tech course tends to limite your ability to remuster for several years because they just paid to train you.

Back