• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release Certificate.

3VPspecialty

Inactive
Reaction score
Who do I contact, or how do you go about obtaining a written document stating your release from the military?

Is there such thing as a release Certificate? I don't think I received anything upon leaving the military (six years) but that seemed standard for our battalion who weren't always aware or cared to give us anything showing we had left.

Anyway any help on this issue would be great.

Usually you'd get a Certificate of Service on Release, either from the OR or the Release Section.  Often units also locally produced their own certificates that they presented Releasing members.

Once upon a time it was a Release Certificate, CF 707 (7530-21-023-9354).  More recently it was a Certificate of Service.

If you are recently Released, try the Release Section of your last Base. 

Hello Everyone

I received a photocopy of my Certificate of Service today from ATIP stating I had been honourably released etc etc etc.
My question, should I have received a proper Certificate of Service when I was discharged from the Canadian Forces (Militia)
If so I never received one. Not at time of discharge or subsequently 
Is there any way to get a proper hard copy if thats the right way to phrase it, Certificate of Service?
And a second question. Didn't think of it till today.  I was on Flyover Training in Baden Sollengen West Germany with 3 RCR. When we were about to return home we received a certificate saying Cpl _ _ _ _ _ served Pro Patria with 3 RCR.  Now during my life I moved a bit, well quite a bit and this certificate was lost in one of the moves. Can that be replaced?
Thanks in advance for any information

Tom

Back