• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

relationships and postings

nathen

Inactive
Reaction score
does anyone know how it works if you are in a relationship and one of you is at one base and the other is someware else?
for example, an infanteer and a med tech, infanteer in pet and med tech in Bordon. is it possible for the 2 to be at pet.
and if so how do you go about making it happen.
don't mean to sound like a whiny baby or anything just curious.
thanks in advance for the help

IMHO,

it depends on the specifics of your situation. Are you married/common law ?  Kids ? you see what i'm getting at ?  If you are just boyfreind/girlfreind, the military probably wont do much for you.  If you have a formalized realtionship ( ie common law or marriage) then its up to the individual career managers.  Bare in mind that for an infanteer, there's not much in Borden ( as far as i know)...........

Best is to go trough your chain of comand, info them about the situation and your RSM may be getting in touch with you career mangler ( then yours can get in touch with his) to see what can be done.

In an idea world both your career managers would be aware of the situation and work together to ensure you are posted together.  That being said, if one of you is a private infanteer and the other is a OS bosun, the magic eight ball would probably come up with a doesn't look good result.
However Med Tech and Infantry are fairly compatible.  The Med Tech might have a hard time getting an Aeromed slot if desired but it wouldn't be impossible.

Just make sure your career managers are informed, through both of your chains of command.  That way, hopefully, everyone is aware of the situation.  And making people aware of a special case early makes it more of consideration that has to be taken into account rather than a last minute problem that makes life difficult and disrupts plans.

Ditto what Aesop081 posted while i was typing, Boyfriend/Girlfriend means nothing.  Common-law at a min for consideration.

thanks that was actualy allot of help. im only in basic now so i dont exactly know what a career manager is but i imagin that i will know when im out of battle school

Greetings,

Like most other folks commenting so far,I think it is likely some effort would be made on your behalf if the conditions were right, IE formalized relationship, availability of positions etc. On occasion, it will not be possible, and Operational requirements will always outduel individual need. But if both career managers throw their darts at the same spot on the dart board.....you're in.

Cheers

Back