• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References Superthread [Merged]

I've been looking at the recruiting website, I d/l'd the application form but I couldnt find the link for the letters of references.  I got the generic recruiting cd from the CFRC but it dosent have the forms there either, so I was wondering if it is still required. 

Are you sure the letter forms are not on the disk?  Is it the disk with the application on it?  Yes, two standard letters of reference are still required.

All of the forms are on the disk.  I printed off the MP forms and was looking at the regular forms on the disk only a few weeks ago.

Yes, the forms are on the disc but not on the NCM section, they seem to be there for every other section except for that one.  I couldnt find the forms online either and they werent mentioned on the documents you had to bring when handing in your application.

I applied for DEO and my security clearance is being done.

Do CF just call references or personally meet and interview them?

I am questioning this as my references live in smaller towns.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby147 said:
I applied for DEO and my security clearance is being done.

Do CF just call references or personally meet and interview them?

I am questioning this as my references live in smaller towns.

Thanks,

Bobby

Well I don't think you are talking about security clearance since you just have applied so you must be refering to the Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) (5 years) and the references are the two references you handed in with your application?

For the ERC they normally don't call, not meet, your references unless there is something that is unusual or unclear in the reference letters.

kincanucks said:
Well I don't think you are talking about security clearance since you just have applied so you must be refering to the Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) (5 years) and the references are the two references you handed in with your application?

For the ERC they normally don't call, not meet, your references unless there is something that is unusual or unclear in the reference letters.

What about the security clearance one? (Where you need 3 references and one neighborhood reference) Is everything you write in there "just in case"?

No its not there "just in case", DA.  Those references will be contacted.

Thanks kincanucks for your reply.... 

Those three references would be contacted by phone only ????

In the form it is written that if your references live in different geographical area than it will take more time.

Thanks again....

Bobb

Frederik G said:
What about the security clearance one? (Where you need 3 references and one neighborhood reference) Is everything you write in there "just in case"?

Sorry guys...little confused. I thought you only needed two references only. Cheers.  :cdn:

Don't list long lost cousins in Elbownia as a joke. The guys who do the clearances have a budget to meet, just like everything else.  If they can do five other clearances to the cost of doing yours, guess whose gets put on the back burner?

TCBF said:
Don't list long lost cousins in Elbownia as a joke. The guys who do the clearances have a budget to meet, just like everything else.   If they can do five other clearances to the cost of doing yours, guess whose gets put on the back burner?

About that (sorry, it just reminded me of it)... The paragraph about "close relatives" is a bit fuzzy. Do you include all your family, including uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents? Because it says (translating from the French version) "children over 18" that you are related to. And the next line says "your father, your mother, your brothers, your sisters and (...) any person with who you are related to because of unions."

Usually, "famille immédiate" means your parents and siblings, and if applicable your wife/husband, their parents/siblings, and your kids. And if "familly immédiate" includes uncles and such, then what constitutes "famille éloignée"? Your whole family tree? Putting all my family would require more spaces than the form gives me, anyways. (I'm fairly certain I have more cousins than there are spaces)

Sorry to make you lose your time KincanucksMan. Or whoever ends up answering.

Hi I'm applying to be a Pilot from DEO program. I'm doing my ACS next week but I was wondering would it help my file if I told them that one of my reference was a police officer and not just a friend? Is it the case that certain references are given more points than others or are they all treated the same and in that case, don't even bother clarifying that?

Thanks.

ZxExN said:
Hi I'm applying to be a Pilot from DEO program. I'm doing my ACS next week but I was wondering would it help my file if I told them that one of my reference was a police officer and not just a friend? Is it the case that certain references are given more points than others or are they all treated the same and in that case, don't even bother clarifying that?

Thanks.

I'm sure that the CF would treat all references the same. However that being said I'm not 100% sure, you should ask Kincanucks.

Maybe your friend can just add his credentials with his name when he signs the form. One of my references was from a high school friend who is now a dentist, and he just put the Dr. in front of his name when he signed the reference form. If it doesn't get you "more points", it definitely won't hurt you.

References, ahhh my favourite subject especially ROTP SLORs.  When I am preparing to do a ROTP interview, in fact any interview, and I pull out the references and I see the word friend then the reference goes back into the file unread.  So if you really want a job in the CF why wouldn't you put some effort in getting references from people that can honestly and without bias comment on your abilities and attributes?  Just perplexes me sometimes.

Well it's true he's my friend and also a police officer. It's like if I got a reference from my supervisor who is also a good friend. The two are always mutually exclusive. Would it be of any benefit to add to the file his credentials?

make them put "coworker" or "supervisor" when it asks on the form: What is your relation to this person?
Or what I did was, my friends put bad stuff about me when they filled out my forms, make it seem non-biased.

says right on the reference form that you had to of known the person for 5 years.

try using your freinds parents, especially if you spend alot  of time with the family. All the other suggestions seem good to me too. If you don't have anyone that has known you for five years, then go with the ones that have known you the longest and work your way down from there.
Marc

Back