• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References Superthread [Merged]

DND1980,
I am waiting since September last year. When I called few weeks ago they told me to call back in by mid January. As PMedMoe said, everybody's case is different...Some people wait a week and some 6 months.

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________

I know of people who have taken over two years to be processed, and others who have gone from application to enrollment in less than two months.  Everyone is an individual, with their own personal differences, in the process.  Once again; no one can write in stone that your application will be done in an exact timeframe.

Just posting an update. I have been contacted by 3 of my 5 references, saying that they were called by the army. Also, I recieved an e-mail from my recruiter asking should all my references checks come back fine (said should only be a few more days) what the soonest possible date I could start course would be! I will post back when I hear more!

I'm an applicant of ROTP have done the CFAT and passed it, but since it hasn't been 10 years since i came to Canada,
they said i would have to go through the background check which would take anywhere from 6months to a year unless if i get a waiver.
I'm 17 and i came to Canada in 2002 when I was in gr 6, I am a Canadian citizen. The deadline for ROTP/RMC is coming soon and i still
have to go through medical and an interveiw so I'm little worried that i wouldn't make it on time for this year's selection. If i think about
it, i don't think there is any reason why i wouldn't get a waiver, since i was fairly young when i came here. Do you guys know how long
this background check take and do you think i would be able to get everything done on time?

Nobody can really answer that question as everyone's case is different.

i did a search on here, and the armedforces.ca site. and didnt want to make a new thread.

But just to be on the safe side, when they ( the dnd, backcheck form) say close relatives, is that the same as immediate family? Just want to clarify so they dont get mad if I didnt mention my uncles and aunts living in usa, and holland.

But seriously 5 references, 5 years each? thats only going to be family friends. o well, ill get them 5.

Kenyan said:
i did a search on here, and the armedforces.ca site. and didnt want to make a new thread.

But just to be on the safe side, when they ( the dnd, backcheck form) say close relatives, is that the same as immediate family? Just want to clarify so they dont get mad if I didnt mention my uncles and aunts living in usa, and holland.

But seriously 5 references, 5 years each? thats only going to be family friends. o well, ill get them 5.

they asked me if any of my family members were in another country.  In this kind of case - the more information you can provide, the better IMO.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. but i have 8 aunt, and uncles in holland, one uncle in usa, 3 uncles in south africa. gets a little riduclous. one of them used to be a chauffer for the prime minister of holland. grr, will call recruiter tomorrow. am going in person to the kelowna armoury next wednesday, but want all my paperwork done when i meet him, so i can just fill in trades i want, and thats it.

I'm thinking combat engineer, get to build, and demolish stuff. and sig ops, radios and stuff. im interested in medic, but not sure I could handle it :S

**sorry for the mini hijack**

IMMEDIATE FAMILY (IF SINGLE) means:

Mother;
Father;
Brothers; and
Sisters.

IMMEDIATE FAMILY (IF MARRIED) means:

Mother;
Father;
Brothers;
Sisters;
Spouse;
Spouse's Mother;
Spouse's Father;
Spouse's Brothers; and
Spouse's Sisters.

All other RELATIVES who are not immediate family are:

Grand Parents;
Uncles;
Aunts; and
Cousins.

(If married, then those of your spouse as well.)

Clear?

Niteshade said:
Can anyone confirm that the references are called last (AFTER the medical is cleared)?

Thanks,

Nites

My best friend is also in the application process, and although he has only written the CFAT, his references were contacted.  He has NOT had his medical or interview yet.
I have confirmed this with him before posting.

I am still waiting for my background check to come through. It has been a month already. The problem now is that the recruiting officer from my unit told me that he received an email saying that the unit has reached its enrollment limit so I cannot be enrolled right now. How long before I can be enrolled? He mentioned something about asking brigade for overages?

You could be enrolled as early as next week... or next month... or next year.

Reserve units have establishments of XXX number of troops -  they have a payroll budget of XXX XXX $CA based on that same number of troops.  Doesn't make sense to enroll beyond those numbers if the salary isn't in place - does it.

However, as oft happens, while one unit is jammed full of troops, another one, at the other end of the brigade's territory is.... understrengthed & unable to use up that same payroll envelope... so the Brigade may strip positions & payroll from those other units.... they may, they might.... but there are no guarantees that they will.

Good luck - just keep in touch with the unit - continue to show your interest & enthusiasm

Do all medicals go to ottawa or if you clear by %100 does it speed up the proccess?

smittymed said:
Do all medicals go to ottawa or if you clear by %100 does it speed up the proccess?

All recruiting medicals have to be reviewed by the recruiting medical folks in Ottawa.  There was/is a policy that if you are cleared (no outstanding issues) by the CFRC/D medical staff then your process continues while your medical is being reviewed however, if the medical authority disagrees with the CFRC/D med staff then your process stops until you are cleared.

Try clicking the spell check button before you post next time.

My references were called and backcheck was done already, and my medical is not for another week and a half.

I think they do those whenever they have time.

I finished my Interview and medicals yesterday. Then first thing today I heard from all my references that they have been contacted. I aced my medical scored great on the CFAT and had a great interview. only a matter of time now i hope. I have been going through CFRC Halifax and they seem to be on the ball.

I think I am dealing with a very flexible and helpful CFRC! I submitted my application approx. Mid-February, and I've already completed my CFAT and interview. An officer there told me I could be sworn in by the end of March! I'm not going to keep my hopes up, but I am very happy to hear that they are on top of things.
None of my references have been contacted just yet. They told me today that the backcheck has not been started yet. Oh well, I talk to my references on a regular basis, so I will know as soon as soon as they are interviewed.

As for the CFAT, all I can do is regurgitate the advice that was given to me. Get as much sleep as you can, eat a good breakfast (Carbs! Yummy!). And most important, RELAX!

So I have everything completed that was needed I am just awaiting my medical to get cleared and I think my back check. The last time I talked to the recruiter was Feb 19 when I brought him some medical forms that needed to be sent away and reviewed, he said it could take up to 2-3 weeks it has only been one week but I'd like to know if my back check was cleared so would it be alright if I contacted them and asked? or should I just wait until I talk to them about my medical being cleared?

Ok well I've been keeping good contact with most of my references i listed on my application. One of them was contacted the other day but was not home. He called them back today and they said they already have enough information but would keep him on record incase they need more. So my question is do they normally only use only some of the contacts

They don't always call everyone.  As far as I know, 4 of my 5 references were contacted.

Back