• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Red/ Green/ White Poppies- Does The Colour Matter?- Merged

Yes! There are 364 really good reasons not to wear a white poppy on November 11th.

They've picked 11 November to be deliberately inflammatory (realizing that perhaps I've now assisted them in this aim...) and to take away from the real point of Remembrance Day.  This is a political message, pure and simple, brought to you by the same folks who tout "Operation Objection", accuse the CF of deliberately targeting civilians in Afghanistan, and who hold up  OCdt (ret'd) Juarez as an example for others to follow.

One wonders where the money for these poppies actually goes...

Alcibiades said:
What's wrong with this, really?  

It takes nothing away from the red poppy.  After all its not like wearing the red is a call to arms, not at all, it is a symbol of remembrance.  I think working towards peace is a noble goal...one worth fighting for, if necessary.  As it is now.

Cheers,

Mike
They can wear it the rest of the year if they want. At this time of year it detracts from the thoughts for the fallen. Wrong place, wrong time.

Alcibiades said:
What's wrong with this, really?  
Are dead soldiers an appropriate prop for a political statement?  Remembrance Day is to remember our dead; people who died doing what their country asked of them.

"the white poppy was created by the England-based Women's Co-operative Guild in 1933 to symbolize their commitment to work for peace. "

That worked well didn't it.

This is just an echo. Can't they just let it alone for one day?

ProPatria Mike said:
White Poppies...

Ohhh but you edited your post...see your original in my quote.

Needless, November 11th is Remembrance Day. A day to honour and remember our fallen who died fighting for peace. We do this by wearing red poppies, in their honour. Anything less than a red poppy on this day, is simply not on.

The poppies colour was of no matter.....
Once our fallen had bled over them, they were red - forevermore......

To whom it may concern:
We wear a Red Poppy out of tradition to remember the commitment and freedom paid by our fellow-country personnel in uniform, some who have paid the UTIMATE price any human can make.

We in uniform too pray for peace;We wear a Red Poppy NOT to glorify and romanticize war, but to remember our fallen and the sacrifices made,so we and others may live in freedom in a just democratic society without fear.

The history of the world is the world's court of justice.                    History is the science of what never happens twice.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 
        LEST WE FORGET!   

This is insulting! I will not wear a white poppy. I will honor the fallen soldiers wearing a red poppy as always! I respect your right to protest war but this is not the answer. Find another political statement.
          :cdn: :salute:

Welllll ,here we go .Those white poppie endorsing hippies need to pull there head out of there ace.First off how do we get peace by shooting rainbows from our stomachs and hearts from our eyes .
 Ill tell you how you get it's from fighting and dieing ,just like our grandfathers did and just like we do,and for that we wear the red poppie to remember that .Friggin hippies gaaahhh .

Well, if the persons wishing to wear white poppies can do it on Remembrance Day, I would like to bring back another tradition involving white. Do you think that they would take it wrong if I handed out white feathers on every day but November 11th?

I have one red poppy and I've probably donated roughly 20 bucks. I think I gave a cadet 10 bucks in change (I know I saw at least 3 toonies and a couple of loonies in there). Still I will donate more and only wear my one poppy.

Lest we forget. :salute:

In a confrontation between an 80 odd year old vet wearing a red poppy and an insipid, whinging hippie wannabe who is stuck on the 60s wearing a white poppy... my money is on the 80 year old vet. 

When are these peaceniks wannabes going to ever realize that OUR veterans ARE the original marchers for PEACE!

First off how do we get peace by shooting rainbows from our stomachs and hearts from our eyes .
Carebears count down...
ROFL nice dude..Just shows us how weak some Canadians have become.If I come across some of these hippies, they won't like me too much. Trust me I'll leave a nasty scare. ;)

I suppose it is just something that the "Drug Induced" would come up with, and knowing old England's history, I would not be surprised.

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/p/popwhi64.html

The word opium is derived from the Greek opos (juice).
---Description---The plant is an erect, herbaceous annual, varying much in the colourof its flowers, as well as in the shape of the fruit and colour of the seeds. All parts of the plant, but particularly the walls of the capsules, or seed-vessels, contain a system of laticiferous vessels, filled with a white latex.

The flowers vary in colour from pure white to reddish purple. In the wild plant, they are pale lilac with a purple spot at the base of each petal. In England, mostly in Lincolnshire, a variety with pale flowers and whitish seeds is cultivated medicinally for the sake of the capsules. Belgium has usually supplied a proportion of the Poppy Heads used in this country, though those used for fomentations are mostly of home growth.

My concern is the income the Red Poppies generate for the Legion.  Certainly, I don't think the people who are starting this would buy red poppies, but I bet a few fence sitters or some who just don't know the difference will buy the white poppies.  But I guess that's part of the agenda.

Hartnagel explained the white poppy was created by the England-based Women's Co-operative Guild in 1933 to symbolize their commitment to work for peace.
Funny I've never heard of them... also really seems to have been efective in bringing peace to the world.
It's not a slight on the war dead, she said.
Yes it is.
some people are wearing their red poppies with a peace sign in the middle.
In fact so is this.
"The white poppy says, 'Hey, let's think of other ways to resolve the conflict,' " said the self-described non-violence activist.
Well in my humble opinion the white poppy says something very, very different.
"It's forward-thinking, whereas a red poppy is looking back."
WHAT IS IT ABOUT REMEMBRANCE DAY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU HIPPIE FOOL. THIS ONLY GOES TO SHOW HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE IN BRODCASTING YOUR POLITICAL MESSAGE.

How many of those loosers have had any time in a tour overseas ? Perhaps if they spent their time growing up in the face of trouble they would understand what the redpoppy and rememberence day means to us ... those that have had to wear the uniform and had friends/relatives that have paid the ultimate price.

Perhaps they should also move out of their parents house and realize how the real world works.

That day and that symbol are ours. Get off of our coat tails.

Freedom of spech you might say ... remember who got you that right !!! Not the politician, not the journalist, not the peacenik ... it was the soldier.

Back