• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment process: A never-ending roller coaster

smoothrider

Inactive
Reaction score
The recruitment process is such a never-ending roller coaster. I was in University (end of 2007) when I applied first for ROTP then the CF said that I am not eligible for ROTP, so I changed it into MARS officer in 2008. Before that, I had two diplomas, one in Arts and another in Science. I did my CFAT and they said my application was complete. I finished University in 2009 and got a bachelor’s of Arts in Health Sciences. CF called me and said that my application for background check was not complete, so I completed and sent it again in August 2009. Couple of months later, CF called and said that their policy has changed and I am no longer eligible for MARS, but they said that they will still work on my background check, so I waited by working for a year then studying a two-year program in healthcare called the Health Information Management, in fall of 2010. CF called me again and said that their policy has changed and I need to apply for another trade before my background check can be done. Since I had completed the first year of University Physics, Math, geography and chemistry, I applied for Meteorological Technician’s trade in May 2011. I passed my interview and my medical in June 2011. However, CF said since you had your background check expired in April 2011; we need to redo your background check. They also asked me to do a US background check. I did a US background check, it came two weeks ago, and I dropped at the CFRC. Now, it is August 2011 and CF called me today and said that the Met tech trade is closed. They told me to do a new application in January 2012 for any new trade that may open up in April 2012. After more than three years of applying, waiting, and completing this and that it seems such a waste of time. However, I will apply for one last trade in the New Year, and that would be medical technician, since most of degrees and experiences have been health care related. I welcome your comments. –Thank you.

How much time did you actually spend on the application process? (Remembering that the majority here have gone through it) A few days total time?

There are policies and procedures, sometimes they change while you are in the process. That sucks. You ain't the only one it's happened to, though.

The CF does not owe anyone a job, no matter how dedicated they think they have been to the process.

Good luck

I feel your pain buddy. I started year 2 of my recruiting journey this month. Keep your chin up, hit the gym everyday, and in no time you will see the fruits of your labour!

Good luck!

You will get your chance. Don't let your frustrations hijack your determination.

I'm curious as to why you are no longer eligible for MARS.  I don't see anything in your post that would explain that.  Keep in mind that just because an occupation is currently closed to recruiting does not make you ineligible.  It just means we're not enrolling anyone in that occupation at this time.

Have you also looked at Health Care Administration?  It seems to me that you're bouncing all over the place with your occupation choices.  Perhaps you should do some detailed research on them, then make a choice based on what you want to do with your life, not on what's currently available.  Never accept any CF occupation simply because it gets you in the door. If it's not something in which you are truly interested, you will be miserable.

Good luck.

Back