• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

The Czech one was great, the US Army "Army Strong" seemed a little self-righteous but was good just the same.

USMC? I expected more from them. This ad? Pathetic.

The CF ones really caught me off guard when I first saw them.
They are TOTALLY different than anything I've come to expect from CF recruiting.
I liked the recent "STRONG-PROUD" ads and thought they were going in the right direction with that campaign.

This new "FIGHT..." campaign is great!

We've come a long way from the old 1970's/80's "there's no life like it" TV ads with the 'men's glee club' singing the jingle (for anyone who remembers those). ;D  Mind you, so has the CF...

Patrick H. said:
I thought the guy in the USMC ad was gong to lose his arm and turn to the camera to say "I can put my arm back on - you can't... you're not a marine"

I completely forgot about that until just now.  Maybe their target demographic is just a shade to young to catch that. :D

Neither the USMC ad, nor the 2nd Canadian (everything DomOps) ad, included parachuting. Even the Brit Mech Infantry managed to sneak a jump sequence in at the end - - social climbers - - as though Mech guys aren't bunji-corded to their vehicles.  ;D

Journeyman said:
Neither the USMC ad, nor the 2nd Canadian (everything DomOps) ad, included parachuting. Even the Brit Mech Infantry managed to sneak a jump sequence in at the end - - social climbers - - as though Mech guys aren't bunji-corded to their vehicles.  ;D
That would have meant that they would have had to have real soldiers in the shots, not actors....  ;D

I think the new CF recruiting ads are pretty sharp.  I was not really a big fan of the old ones, with the kind of cheesy music and everything, but the new ones seem pretty visceral (not a lot of flash, but a lot of substance).  The American Army/Navy/Airforce ads I find are just too flashy- made for and by the MTV generation with the short attention spans and ADD.  There was Marine corps ad on awhile back with this guy with a sword killing some really poor CGI monster, always made me laugh...Flagrant false advertisement!

Bobby Rico said:
I was not really a big fan of the old ones...

I used to work in a movie theatre and had to see the old ones over and over and over and over when they were part of the pre-trailer ads. Was I brainwashed into wanting to join the military? Perhaps. But I do know that I'd be happy if I didn't have to see them again any time soon.

Dude...I worked at a theater and had to put up with those commercials too...so bad.  The really cheesy guitar riffs and the cheering bugged me.  ;D

George Wallace said:
That would have meant that they would have had to have real soldiers in the shots, not actors....  ;D
Sometimes you do want actors, though  This month's issue of Maclean's has a pull-out ad for the CF.  One picture shows soldiers at boot level only, and they're not polished.

exsemjingo said:
Sometimes you do want actors, though  This month's issue of Maclean's has a pull-out ad for the CF.  One picture shows soldiers at boot level only, and they're not polished.

Were they Parade Boots, or Combat Boots?

The Canadian Forces commercials are a one time deal, the first time I saw it I watched but now it just seems to carry on forever and I usually end up changing the channel within seconds of seeing it.

That Czech one was pretty good...

I really liked this British Army air assault one though:

http://www.army.mod.uk/linked_files/rhqpara/Clip_6_Air_Assult_30sec_EngLg_Prog.wmv

I liked the tempo of the Aussie ones too.

Combat boots.  Of course they get dirty during the day, and taking time to polish them would lengthen the time needed to pose for this ad, but that was the point.

I like the Canadian one, it seems very dignified. I also like the British Infantry one.

I was really surprised when I saw the new Canadian ones on tv last night, blew me away. The USMC video was really dumb, and yes I thought it was a Gillete commercial too. I liked the part with the fan though, reminded me of a "play safe" add that was on tv when I was a kid. The British Mech video was really good as well. The Aussie videos were to techno, good but not for me. The best one is the Czech video, very good.

The Czech had me when they showed the Hind.

The Soviets had some sweet hardware.

National Defence to unveil newest recruiting ads
MA-08.006 - April 14, 2008

Ottawa – The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will unveil the latest television advertisements in the Canadian Forces’ current advertising campaign, Fight, as well as the updated recruitment website (www.forces.ca).

WHAT: Latest Fight advertisements and updated website launch

WHERE: Canadian War Museum, Barney Danson Theatre 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa, ON K1R 1C2

WHEN: Tuesday, April 15th, 2008

TIME: 3:30 pm

Media are asked to arrive at the theatre approximately 30 mins. in advance of the start time. Please confirm your attendance with Nathalie Houle at houle.mn@forces.gc.ca by 10:00am Tuesday, April 15th.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroo..._e.asp?id=2621

So in a nutshell, tomorrow the DND will show the first new recruiting commercial and air a new recruiting website. Stay tuned because guarenteed it will be on youtube shortly and it will make it's way to this website in some way or an other.

Sweet, first I have heard about this. Going to have to keep up on it.

FWIW, I think the current "fight" TV Advert was great & without many words was able to transmit a message.  A great improvement over the various ads we've had these past 30 years.  I hope this one will be just as effective as the last....

Back