• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

As long as it isn't those cheesy politically correct "Team Super Friends" type of ads... :-X

Edit to add:  I hope they are like the ad for the Ukranian Army!  ;D

Considering that we are, once again a war fighting army I expect no less than an Advert that stresses what we do...

They did film some of it on HMCS St Johns in Nov/Dec last.  My counterpart there did not say what they did for the ad, but I know it was a couple of days in total of work.  I expect it may be more of the same type of stuff on the current ad, Navywise.

There is after all, a limit to how much the ad can contain... considering it's either 30 or 60 seconds long.

Heres some blasts from the Past

Here Canadian Forces ad from the late 90's --early 00's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5K69jwRkm04&feature=related

Heres one from 1980 (my favourite lol) ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mDSaEWdMbI4

Media Advisory
National Defence to unveil newest recruiting ads

MA-08.006 - April 14, 2008

Ottawa – The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will unveil the latest television advertisements in the Canadian Forces’ current advertising campaign, Fight, as well as the updated recruitment website (www.forces.ca).

WHAT: Latest Fight advertisements and updated website launch

WHERE: Canadian War Museum, Barney Danson Theatre 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa, ON K1R 1C2

WHEN: Tuesday, April 15th, 2008

TIME: 3:30 pm

Media are asked to arrive at the theatre approximately 30 mins. in advance of the start time. Please confirm your attendance with Nathalie Houle at houle.mn@forces.gc.ca by 10:00am Tuesday, April 15th.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2621

Should be interesting to see what they have produced this time. They just made one last year, so I am surprised that a new one has been made already.

I saw the new ad on T.V. about an hour ago. It's along the lines of the previous 'Fight' commercials but focusing on distress and domestic problems. SAR Techs and Rangers head towards a crashed plane somewhere in the Arctic. I really like how they are doing this ad campaign, there is very little sound so everyone in the room focuses on the picture and what comes next. One of my roommates said 'its got to be a new movie', and all I could do was smile and let it play out. 

I just saw the one where theres a drug raid on a ship going on......

I saw the SAR Tech Add  and thought it was done well .  I  would be interested in seeing the others sounds like they have more than one in mind . 

If you go to the recruiting website, www.forces.ca , you can see the minute long ad. It's the two put together, SAR tech and Naval drug bust. Seems like they broke it down into two 30 second spots for television.

I love those new videos, I think they are just as good, or even better as the other fight videos. Also, the new website is pretty awesome.

I saw the SAR / Ranger rescue of a downed aircraft last night.... no words but - hits the spot... I liked it.

In my opinion, I liked the way the site was before, because it was a lot easier to navigate, but the way it is now, I can get use to.

When do we get to see ads with ...oh....i don't know

1- Destroyer shooting down something with SM-2 missile
2- Halifax class shooting a harpoon missile at something
3- CF-18s straffing HMCS Huron
4- Combat engineers destroying a bridge
5- Sea King droping a Mk46 torp
6- Infantry doing whatever the infantry does
7- Artillery battery in the middle of a fire mission

Etc,etc, etc.......

You see what i'm getting at ?

CDN Aviator said:

4- Combat engineers destrying a bridge

Etc,etc, etc.......

I'm sure that those would be some amazing ads. I too would like to see some like that.

Baker

CDN Aviator said:

4- Combat engineers destroying a bridge

Etc,etc, etc.......

Can't have any of that. We are the Canadian Forces - we hand out Canadian flags, lolipops and sing koombye-ya.

Looks like recruitment ads are back to mediocrity...

Back